You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
28%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
44%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
22%

Total votes : 18

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:54 pm

Top 3 all Bayern players. 8)
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JJJ » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Grosskreutz :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Compare his face to others and you'll realise that he doesn't belong there... :lol:
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Element » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Loew announced that Philipp Lahm Will Play in the midfield, he also added that his partner will mostly be Schweinsteiger [source]
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:51 am

Element wrote:
Loew announced that Philipp Lahm Will Play in the midfield, he also added that his partner will mostly be Schweinsteiger [source]

Aceptable. I don't really like Boa as a Right-back but not having to depend on Khedira's form and having Schweinsteiger start on the side is good. But I would rather see a 3-4-3:

Boa,Hummels,Mertesacker-Schweinsteiger,Khedira,Kroos,Lahm-Podolski,Goetze,Mueller

and if Khedira doesn't work, sub Durm in for him and move Schweini to the center, or some arrangement like that.

MoFattal wrote:Schweinsteiger seems to be the one having the most fun in Brazil :D

Also, this should go on the Fun Thread, but... you have no clue what us Spanish speakers have to endure when watching German games. Narrators are usually Argentinian, Colombian, Chilean or Venezuelan and they say Schweinsteiger in all sort of horrible ways, including some which are sort of like "Chuanstaiger" or "Schguani". Also, some Spaniards go around saying "Newer" (both "e"s pronounced as in "net" or "neck" and the "w" pronounced as an English "W"). Hurts the ears...
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AllensRoten » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:51 am

JJJ wrote:Grosskreutz :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Compare his face to others and you'll realise that he doesn't belong there... :lol:

Schweinsteiger's calves :shock: :shock: :shock: How do I get my calves that big???
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:47 am

AllensRoten wrote:
JJJ wrote:Grosskreutz :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Schweinsteiger's calves :shock: :shock: :shock: How do I get my calves that big???

What about Draxler's ? :shock: He doesn't look like he plays football!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:39 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Also, this should go on the Fun Thread, but... you have no clue what us Spanish speakers have to endure when watching German games. Narrators are usually Argentinian, Colombian, Chilean or Venezuelan and they say Schweinsteiger in all sort of horrible ways, including some which are sort of like "Chuanstaiger" or "Schguani". Also, some Spaniards go around saying "Newer" (both "e"s pronounced as in "net" or "neck" and the "w" pronounced as an English "W"). Hurts the ears...

If it makes you feel any better, sometimes the commentators here pronounce it as "Newer", exactly the same way you'd pronounce the English word. :roll:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:01 pm

I've just been speaking to a good friend of mine who has a German boyfriend and she told me something that could perhaps explain why many German players refuse to sing the anthem.

Apparently, the crackdown on nationalism after WW2 in the country was so big that many Germans now view patriotism as a bad thing. It is also why they eliminated the first two verses from the anthem (the ones that include "Deutschland über alles"). Some people refuse to sing the anthem because they see it as nationalistic.

Have any of our members living in Germany ever come across this?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:04 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I've just been speaking to a good friend of mine who has a German boyfriend and she told me something that could perhaps explain why many German players refuse to sing the anthem.

Apparently, the crackdown on nationalism after WW2 in the country was so big that many Germans now view patriotism as a bad thing. It is also why they eliminated the first two verses from the anthem (the ones that include "Deutschland über alles"). Some people refuse to sing the anthem because they see it as nationalistic.

shame on them! How can you renounce your fatherland. That is why most european countries are dying out because there is no patriotism in them :evil:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Yep. Not all of them care for singing the anthem.
During the Euro 2012, I was in a house full with around 10 Germans and some other nationalities. When they started singing the anthem on the TV only 3 or 4 actually sang it (and me).

HOWEVER
This is changing. A lot. The reason? Football.
It is common knowledge that since the WC in 2006 here in Germany, it was the first time since WW2 where people were in the streets waving the German flag and singing the German anthem while no one raised an eyebrow. People started felling proud for being German for the first time in a long, long time.

Also, I was reading a few weeks back an study where they interviewed young Germans and asked if they rather have another nationality and the response was that around 70% would not change they nationality. If this study was conducted 30 years ago, I believe the average of positive response would be ridiculously low.

Another aspect is that the image of Germany = Nazis is changing a lot. Germany is an extremely tolerant and popular nation now, only behind the USA. This is reflected in the number of immigrants coming here, once again, the number is only smaller than immigrant going to the USA.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:39 pm

That is why sometimes I give a s*** about the National Teams... cause after all I am not German I am Maltese and after my country comes
FC Bayern and that's all
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I've just been speaking to a good friend of mine who has a German boyfriend and she told me something that could perhaps explain why many German players refuse to sing the anthem.

Don't know about anthem song, but I know how do they feel about patriotism and expresing their national pride, identity... They still don't like to show that national pride because of the WW2 and the blame they carry on.

I mean... I don't see any reason why would their children and grandchildren feel guilty for something? There are some elements in Croatia similar to German situation because of the 1941-1945 period, where our pride after that was deeply oppressed in communist Yugoslavia for almost 50 years, till 1989-1990 when we decided to leave and many people were killed without any trial.

It's a long story and you can talk about this for hours, even days. We Croats also know what is to be in that situation(1945-1990) and why Germans don't talk about some things, express them loud and clear inside of their own country and abroad.
When you are working for 30-40 years in Germany and spend time with the German people, you find out why is that so.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:05 pm

Tedesco wrote:Another aspect is that the image of Germany = Nazis is changing a lot. Germany is an extremely tolerant and popular nation now, only behind the USA. This is reflected in the number of immigrants coming here, once again, the number is only smaller than immigrant going to the USA.

In fact I know someone who has lived in both Germany and USA and he says that Germany is much more tolerant and open to foreigners.

It is interesting that football is helping change this view among Germans.

ramsej84 wrote:shame on them! How can you renounce your fatherland. That is why most european countries are dying out because there is no patriotism in them

I suppose it is strange for us Maltese, but remember that our histories were completely opposite. Nazi Germany is a history of invading other countries, subduing other populations and committing atrocious crimes. Our own country's history in WW2 (and for thousands of years before that) was the opposite. We were the ones being invaded and ruled by other nations, so obviously in these 50 years of independence the sense of patriotism would be very high.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:58 pm

I kind of understand this "patriotism" fear (I am not that "patriot" either - at least in the bad way) BUT ...

I recently saw a replay of WC 1990 Final and EVERYBODY were singing with passion and afterwards they went out there and won the trophy (one of the happiest days of my life).

Oh, how I miss THAT passion. Our players now might be twice as talented but they have less than half of that passion. And that passion is the needed ingredient to win trophies.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:03 pm

AvatarX wrote:I kind of understand this "patriotism" fear (I am not that "patriot" either - at least in the bad way) BUT ...

I recently saw a replay of WC 1990 Final and EVERYBODY were singing with passion and afterwards they went out there and won the trophy (one of the happiest days of my life).

Oh, how I miss THAT passion. Our players now might be twice as talented but they have less than half of that passion. And that passion is the needed ingredient to win trophies.

Off-topic but who are you supporting in this WC? (I know you had told us two years ago but I forgot).
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team