You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
24%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
47%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
24%

Total votes : 17

Re: General German national team thread

Postby quaazi » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 pm

Having CBs play as fullbacks is great for aerial power - Hummels played centrally but having to account for Boateng and Höwedes in addition to the two centerbacks must've strained the portugese defense in that corner, moreso than with Lahm and Schmelzer/whoever, I'd say.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:55 pm

quaazi wrote:Having CBs play as fullbacks is great for aerial power - Hummels played centrally but having to account for Boateng and Höwedes in addition to the two centerbacks must've strained the portugese defense in that corner, moreso than with Lahm and Schmelzer/whoever, I'd say.

That's a good point.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:47 pm

MoFattal wrote:That satisfaction look on Weindenfeller's face :lol: It's like "that's my teammate ... :coffee:"

Haha, exactly! So confident is Roman. :D
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Jorge » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:25 pm

What worries me now is that Costa Rica was able to do something that Germany has never done: they beat Italy!
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:13 pm

Germany are just one of the teams to have adopted Spain’s ‘false 9’ approach from two years ago, but Löw has modified the system to utilise the personnel available to him. The Germans not only have the technical ability to match Spain, but the power running through the squad means there is every possibility they can better La Furia Roja’s exploits at Euro 2012.

Their plan to stifle Portugal worked perfectly and if they can maintain their performances in their remaining group games with Ghana and USA, they should comfortably progress to the next round as table toppers, while many feel Germany can secure their 4th World Cup this summer. [source]
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby scaPEPgoat » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Just another guy to not sing the anthem today. What would low have done if Reus hadn't got hurt? He didn't have a plan for if a CB got hurt? In a 23 man roster? Why did he bring Ginter over Mustafi if his first choice is Mustafi? If Ginter is there as a DM then why bring Kramer over Mustafi? Why not Boateng, Lahm at RB and Bastian in midfield? Mustafi now higher rated than Schweinsteiger? Low is an idiot. Let me guess Ozil and Khedira automatically starting too.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Germany are just one of the teams to have adopted Spain’s ‘false 9’ approach from two years ago, but Löw has modified the system to utilise the personnel available to him. The Germans not only have the technical ability to match Spain, but the power running through the squad means there is every possibility they can better La Furia Roja’s exploits at Euro 2012.

Their plan to stifle Portugal worked perfectly and if they can maintain their performances in their remaining group games with Ghana and USA, they should comfortably progress to the next round as table toppers, while many feel Germany can secure their 4th World Cup this summer. [source]

Besides muscles & height, direct football and high tempo is something what Germany have. This is more like Bayern and Dortmund, not Spain and Barcelona which rely on tiki-taka.

That's how Bayern invented football 7UP last year and that's how Bayern completely failed against Real with only 4-5 serious chances in 180 minutes.

We'll see Löw's balls, have they grown up or not. Furthermore, he still digs his nose searching for 'gold' inside of holes. :lol:

Germany players need gold around their necks, not Löw's natural wealth.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:58 pm

What the hell is Mustafi doing in Brazil??? :evil: He was even ignored by his team-mates big time on many occasions.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:30 pm

ramsej84 wrote:What the hell is Mustafi doing in Brazil??? :evil: He was even ignored by his team-mates big time on many occasions.

At one point he was literally alone on the far side of the pitch. No Ghana or Germany players at all. I was really angry that (I think Schweinsteiger) didn't pass the ball to him.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zuki46 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:35 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:What the hell is Mustafi doing in Brazil??? :evil: He was even ignored by his team-mates big time on many occasions.

At one point he was literally alone on the far side of the pitch. No Ghana or Germany players at all. I was really angry that (I think Schweinsteiger) didn't pass the ball to him.

I think that most players are not happy with the way JL coaches and that he insists on playing Özil and Khedira when they are out of form. Imagine their surprise when Mustafi is subbed instead of Schweini who I believe should be a starter.
zuki46
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Dgro » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:52 am

I'll forgive Löw (with the stipulation that I will still believe he's an idiot) if Khedira and Mustafi don't play in the next match. Too much to expect that he would bench Ozil imo
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Dgro » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:55 am

zuki46 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

I think that most players are not happy with the way JL coaches and that he insists on playing Özil and Khedira when they are out of form. Imagine their surprise when Mustafi is subbed instead of Schweini who I believe should be a starter.

Normally I wouldn't pretend to know what the players are thinking, but today when Mustafi went in at the half I swear I saw Podolski on the bench sitting there with a "what the f*ck?" expression on his face. That combined with the obvious freezing out of Mustafi... you're probably right
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:35 am

Dgro wrote:I'll forgive Löw (with the stipulation that I will still believe he's an idiot) if Khedira and Mustafi don't play in the next match. Too much to expect that he would bench Ozil imo

It comes down between Ozil and Gotze. We need one, we don't need both. In my opinion Ozil was better in the first game, and Gotze was better yesterday. So I won't really mind if he drops Gotze instead of Ozil, even though Gotze is one of my favourites. Just drop one of them, please.

Khedira should take on a "Gustavo-for-Bayern role". He shouldn't be starting, but he should be subbed in in games against big teams once we are in the lead.

Mustafi should only be playing in case of a crisis.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:40 am

You don't know how fit Schweini was...chances are he wasn't available to play for more than he actually played. Hence why Khedira started. I don't understand why Mustafi is preferred over KG or Durm though.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:49 am

envagyokazapad wrote:You don't know how fit Schweini was...chances are he wasn't available to play for more than he actually played. Hence why Khedira started. I don't understand why Mustafi is preferred over KG or Durm though.

Granted, and this probably was the case. I'd still have started Podolski or Schurrle over him, especially with the positions Khedira and Kroos took on the pitch.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team