You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

German Youth Discussions

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

German Youth Discussions

Postby bmguy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:09 am

I wonder why there's no thread for youth talent scout discussion. Any dedicated hearts to German football here that know the insider news from clubs ? :D
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Re: German Youth Discussions

Postby FCB12Forever » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:02 pm

I don't know insider news, but I have some good interest on this topic. Scouting German players is and always will be one of Bayern's priorities.

Just apart from Arp, Wintzheimer, Meier, (which we tend to know), I am very interested in David Otto of TSG U19. He scored 19 in 13 games plus 7 assists, which goes to 2 goals per game. He recently scored 3 goals against FC Heidenheim in the U19 league. Hoffe is still No. 1 in the SW Junior-BL. Curiously there is NO videos about his playstyle and even his pictures are scarce.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Unbelievable defeat for Germany U19, 2 - 5 against Norway. Wtf has gone wrong ?
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Great news for German Youth football. Germany beat Holland 4-1 today and our very own Wintzheimer scored a brace! :D

This means Germany have qualified for the main competition in Finland this summer. The only surprise for me personally is that how Arp was not selected :|

EDIT: Unfortunately Germany did not qualify for the Final tournament because Scotland bottled a 4-2 advantage against Norway and Norway scored a winning penalty in the 91st minute. That means Germany and Norway were level on points but Norway qualify for the main competition on head to head tiebreaker rather than Goal difference.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:34 am

America USA wrote:Great news for German Youth football. Germany beat Holland 4-1 today and our very own Wintzheimer scored a brace! :D

This means Germany have qualified for the main competition in Finland this summer. The only surprise for me personally is that how Arp was not selected :|

EDIT: Unfortunately Germany did not qualify for the Final tournament because Scotland bottled a 4-2 advantage against Norway and Norway scored a winning penalty in the 91st minute. That means Germany and Norway were level on points but Norway qualify for the main competition on head to head tiebreaker rather than Goal difference.

UNFASSBAR. I cannot believe Germany was eliminated because they lost to Norway 2-5, while was able to crush the Dutch U19 4-1. Goddamn Norway was trampled by the Dutch 6-1!!!

Wintzheimer (the Bayern U19 scoring machine) scored 1 goal against Scotland and 2 goals against Netherlands. But I heard he did not start against Norway.

I would be more than happy to see Wintzheimer and Kai Havertz graduate from the U19 and start for the U21. It will be interesting, and I predict they will be a destructive force in the U21 squad.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:07 am

Bmguy was right. German football is suffering because the German youths are being ignored in favor of youngsters from France, Eastern European countries, Australia, Switzerland, etc.

5-10 years ago you saw Bundesliga teams have many young German youth starting for them but now the “young” sides like Leipzig and Leverkusen are filled with foreign youth.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:17 am

Serious discussion needed here. Mehmet Scholl said players are not *allowed* to dribble in youth games and training! This will most certainly destroy some very talented players!
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:17 am

FCB12Forever wrote:Serious discussion needed here. Mehmet Scholl said players are not *allowed* to dribble in youth games and training! This will most certainly destroy some very talented players!

That’s stupid tbh. Only passing won’t break down French and Italian buses, sometimes you need a bit of creativity and magic to score against the strong defensive teams!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 am

I also took a browse through the FIFA 18 database. Looked at a few French players and some German players. Problem 2: I wasn't able to find a single German player in this 2018 squad with a physical rating >90. While in the French squad, almost everyone of them had physical ratings >90. I picked Thauvin, the French RW who spent most if not all his time on the bench, and he has a physical rating of 80. Picked Brandt in the German squad who had a similar role, a shocking 64.

This, might be another problem that needs to be addressed in youth and professional training.

Note: did not look at the world cup winner version of French players, that would be too overrated. Looked at the data version gathered before the world cup.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:47 am

America USA wrote:Bmguy was right. German football is suffering because the German youths are being ignored in favor of youngsters from France, Eastern European countries, Australia, Switzerland, etc.

5-10 years ago you saw Bundesliga teams have many young German youth starting for them but now the “young” sides like Leipzig and Leverkusen are filled with foreign youth.

They are ignored for a reason I am afraid. Foreign youth picked over German ones simply because foreign youth are more competitive.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:27 am

FCB12Forever wrote:Serious discussion needed here. Mehmet Scholl said players are not *allowed* to dribble in youth games and training! This will most certainly destroy some very talented players!
I'd better not comment
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:29 am

FCB12Forever wrote:I also took a browse through the FIFA 18 database. Looked at a few French players and some German players. Problem 2: I wasn't able to find a single German player in this 2018 squad with a physical rating >90. While in the French squad, almost everyone of them had physical ratings >90. I picked Thauvin, the French RW who spent most if not all his time on the bench, and he has a physical rating of 80. Picked Brandt in the German squad who had a similar role, a shocking 64.

This, might be another problem that needs to be addressed in youth and professional training.

Note: did not look at the world cup winner version of French players, that would be too overrated. Looked at the data version gathered before the world cup.
Germany is not Germany of the past...
I have been saying this for ages.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:09 am

ramsej84 wrote:Germany is not Germany of the past... I have been saying this for ages.

Further dig into the database shows Germany players have similar physical ratings to Spanish players.

Why am I not surprised.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:37 am

Here's some information about strikers. I got this from someone who knows Ole Pohlmann (https://www.transfermarkt.com/ole-pohlm ... ler/405690)

So I got the chance to talk to Ole Pohlmann. I asked him, what is your favorite position? He replied, anywhere up front. That was perplexing, and is enough to spark decent curiosity in a football fan. I asked him more questions. So Ole played indoor football before he was 15. Small indoor pitch with commercial plates all around to prevent the ball from going out of playing area. Positions are very versatile in these small pitches, and no ordinary strikers are needed. Headers, hold-back play is not necessary as well.

Ole admitted that he had never been trained to place headers before he was 15, neither was he trained about hold-back play then.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Return to German National Team