You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-07-13] Germany vs Argentina

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Germany will win inside 90 minutes
88%
Germany will win after extra time
8%
Germany will win on penalties
No votes
Argentina will win on penalties
No votes
Argentina will win after extra time
No votes
Argentina will win inside 90 minutes
4%

Total votes : 24

Re: [2014-07-13] Germany vs Argentina

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:50 am

Joachim Löw: "I told Götze at the break in half time at extra time: 'show you are better than Messi, show you are a better player than him and can win a World Cup'"

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:52 am

Rewatching the game i think Argentina came with a solid plan. Considering the chances they had, could have possibly won, but today was an extraordinary day for our fullbacks. Zero fouls around the box and that last possible tackle to either block the shot or stop the dribble was 100% spot on. Schweinsteiger a beast in the midfield! Özil , now im not sure why some are ragging on him, he stepped up his performance and created atleast 7 chances with attacking dribbling. Kroos waste of space only negative of the whole team... have fun in madrid. Messi a creative genius at times but our boys shut him down enough. Schurlle is wasted when he tracks back for the ball.
Munich was so fucking crazy on this night!!!!!
Fun and nail biting game to watch!
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:15 am

you are right. Yest Ozil also tracked back to win some dangerous counters.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:20 am

Later today, I'll work my way back through the comments here on Germany's World Cup, and acknowledge many of them with a "like". It has been a great occasion for Bayern and Germany fans.

I must confess that my original expectation was that Germany would go far, but I wasn't convinced that they had enough to win it. After the France game, which they won so comfortably, I became convinced that Germany were better than any of the remaining teams and, if they dropped Mertesacker (sorry Merte), they could win it.

The rest is history now. It is wonderful that Germany has won it again - something that this generation of players and Loew deserved. I was delighted for them all.

And they won it with 7 Bayern players on the field. Did a country ever win it before with so many players from the same club? I don't think anything like it has happened in the modern era.

Neuer: established himself as the world no1 keeper and had some fantastic performances, although not tested very much in the final.
Boateng: got the MotM award from Kicker for the final, and played perhaps his best game ever; brilliant in the games after his move from right back to central defence, and hopefully takes that position permanently from now on.
Lahm: so consistent for so many years that we overlook how much he contributes; he was superb throughout the tournament and deserved to be the one to lift the trophy.
Kroos: had a quiet, somewhat wobbly final, but was MotM in the semi and central to Germany's dominance and creativity in every other game.
Mueller: the mystery continues about why Mueller is so effective; he worried defences with his unorthodox play throughout the tournament, and narrowly missed out on retaining the golden boot.
Goetze: was on the fringe of things throughout the tournament and probably no higher than second sub after Shurrle, but he scored a career-defining goal in the final, probably the most beautiful Germany goal in the past two decades.
Schweinsteiger: (kept to the last on my list for a special mention) he was the embodiment of everything that is good about German football in the final: tireless, attacking, defending, directing, playing for the team and playing with a passion that hasn't always been evident in this cool, emotionless, efficient team; a real warrior in the final, playing one of his best games on the big stage; he was many people's MotM (including mine) for the final.

Congratulations to all.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:10 am

Zabaleta with his best Oezil impersonation :)

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:12 am

He did it again [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Burko » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:18 am

Wir sind die Weltmeistern!
Finally, the fourth star is ours.
Guess what? The core of new Weltmeister team is build from Bayern players 8) =D>
All we need is number 10......and Chámes Rodríguéz
Burko
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:38 am

Badger wrote:And they won it with 7 Bayern players on the field. Did a country ever win it before with so many players from the same club? I don't think anything like it has happened in the modern era.

I think Barca had 7 players in 2010 when Spain won the cup.

Now, I am feeling very optimistic and enthusiastic ahead of the new season. Our players are coming back as world champions and that's the greatest motivation ever to join their other world-class teammates and start the new season with a bang.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Fénix » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:41 am

MoFattal wrote:I think Barca had 7 players in 2010 when Spain won the cup.

Including 3 ex-players: Poldi, Hummels, Klose. 8)

More than 1/3 of Elf belongs to Bayern.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Kalev » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 am

Just Müller again.

And where can I review this match & celebrations. This match was instead of 120 minutes for me like 10 minutes. All went so quick.
Kalev
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Fénix » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:23 am

Kalev wrote:Just Müller again.

Alles Müller oder was?
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby cimperski » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:37 am

Can someone translate what Müller said?
cimperski
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovenia

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:43 am

Boateng played yesterday with his heart, just like in the CL final against Dortmund. Very similar performances by him. =D> Man of the match for me were clearly Schweinsteiger and Lahm and I guess we should apologize with Löw after what this team has achieved.

But you have to say that he did more or less what we were asking for throughout the tournament. He dropped Mertesacker, he switched Lahm from midfield to the right back and he used the Hummels--Boateng duo as CB
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:47 am

But Löw also deserves to get more credit because of the injuries that this team has had to deal with.

We were out of midfielders because of injuries: Gündogan, Lars & Sven Bender were out, Khedira and Schweini were not at their 100%, Kramer replaced an injured Khedira and managed to get injured himself in the first half of the final... even Rode was injured too !!

Not to mention what Marco Reus could have added to this team
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:52 am

Don't want to sound like a prick, but Mustafi's injury had a big role in us winning the cup, I think.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team