You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
7%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
21%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
43%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
29%

Total votes : 14

Re: General German national team thread

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
AvatarX wrote:I kind of understand this "patriotism" fear (I am not that "patriot" either - at least in the bad way) BUT ...

I recently saw a replay of WC 1990 Final and EVERYBODY were singing with passion and afterwards they went out there and won the trophy (one of the happiest days of my life).

Oh, how I miss THAT passion. Our players now might be twice as talented but they have less than half of that passion. And that passion is the needed ingredient to win trophies.

Off-topic but who are you supporting in this WC? (I know you had told us two years ago but I forgot).

Germany first.

I would like some decent appearances from Greece but the reason I love football was Germany NT and the WCs 1982 - 86 -90. I guess first love marks you forever :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kod2600 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:36 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:ometimes the commentators here pronounce it as "Newer"

Some Arab commentators pronounce it "Nowhere" exactly how it's pronounced in English -_- the few Arab members here can confirm this lol

on a serious note, what do you guys think of this Formation:

My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Burko » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:41 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I've just been speaking to a good friend of mine who has a German boyfriend and she told me something that could perhaps explain why many German players refuse to sing the anthem.

Apparently, the crackdown on nationalism after WW2 in the country was so big that many Germans now view patriotism as a bad thing. It is also why they eliminated the first two verses from the anthem (the ones that include "Deutschland über alles"). Some people refuse to sing the anthem because they see it as nationalistic.

Have any of our members living in Germany ever come across this?

shame on them! How can you renounce your fatherland. That is why most european countries are dying out because there is no patriotism in them :evil:

Not in Eastern Europe, we are quiet strong patriots :twisted:
All we need is number 10......and Chámes Rodríguéz
Burko
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:02 pm

Burko wrote:Not in Eastern Europe, we are quiet strong patriots

I think it's because they gained independence quite recently, just like Malta.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JJJ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:48 pm

This is our team!!!!!!
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:51 pm

That satisfaction look on Weindenfeller's face :lol: It's like "that's my teammate ... :coffee:"
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby runaway » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:56 pm

News about Hummels? Please don't be serious... [-o<
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:57 pm

runaway wrote:News about Hummels? Please don't be serious... [-o<

He said he's ok.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:03 pm

sigh of relief :D
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Achilles » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:38 pm

Playing with two CB's as full backs,something doesn't fit right to me,don't know... Portugal seemed to weak and the red card killed them,can't jump up to many conclusions for Germany. But definetely they will need those overlaps from their fullbacks,Boateng & Howedes can't provide too much at this area,I think it's really troublesome.
Moreover Kroos AND Ozil in the same XI ? It was really confusing,I suppose the injury of Reus made that,probably it was a Kroos vs Ozil battle for the No.10 position but then came the injury of Marco Reus,so Low put them both,I think that a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1(Jupp style) is perfect for Germany but not with these players,even if Low needs Lahm as a CDM you have to drop Ozil or Kroos,they can't perform on the wings,personally I'll pick Kroos especially after tonight's excellent performance.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby Dgro » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:01 pm

I thought Ozil was good on the wing tonight - our most dangerous creator for much of the game. I mean, the concern with him would be will he track back defensively or not, and I don't see him as any more of a liability than any f his possible replacements.

Rather, I think Gotze is the most undeserving starter. Poor form all season and doesn't look much sharper with the national team. I would rather make room for Poldi or Schurrle
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:07 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MatZam wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:It means that Reus's replacement in midfield is Lahm.

Reus is a left winger. Lahm plays defensive midfield. Lahm can't/won't play left wing, neither can Khedira or Kroos. And I doubt Schweinsteiger still can either.

Kroos plays centrally, and Ozil/Gotze move to the wing. Or he might play Kroos there, it wouldn't be the first time.

:coffee:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:37 pm

Achilles wrote:Playing with two CB's as full backs,something doesn't fit right to me,don't know... Portugal seemed to weak and the red card killed them,can't jump up to many conclusions for Germany. But definetely they will need those overlaps from their fullbacks,Boateng & Howedes can't provide too much at this area,I think it's really troublesome.
Moreover Kroos AND Ozil in the same XI ? It was really confusing,I suppose the injury of Reus made that,probably it was a Kroos vs Ozil battle for the No.10 position but then came the injury of Marco Reus,so Low put them both,I think that a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1(Jupp style) is perfect for Germany but not with these players,even if Low needs Lahm as a CDM you have to drop Ozil or Kroos,they can't perform on the wings,personally I'll pick Kroos especially after tonight's excellent performance.

I agree with you 100% on playing CBs as fullbacks, vs stronger teams I dont think its a good idea. You can even look at how Chiellini played on the left for Italy vs England and pretty much killed the left side for attacks. I hope its not something Loew will use in the latter parts of the tournament.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Not worried about Boateng as a fullback. He can attack well. Howedes may be a different story but there's Durm as an alternative.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Durm as an alternative.

Surely Grosskreutz would be picked first over him?
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team