You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-07-13] Germany vs Argentina

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Germany will win inside 90 minutes
88%
Germany will win after extra time
8%
Germany will win on penalties
No votes
Argentina will win on penalties
No votes
Argentina will win after extra time
No votes
Argentina will win inside 90 minutes
4%

Total votes : 24

Re: [2014-07-13] Germany vs Argentina

Postby MatZam » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:32 pm

So so happy tonight... Utterly delighted for Lahm, Basti, Klose and the rest. They deserve it so much and are now utterly cemented into their place in history.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Jaaaaaaa! Weltmeister!!!!!
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Good night all, Germany's world champions for at least 4 more years :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:38 pm

Boateng MOTM, no doubt!
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby srajzel » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:45 pm

I am soooooo happy for German win! Lahm, Schweini, Neuer, Muller, Kroos, Boateng are now immortal with both CL and WC trophy :D =D> =D>
srajzel
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdepT » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:48 pm

Finally he has his WC! :cry:
FUSSBALLGOTT!

'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Fénix » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:57 pm

The biggest moment of the tournament, when you play against two opponents - Italian referee and Italy number 2.

I send Germany thousand time "u pičku materinu" because of soft playing, weak approach in duels while Argentine team was clearly aggressive, determinated and strong in their target to score a goal. The worst thing, all of their most dangerous attacks came from right side. I couldn't understand why Germans didn't prevent couple of times those cross balls when you know that it is the only way for Argentina to make something.

And that thing in modern football - shot from first ball contact. I can't believe that today's so called professional players don't know to try to shoot immediately. Germany had 4 clear chances, 4 times players decided not to shoot from first time but to calm the ball and then shoot. Argentines always had time to block and clear away from the box. :roll:

Kroos tried outside of box, but definitely a bad shot and the bad performance tonight in the attacking part.

I'm very happy for Klose, Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Mertesacker. Just because of them. Why? They are old school players, from another football time, some of them I've watched 12-13 years ago, they felt how it is to be on bottom and touch it and now they have finally found out how it is to touch the sky - win the World Cup after 5-6 national tournaments played in their career. Finally one gold for them. Guys like Ballack, Frings, Schneider, Friedrich, Neuville, Lehmann never felt that. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:09 am

Hi........................ :cheers: Jungs...............
I still cannot believe it ... I just clapped when Goetze scored but when Rizzoli decided to halt the game I woke up the whole block of apartments and village... I drank like 3 l of Paulaner weissbier... :cheers:
I stayed home for all games rather than going to the FCB club... celebrating all by my self... but here I have you...

Guys as you might presume I had no hope especially when Khedira was declared unfit... & when Goetze came in... I said ; '' as if he will make a difference'' than afterwords I've said ... what if he scores the winning goal?!?!? WOW
IMO Boateng Howedes Schweinsteiger , Schurrle and Klose were the best out there... they worked as slaves for the team/
I am so happy for Lahm & Basti & Poldi and especially to the Legend: Miro Klose.

I am not sure whether you are aware of a particular competition on fifa.com! to cut the long story short the comp was to write a slogan on the team bus (it was way back in January) and I chose this: WE ARE COMING FOR THE FOURTH STAR'' after all I am not that pessimistic... am I ?

PS Schurrle is the man of the WC IMO

Messi hahahhaahaa WC2014 palyer of the tournament

Wir Sind Weltmeister : one two three four... :cheers:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:11 am

At the same time, old school toughness blended with new creativity is what brought the win. Germany was too young four years ago. This year, they have the experience to hold tough with the magic to fashion that beautiful goal.

Definitely we need to be stronger mentally. A few players were not up to the big moment, and Argentina played with heart and definitely could have seized the opportunity. Congrats to Argentina for coming to play today, and if Higuain had buried it after Kroos's mistake I would say they would have earned it. They didn't take their chance though, Germany held strong, and we found the way to win.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby runaway » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:12 am

Man, Lahm and Schweinstiger are legends. Just their presence calms the heart and focuses the team. Saw them at the huddle and they were urging the whole team while Messi has already left his team's huddle.

It's funny to think that this Argentina team have the best forwards in top clubs yet they look toothless. Either Messi is their salvation or he is their downfall. Their best asset was their solid defense, Rojo and Masxherano gets the props.

I thought this would be another joke by the football gods, a team that plays football does everything they can and will fall by one lucky break. All the hard work for nothing. I'm glad open football won today. Not the cramp the box and run style of football. And what a way to top it with an outstanding goal.

Boateng, Hummels, Höwedes, Lahm, solid solid performance especially Boateng. The defense were caught on various times but they didn't panic. Neuer, no words lol redefining the goalkeeper position.

On Kroos, somehow my heart is calmed if he departs. He lacks maturity and steel of nerves needed in the most crucial time like Lahm and Schweinstiger shows. Maybe it's because he wasn't part in that CL final. He panicked many times and slowed the play down again. The only way to break that defense was quick unpredictable passes. Khedira's contributions were missed who would have thought?

This was a roller coaster ride, a memorable experience. And what's even better is how everybody celebrated. This isn't a team broken byfactions like 2012. You see the compassion and joy. No individual players. It was teamwork. This was a golden generation winning the top prize with the help of another possible golden generation. France 2016, here comes ze Germans. B)

Who cares about individual awards... it just always goes against a player from a team of excellent 11. The argument he's from a really good team is always used against them. What a joke.

via Tapatalk
Last edited by runaway on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby yellow14 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:14 am

Kevinx67 wrote:
oreo wrote:After taking countless hits, nasty cut in the face and just barely managing to get off the field due to cramps after that tackle on Messi. Who else was it taking the last hit while clearing the last ball but Scwheinsteiger. I think very few can say they've anytime left everything on the pitch after watching his performance tonight!

Scwheinsteiger was man of the match.

Agreed. He gave a heroic effort for Germany today.

I kept hoping they'd go to Götze earlier. We needed a creative spark. So happy that Schweini got his much deserved Cup victory. I felt this was his last Cup.
yellow14
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:35 am

Schweinsteiger is OUR LEGEND!

After 14km of running, after got beaten many times, he finds the courage to STAND UP AND FIGHT. I can say that the moment he stood up and got in again I had a flashback of the past. THIS IS WHAT WAS MISSING! That fighting spirit and courage IMO change the course of the game and only moments afterwards, we scored.

That's what a legend should do! That's what a leader should do! Thank you Schweini ! Thank you all!
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:38 am

Thank you Germany \:D/ =D>
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Kalev » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:42 am

I'm too tired to read all these comments here and everywhere else but I can say I am really happy. This team really deserved to be winners and they finally made it. Argentina didn't deserve it as much as Germans also.

Kalev
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AdepT » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 am

AvatarX wrote:Schweinsteiger is OUR LEGEND!

After 14km of running, after got beaten many times, he finds the courage to STAND UP AND FIGHT. I can say that the moment he stood up and got in again I had a flashback of the past. THIS IS WHAT WAS MISSING! That fighting spirit and courage IMO change the course of the game and only moments afterwards, we scored.

That's what a legend should do! That's what a leader should do! Thank you Schweini ! Thank you all!

Seeing him and Lahm cry in 2013, I was overwhelmed. But today, I let out a few tears when I saw him crying.
Not sure he'll get the adulation in media for they swoon over other people.

Here is a MAN, finally getting rewarded for his job. FUSSBALLGOTT, if there ever was one!

That kiss sequence with Poldi was, well, enjoyable. :P

One more thing, not 14 km. HE RAN 15.33 km! =D>

PS : And damn, Draxler has beaut! :oops: :P
Last edited by AdepT on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team