You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
45%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 11

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Element » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:14 am

KAHN wrote:Sack Löw get someone better and defeat Spain and everyone else! Germany have the players but not the coach!

!!!!!!!!!!!!1
LOEW IS AMAZING

Have nothing else to say
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:17 am

Wouldn't mind having Low at FCB... would not mind that at all...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:27 am

I am a Loew fan too. TBH I really liked the football we played during 2010 very much - even more than FCB's during LVG's.

It's was very clever football and something really new, with speed, great counter attacks and through passes and possession at times - without trying to copycat Barca.

We lost against Spain with a lucky header from Puyol (1.78m !). OK, Spain totally had a useless possession during the game, but we lacked the sparkle named Muller during that game. I'm pretty sure that we can take them during Euro 2012.

BTW it's not a bad thing that Loew tries some things. He is a clever man and I have faith in him that he can decide what's best for the team. And yes, I wouldn't mind having him at FCB at all, but I like him to stay at NT for some more years. Also it seems that Der Kaiser has some issues with him and his decisions (at least that is what media say).
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Conquistador » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:31 am

I think it's weird that we lost to Spain in the same manner at EURO 2008. Same possession problem. Loew's tactics work against all opponents, besides Spain...
Conquistador
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:50 am

For me, the octopus defeated Germany against Spain. There was so much fuss about it, and some of the players are very superstitious (they were even asking Loew to keep wearing the same clothes!!!). When they saw that the octopus picked Spain, they lost all form of confidence, and this was so clear to see on the pitch. They weren't the same team. And it wasn't because of Mueller... the players looked terrified from start to finish.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Conquistador » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:22 am

^Then how do you explain EURO 2008? The players were also scared to play. It isn't the octopus.
Conquistador
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:37 am

Conquistador wrote:^Then how do you explain EURO 2008? The players were also scared to play. It isn't the octopus.

I think the quality of the German NT during Euro 2008 was much less than at World Cup 2010. Germany rode their luck at times during Euro 2008, eg against Turkey. In contrast, during World Cup 2010, Germany were a dominant force thrashing whoever came their way.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:25 am

Like I said Before

The Football that Loew introduced in World cup 2010 was not only Great , It was something New , A Revolution

Even the BIG and experienced Nations did not know what to do

Vs England ,When you see A Free kick for England close to Germanys Goals, you directly think that it is going to be Dangerous and England might score

England play the Free kick , few seconds later , Germany scores !!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 am

Using the octopus as a metaphor for public perception, I agree with Mutu. The game against Spain was the first game in the WC where Germany were considered the slight favorites (as all the bandwagoning douchlenozzles who supported England and Argentina started talking about how awesome Germany was). This young of a squad can't handle it, though if I had to pick one of the young players who could've handled a lot of pressure, it'd be Müller.

What Germany needs is either Lahm or Schweinsteiger growing some biceps. To beat everyone into playing properly. Teamgeist is fun and all but as a witness of Kahn in 2002, I know how important one determined player can be.

As for Löw... I am starting to have my doubts about him. He has built his team up so nicely, but it looks like he doesn't know what to do with it now. Instead of acknowledging the game against Spain as a game that Germany could've won, but didn't due to many small, niggling things, he is awestruck by a completely beatable tactical system. Germany lost 1-0 to a header in late game with Trochowski of all people on the pitch! That is not dominance.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:58 am

tflags wrote:Wouldn't mind having Low at FCB... would not mind that at all...

I sincerely believe that if Loew ever came to FCB, he would become a coaching legend here and be very successful. I believe he is one of the best coaches today, but it is hard to prove that unless he moves to a bigger club. He failed at Karlsruher, but other than that he's always been successful, and I think that he is much smarter now than he was back in 2008.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
tflags wrote:Wouldn't mind having Low at FCB... would not mind that at all...

I sincerely believe that if Loew ever came to FCB, he would become a coaching legend here and be very successful. I believe he is one of the best coaches today, but it is hard to prove that unless he moves to a bigger club. He failed at Karlsruher, but other than that he's always been successful, and I think that he is much smarter now than he was back in 2008.

We'll see about that. Not every national coach can be successful as a club coach, too. In clubs you need to work every day and prepare the team for 2-3 games on the week, what is not case in national teams. I guess that Löw didn't lead any club since 2003. I can't even remember his last club station in coach career and club football has changed a lot since 2003. :|

Therefore, it would be very interesting to see him how he would handle such a pressure to work in München.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Yeah, no one can say for sure how it will turn out, but I think that Loew is very smart and believe he will be very successful at club level too.

It helps that the German and Bayern's core of the team is pretty much the same.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yeah, no one can say for sure how it will turn out, but I think that Loew is very smart and believe he will be very successful at club level too.

It helps that the German and Bayern's core of the team is pretty much the same.

Löw possesses very good tactical knowledge which is an very important and primary base to work at Bayern. He knows how to approach to young and talented players like Özil, Müller, Kroos what is excellent for our team, especially for some new club incomes who can't quickly suit to Bayern or they aren't able to handle the pressure. The most important thing, his mentality is victorious. 8)

From this currently distance when we look at him and his results with Elf, he would fit to Bayern such as rain to the dry rye fields. :mrgreen: :lol:

But then Hoeneß and co. must have a lot of patience with Löw's plans and system even if he don't bring us any of trophies in first 2 seasons. In that case, Kahn's vision and ideas would be reallity at München. Young coach, lot of patience, but long solution for entire club and dominance after successfully installed Löw's work methods. :wink:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby walter » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm a big fan of Loew too, but you guys gotta admit that attitude wise he is changing. He used to be a calming presence on the sidelines during the games, lately he mostly seems frustrated, yelling and seemingly reprimanding players. At some point that attitude will get on the players nerves and they are gonna stop performing.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Element » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:26 pm

OH GOD NO , PLEASE NO

Loew said about Gomez and Klose " Both are The Best Striker in Germany , after Both i do not see any alternative ,And it is a thought of me in the future that I play with both Miro and Mario, and to give them a chance to play Together in another system , Both are ready for that "

However About Phillipp Lahm

"I am going to talk to Jupp Heynckes and in what position is planning to Play Lahm in , and and it is possible that I Adapt his Decision "
===

If Both things Happen

The Winners Are : Gomez and Beck

The Losers :Schmelzer and Podolski
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team