You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
28%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
44%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
22%

Total votes : 18

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:30 pm

MUTU wrote:For me, players who feel they shouldn't sing the national anthem don't associate themselves enough with Germany to deserve to play for Die Mannschaft. Therefore, either sing or stay at home, no exceptions!

What's worrying is that the number seems to be growing instead of the other way round.
In the British press today they mentioned that Hodgson will ask the players to 'belt' out the anthem.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby envagyokazapad » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:30 pm

kod2600 wrote:Using Lahn as CDM just like Pep in Bayern is plan stupid. I still to this day believe that Pep only used Lahm in the midfield at the beginning of the season due to the many injured players in that position

With the Benders out there's not really a better option, besides Lahm hasn't really played RB for months, which you could tell based on his recent performances in that position.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dgro » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:50 pm

This roster business is frustrating. Never thought Germany would have trouble fielding a starting XI with everyone playing their preferred position. We have DM, LB, RB, and ST problems and that is messed up, man
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:23 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:For me, players who feel they shouldn't sing the national anthem don't associate themselves enough with Germany to deserve to play for Die Mannschaft. Therefore, either sing or stay at home, no exceptions!

What's worrying is that the number seems to be growing instead of the other way round.
In the British press today they mentioned that Hodgson will ask the players to 'belt' out the anthem.

I've found this: although it says ''by fans'' the players do have a part in it... Strange enough Germany is ... watch the video. To give you a hint the German caption is from 2006... The last time when true Germans wore the black & white.
The Italians amaze big time, they sing with true passion & love for their country.
P.S the Russian anthem is simply superb
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:52 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:

I've found this: although it says ''by fans'' the players do have a part in it... Strange enough Germany is ... watch the video. To give you a hint the German caption is from 2006... The last time when true Germans wore the black & white.
The Italians amaze big time, they sing with true passion & love for their country.
P.S the Russian anthem is simply superb

And the strange thing is that Spain do not sing at all....it seems that since 1978 they decided to abandon the last version of the lyrics after the death of General Franco and not to revert to any previous versions.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:36 am

Germany is 4th on the list of how much each team is worth (players total market value) Surprisingly, Germany almost doubles England and Italy's market value and I am under the impression that this never happened before. Italy always had very marketable players, and in recent years England was overpriced but this time a lot of emphasis is put on youth.
Also, the inequality of a World Cup is amazing, Spain or Brazil are worth more than the 12 teams in the bottom combined, a mix that has teams from all Confederations but the most remarkable thing: all participating teams from CONCACAF are on the bottom 8.

Mexico, USA, Honduras and Costa Rica add only 176 million which is less than Chile ranked 15th (middle of the table), or 4 times less than Spain or Brazil.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby moimoi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:33 pm

götze - reus - müller

großk - schw/kh - kroos - lahm

hummels - boateng - merte

neuer
moimoi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:44 pm

Big question mark on Manuel Neuer. Will he be fit for the World Cup?

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby KateL » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:46 pm

He will be ready. They are just taking it careful and being cautious right now. Just my opinion.
KateL
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KateL » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:11 am

Neuer posted a picture on his Facebook about an hour ago and said that everything was going according to plan.
KateL
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:36 am

KateL wrote:Neuer posted a picture on his Facebook about an hour ago and said that everything was going according to plan.

Question is what the plan is :) Is it to be ready in time for the World Cup or for the start of next season?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby KateL » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:46 am

MUTU wrote:
KateL wrote:Neuer posted a picture on his Facebook about an hour ago and said that everything was going according to plan.

Question is what the plan is :) Is it to be ready in time for the World Cup or for the start of next season?

I assume for the World Cup or he wouldn't have been names for the roster for the World Cup.
KateL
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:59 am

He will mostly be in the World Cup... the problem is that he won't probably be getting any playing time before it, and that could be a problem.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:48 am

The U19 are doing well in Elite group...
some hope after the U17 flop in Malta were the German boys only managed a point in a group comprising of Portugal,Scotland & Switzerland [source]

http://www.uefa.com/under19/season=2014 ... index.html
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:40 am

MUTU wrote:

Spiegel wrote:"We have agreed that Manuel will not deny the game tomorrow., We want to avoid anything that might pose a risk. But Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfarth has assured me that he will be fit for our first World Cup match against Portugal. soon as we are in Brazil, he will be able to return to training, "said Loew.

KateL wrote:I assume for the World Cup or he wouldn't have been names for the roster for the World Cup.

You can switch a player that is injured up to the day prior to your first match at the WC. I am not sure wether the replacement has to be the invitee as in the 23 + 1 team roster though. But yes, doing so for a keeper makes little sense tbh.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team