You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-06-30] Germany vs Algeria

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:00 pm

Germany will win inside 90 minutes
93%
Germany will win after extra time
No votes
Germany will win on penalties
No votes
Algeria will win on penalties
No votes
Algeria will win after extra time
No votes
Algeria will win inside 90 minutes
7%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2014-06-30] Germany vs Algeria

Postby JJJ » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:49 pm

Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby pyrasur » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:52 pm

Was that designed? I don't see him trip on anything. Also Özil and Schürrle don't look surprised.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby runaway » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:54 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Lahm's Yellow card.

The card will be wiped no worries.

pyrasur wrote:Was that designed? I don't see him trip on anything

I heard the commentators say the pitch is wet.

Btw, Algeria's goal could have been avoided. Not sure who's at fault, Boateng or I think it was Kramer that got pushed in far post. https://vine.co/v/MFPB0muJml5

They did their best. They made Germany work for that win.
Last edited by runaway on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby rthebest » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:55 pm

France is a pacy team Low better to think about something, because I cannot watch Benzima score again
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:03 am

I'm not worried about France. We are much better in the "big" games.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:11 am

MoFattal wrote:I'm not worried about France. We are much better in the "big" games.

But is it me? or the this French team have some similarities with Germany's 2010 edition :oops:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:14 am

France are the co-best team so far this tournament. They have great individuals who play together as a unit. However, Germany always show up on the big occasions, and if both teams play at their best then it is us who'll advance.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Kalev » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:33 am

It would be much funnier if Ribery could play. Lahm vs Franck would have been great duel. There is no option that Lahm will play in midfield the next game. Mustafi and Höwedes were horrible.

I hoped that Klose could have turned to the game and scored his 16th goal against tired Algerian's.
Kalev
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Kevinx67 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:08 am

Is Pep Guardiola coaching the team wearing a Loew mask? They played terrible today. I think Bayern should fire Pep now cause watching that style of play is not effective anymore. I hope Loew learns the hard way and Pep sees Lahm should always play left back. If Loew plays the same formation against France they will be ripped open by the better Algerians.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:26 am

What did Mustafi do wrong? In the first 30 min., only Lahm and Neuer were in the match, too many wrong passes. Großkreutz is awful, he didn't impress me or Jogi Löw when he played.

And Schmelzer isn't that important too, maybe he is better than Höwedes when going forward, but in reality he is just a mediocre LB.

I blame Jogi only for not starting Schürrle more, since Reus is injured. I'd bench Özil's ass more if I had any say.

Kramar was good for the minutes he played, but played too little to rate him.

Don't let media brainwash you, don't eat what is served. I'm sure Löw knows his players better than me and you.
JANCKER

Postby Dgro » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:33 am

JANCKER wrote:What did Mustafi do wrong? In the first 30 min., only Lahm and Neuer were in the match, too many wrong passes. Großkreutz is awful, he didn't impress me or Jogi Löw when he played.

And Schmelzer isn't that important too, maybe he is better than Höwedes when going forward, but in reality he is just a mediocre LB.

I blame Jogi only for not starting Schürrle more, since Reus is injured. I'd bench Özil's ass more if I had any say.

Don't let media brainwash you, don't eat what is served. I'm sure Löw knows his players better than me and you.

The media I watch doesn't comment on the German NT - therefor I am not brainwashed, and my opinion is that Howedes and Mustafi are (obviously) too slow to play Fullback, Lahm is 100x more valuable in defense than in midfield, Schurrle played better in 75 minutes today than Gotze/Ozil have all tournament long, and Loew is an escaped mental patient with stupid hair and a little willy. There you have it.
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:58 am

Dgro wrote:
JANCKER wrote:What did Mustafi do wrong? In the first 30 min., only Lahm and Neuer were in the match, too many wrong passes. Großkreutz is awful, he didn't impress me or Jogi Löw when he played.

The media I watch doesn't comment on the German NT - therefor I am not brainwashed, and my opinion is that Howedes and Mustafi are (obviously) too slow to play Fullback, Lahm is 100x more valuable in defense than in midfield, Schurrle played better in 75 minutes today than Gotze/Ozil have all tournament long, and Loew is an escaped mental patient with stupid hair and a little willy. There you have it.

Judging him based on his looks, you're not brainwashed. :)

Mustafi isn't better than Lahm in RB, but seems Lahm is comfortable playing in midfield and plays his role perfectly.

The one that is risking the most if Germany doesn't win the WC is Löw, so please...
JANCKER

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:18 am

I like to think this speech happened at halftime.

Gab Marcotti had posted that post in one of his articles about Atletico Madrid. Actually I just imagine this scene happening anytime the game isn't being played. Also I like playing Scott Schroder's 'Lilien vor' song now everytime either Bayern or die Mannschaft win. :D
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby michel » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:31 am

The 1:0 against Austria that eliminated Algeria from World Cup 1982 was dubbed a match of shame. Look no further than 2014 for a modern-day edition of a shameful display.

More: Germany Algeria tactical analysis: the match of shame, 2014 edition
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:28 am

While watching "unfortunately only" the second half of the game, it seemed to me that manuel neuer has gotten even more self confident in his abilities... not just with direct shots , but little things from corners, to taking his time with a ball coming at him, tuff to describe but he seemed to breem with having his head in the game, and all the little shit he does like that kick pass to schurle it was the half the length of the field , curved and spot on...
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team