You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
45%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 11

Re: General German national team thread

Postby theundead » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:11 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Surprise! Loew takes out Schmelzer, Mustafi and Volland off the list! Germany now have only one pure striker in the team, Klose who will turn 36 by the time the tournament starts. [source]

Does this mean that Lahm will be back to LB? Who is the other LB besides Drum?

Howedes can play LB and CB
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby MatZam » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:12 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Surprise! Loew takes out Schmelzer, Mustafi and Volland off the list! Germany now have only one pure striker in the team, Klose who will turn 36 by the time the tournament starts. [source]

Does this mean that Lahm will be back to LB? Who is the other LB besides Drum?

Boateng can play left back...
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:15 am

So Loew takes BVB's 2nd choice LB for his first XI and leaves BVB's 1st choice LB at home.

Then he takes 3x the amount of goalkeepers as strikers in his team. ](*,)

At this point I'm unsure whether they can make it out of the group stages.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MatZam » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:17 am

MUTU wrote:So Loew takes BVB's 2nd choice LB for his first XI and leaves BVB's 1st choice LB at home.

Then he takes 3x the amount of goalkeepers as strikers in his team. ](*,)

At this point I'm unsure whether they can make it out of the group stages.

Wasn't Schmelzer injured though? And he has to take three keepers unfortunately, its in the rules :( .
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:27 am

MatZam wrote:he has to take three keepers unfortunately, its in the rules :(

It is, but it's not in the rules that he can only take one striker. Heck, even park-the-bus Italy have taken 4 players who are pure strikers or second-strikers: Balotelli, Cassano, Cerci and Immobile.

Germany have Klose who has been injured a lot this season and managed only 7 goals in the Serie A this season, and who will turn 36 years old in exactly a week from today.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:50 am

Loew is a pure jackass, yes I said it. And please quote this and remember it if we ever won the World Cup. I'd be happy anyway.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby MatZam » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:41 pm

MUTU wrote:
MatZam wrote:he has to take three keepers unfortunately, its in the rules :(

It is, but it's not in the rules that he can only take one striker. Heck, even park-the-bus Italy have taken 4 players who are pure strikers or second-strikers: Balotelli, Cassano, Cerci and Immobile.

Germany have Klose who has been injured a lot this season and managed only 7 goals in the Serie A this season, and who will turn 36 years old in exactly a week from today.

Yes I know, and I agree with you. Playing Goetze as false nine is madness, if the opposition have one tall centre back (and practically every team does) that means crossing is completely futile, and dribbling through the middle is the only option left (since long shots are apparently anathema to Loew). Gomez is injured and Kiessling has a feud with Loew (or vice versa)... Germany just isn't producing great young strikers any more, the last great striker we had apart from Klose was Klinsmann, and that was 20 years ago...

He could have at least taken Volland or Lasogga to give them experience. At this point the only alternative to Klose (who IMO is still good despite his age) is Podolski. He's not brilliant, but he has a good long range shot and his shots/goals ratio isn't at all bad. If we're really desperate chuck Muller, Schuerrle or Reus in that position.

My only consolation at this point is that Klose has always stepped up for the national team, and if he manages to avoid injury he is an excellent goal threat.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:52 pm

One Nation, One Team, One Dream...One Striker
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:11 pm

MUTU wrote:So Loew takes BVB's 2nd choice LB for his first XI and leaves BVB's 1st choice LB at home.

I disagree on this. From what I've seen of Durm he is very talented. I prefer him over Schmelzer, who has never convinced for Germany. I think Borusse had said something similar as well.

Dropping Volland though... :roll: I'm expecting Gotze to start as false nine.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

I disagree on this. From what I've seen of Durm he is very talented. I prefer him over Schmelzer, who has never convinced for Germany. I think Borusse had said something similar as well.

Dropping Volland though... :roll: I'm expecting Gotze to start as false nine.

But that is an opinion which is not popular with Klopp who has seen both more. I have no opinion about who is the better but what I have an opinion about is that they are not far apart. One is starting and the other is going to watch on TV...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:18 pm

My lineup:

What I expect:

If you ask me, it is obvious that I have the better lineup. :wink:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Loew is the worst coach ever. If Germany wins WC it will be despite of him, and not because of him.
The idea that he could work for Bayern one day, scares the hell out of me
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby kod2600 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Using Lahn as CDM just like Pep in Bayern is plan stupid. I still to this day believe that Pep only used Lahm in the midfield at the beginning of the season due to the many injured players in that position, but then maybe he later thought he could count on him more there (and Rafinha as RB). Anyway, we all saw that he's more effective in RB.
Loew unlike Pep at the beginning of the season, has many options in his hands that he just refuses to see, and NO DON'T use Boateng anywhere unless it's CB.
Just please, use Lahm as RB...not LB or CM/CDM...please -_-
My blood is RED
My team is RED

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:38 pm

I know that this subject comes up occasionally but it never stops bothering me when I see those players not only silent during the national anthem but looking uninterested. I think that this is that missing extra thing which binds teams to make the difference from falling just short as we have now become used to or make it all the way.

Yesterday I was watching a reply of the DFB Cup Final and saw Guardiola clearly singing the German anthem, something which I had not noticed previously. I think that this removes any excuse from those attention seekers who insist in not singing the anthem. Pep sung it just for respect and not because he has German ethnicity or something. So these guys who in some way or another are considered German enough to play for the national team have the duty to sing the anthem together as a team.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:01 pm

For me, players who feel they shouldn't sing the national anthem don't associate themselves enough with Germany to deserve to play for Die Mannschaft. Therefore, either sing or stay at home, no exceptions!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team