You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-07-13] Germany vs Argentina

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Germany will win inside 90 minutes
88%
Germany will win after extra time
8%
Germany will win on penalties
No votes
Argentina will win on penalties
No votes
Argentina will win after extra time
No votes
Argentina will win inside 90 minutes
4%

Total votes : 24

Re: [2014-07-13] Germany vs Argentina

Postby OhioFan » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:40 pm

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Für das deutsche Vaterland!
Danach lasst uns alle streben
Brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes,
Blühe, deutsches Vaterland!

:arrow: :mrgreen:
Stay well brothers and sisters in this time of world peril.
No matter who or where you are, peace be with you.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:52 pm

Let's have the lineups already dammit
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Unchanged lineup for Germany
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:00 pm

No Di Maria... That sucks.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Fénix » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Kevinx67 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Germany will win cause they are the best team at the tournament. Argentina have been lucky thru out the world cup. Don't be nervous. Unless the referee decides the game by giving a (Barca) red card i can't see Germany losing. Once Loew switched Lahm to RB and went 4-2-3-1 this team is Bayern ( 6 Players from Bayern in the starting line up ) that not just won but dominated by winning the treble in 2012-2013 season. While i really don't like Loew as manager i give him all the credit for dropping his original tactics and embracing the proper tactics and line up. I can only hope Pep does the same with Bayern.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dgro » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Kevinx67 wrote:Germany will win cause they are the best team at the tournament. Argentina have been lucky thru out the world cup. Don't be nervous. Unless the referee decides the game by giving a (Barca) red card i can't see Germany losing. Once Loew switched Lahm to RB and went 4-2-3-1 this team is Bayern ( 6 Players from Bayern in the starting line up ) that not just won but dominated by winning the treble in 2012-2013 season. While i really don't like Loew as manager i give him all the credit for dropping his original tactics and embracing the proper tactics and line up. I can only hope Pep does the same with Bayern.

I see your point, but Bayern minus Ribery and Robben isn't quite Bayern :wink:
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:51 pm

After first 45 minutes it's more than clear how Germany is mature to lose this match. Argentina has so far made 3 dangerous chances, Germany lost both Khedira and Kramer which is very, very important thing and they can't create enough space to score.

This ain't gonna be a good night for Deutschland, unfortunately. :|
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:53 pm

With no subs for the midfield, Schweini yellow carded, Höwedes yellow carded this one is going to be tough. Hummels seems to be off a little as well, marking Messi is problematic now.

Kroos and Schweini are marked by 3-5 constantly, they know their game. They seem to be getting tired a bit though, so that's a pro.

On a side note, is Higuain like the worst striker ever? lol
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Well, that was... a first half, I guess. Both teams with obvious plans here - Argentina to wait it out, break at pace down the right against the slow Höwedes/Hummels duo, Germany looking to play Lahm or Müller into crossing positions where they either aim for Klose's head for the goal or someone's feet to take the ball down and set up a shot. However, Khedira and Kramer out means Germany are in deep shit, because Özil will not be able to press even half as hard as either of those two. But Schürrle's pace will really help should Germany start to target the other flank at one point.

It's a real pity the Bender twins and Gündogan are out - any of them could fit in really well in that Khedira role.

(also, Müller's movement to create the space for Höwedes' header - =P~ )
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:58 pm

To clarify my Özil point - it's a real hard hit both offense and defense wise, in offense, Schürrle and Müller will have to stay a lot deeper than they normally would, leaving them unable to exploit the pace behind the argentinian fullbacks, so they can't break at pace as well as two such direct players would want. In defense, Özil will definitely be leaving Mascherano free way too often, leaving him to play long counter-attacking balls with far greater ease (probably against Höwedes and Hummels).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Is it too late to get a private jet for Emre Can?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby theundead » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Germany are back to their poor displays. Midfield seems to have no control. They are missing and losing tackles all over the pitch. Losing Khedira and Kramer in a single match and Sven and Lars before the tournament doesn't help either.
And Argentina are defending very well. Lots of tackles. Excellent marking.

I am afraid Germany have conceded to the pressure they are under.
theundead
I post all the time

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:55 pm

The whole team looks exhausted particularly Kroos and Schweini...they can barely run at this point. I hope they drag it out to penalties, that's 50-50 there.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team