You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-07-13] Germany vs Argentina

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Germany will win inside 90 minutes
88%
Germany will win after extra time
8%
Germany will win on penalties
No votes
Argentina will win on penalties
No votes
Argentina will win after extra time
No votes
Argentina will win inside 90 minutes
4%

Total votes : 24

Re: [2014-07-13] Germany vs Argentina

Postby Fénix » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:09 pm

MoFattal wrote:Don't want to sound like a prick, but Mustafi's injury had a big role in us winning the cup, I think.

Yes, it did. But huge critics from entire Germany after Alegria match, Lahm on midfielder, Mustafi on RB, false 9, etc. resulted with all those changes against France and the rest of the tournament.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby AdepT » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Now if only Pep moves Lahm to his RB place, the world will come to order. :P
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Definitely. JLo was man enough to accept the criticism and change his tactics accordingly, but the Mustafi injury kind of assisted towards that.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:29 pm

AdepT wrote:Now if only Pep moves Lahm to his RB place, the world will come to order. :P

I don't think that will happen. With Kroos out, and no recplacement seemingly wanted, Lahm is destined to start as a central midfielder shielding the back trio of defenders. Plus, Lahm is now 30 and still fit, so playing as a central midfielder will prolong his career by a couple of seasons.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:48 pm

has anyone seen a picture of both lahm and schweinsteiger lifting the cup
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby tflags » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Sabella got all things right. Even without Di María, and some God awful finishing by Higuain and Palacios, he had the game on his palm. He targeted Höwedes on the flank and the chances started coming. Then he goes and decides to replace Lavezzi who was creating chance after another. Where Agüero managed to stop Schweini from being the center of every German play, his contributions offensively were close to none.

Schweinsteiger on the other hand won the game for Germany. He ran the mile, he started every single play in the first half and on the second, once he was closely marked, acted like a third CB without the ball, and draw their midfielders into chaos with it, constantly drawing markers with his runs forward.

No other player since Lothar Matthäws has been so influential at playing two roles on every position but the boxes. He was Mascherano, Lavezzi and Kroos all rolled up into one. He did let Boateng earn his pay on occasion.

Schweinsteigger won the game for Germany by managing to contain Argentina from scoring for just one minute; the very same minute Schürrle decided to become Reus, and Götze decided to become himself.

After all, football is a game where 11 men play against 11, and at the end, those who have bled the most win.
Last edited by tflags on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tflags

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:25 pm

MoFattal wrote:Definitely. JLo was man enough to accept the criticism and change his tactics accordingly, but the Mustafi injury kind of assisted towards that.

And God knows what could have happened with Reus on the pitch...
Sometimes things happen for a reason... With him the team might have not been a T.E.A.M like we've witnessed during this W.C.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:26 pm

When is the reception is Berling going to take place?
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:30 pm

MoFattal wrote:When is the reception is Berling going to take place?

I guess sometime between tonight and tomorrow afternoon
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:31 pm

That would be a great event to watch.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Ruht » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:37 pm

MoFattal wrote:
Badger wrote:And they won it with 7 Bayern players on the field. Did a country ever win it before with so many players from the same club? I don't think anything like it has happened in the modern era.

I think Barca had 7 players in 2010 when Spain won the cup.

Now, I am feeling very optimistic and enthusiastic ahead of the new season. Our players are coming back as world champions and that's the greatest motivation ever to join their other world-class teammates and start the new season with a bang.

Barca had 7 players in the Spain team in 2010, correct.

As for your next line, I'm not so sure. The player will be exhausted as they won't get nearly enough rest and they won't take part in huge part of the pre-season. Their performances might drop a bit this season because of that, but I hope it's the other way around.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:49 pm

Ruht wrote:
MoFattal wrote:
Badger wrote:And they won it with 7 Bayern players on the field. Did a country ever win it before with so many players from the same club? I don't think anything like it has happened in the modern era.

I think Barca had 7 players in 2010 when Spain won the cup.

Now, I am feeling very optimistic and enthusiastic ahead of the new season. Our players are coming back as world champions and that's the greatest motivation ever to join their other world-class teammates and start the new season with a bang.

Barca had 7 players in the Spain team in 2010, correct.

As for your next line, I'm not so sure. The player will be exhausted as they won't get nearly enough rest and they won't take part in huge part of the pre-season. Their performances might drop a bit this season because of that, but I hope it's the other way around.

Can you imagine with Ribery, Thiago and Badstuber also in the world cup ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:28 pm

- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:37 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Image

When I saw that, it reminded me of Captain Tsubasa.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Schweini ain't loser anymore, neither Lahm nor Klose nor Podolski nor Mertesacker. They did it!

Now they can easily walk on the streets with heads up and look people in the eyes and say, we won the World Cup and have had great career.

That's priceless feeling after more than 100 games of these 5 guys who pissed blood literally to win something with Elf.

Great thing for this generation with Özil, Neuer, Boateng, Hummels, Höwedes, Zieler, Götze. That's also good for the players who missed this tournament like Reus, Gomez, Gündogan, Bender twins, Schmelzer, Badstuber, etc.

For Ginter, Durm, Meyer, Volland, Kruse, Herrmann, Werner, Hahn and the rest of the youngsters it's a great motivation to push even more to become national players till Euro 2016.

Somehow Germany will have to find new fullbacks. This is very bad to have just 3-4 players for 2 positions. They literally don't have replacements if injuries happen.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team