You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
45%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 11

Re: General German national team thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 09, 2014 1:25 pm

MUTU wrote:^ the teams you mentioned have pure strikers who this season have scored more goals than Klose+Volland combined.

It's true those teams don't strictly rely on their striker, but at least their striker is also scoring his share. Volland has played 66 Bundesliga matches so far in his career, and scored 16 goals in total. This is not a good rate. Klose scored 7 goals this season, in 23 matches. Nothing to call home about either.

Germany have a major problem in attack.

What choice is there though? In my opinion the goals they scored this season has no bearing on how many they score in the tournament (we all know how good Klose is for the NT), but it's not like Loew had much choice. By your reasoning we'd be in trouble even if Gomez was called, who scored only 4 this season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri May 09, 2014 1:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:^ the teams you mentioned have pure strikers who this season have scored more goals than Klose+Volland combined.

It's true those teams don't strictly rely on their striker, but at least their striker is also scoring his share. Volland has played 66 Bundesliga matches so far in his career, and scored 16 goals in total. This is not a good rate. Klose scored 7 goals this season, in 23 matches. Nothing to call home about either.

Germany have a major problem in attack.

What choice is there though? In my opinion the goals they scored this season has no bearing on how many they score in the tournament (we all know how good Klose is for the NT), but it's not like Loew had much choice. By your reasoning we'd be in trouble even if Gomez was called, who scored only 4 this season.

There's not much of a choice, admittedly. But I hoped to see at least one more striker in. Problem is that Gomez is injured, Kiessling is injured and Lassoga is injured. But what about Max Kruse who at least has some experience playing for the NT? He scored 12 goals this season in the Bundesliga and had 11 assists.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri May 09, 2014 1:46 pm

MUTU wrote:Problem is that Gomez is injured, Kiessling is injured and Lassoga is injured.

Is it me or is only one of those guys the one with the real chances of being called up if fit?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Fri May 09, 2014 1:49 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:Problem is that Gomez is injured, Kiessling is injured and Lassoga is injured.

Is it me or is only one of those guys the one with the real chances of being called up if fit?

I think at this point if either of them was fit they'd have been ahead of Volland in the pecking order.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri May 09, 2014 1:52 pm

BTW I've read that Ancelotti still has faith in Khedira for this season and he could use him in the CL final now that Xabi Alonso is suspended. Khedira will mostly play this weekend against Celta and we'll see how fit is he.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Fri May 09, 2014 1:53 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:

I think at this point if either of them was fit they'd have been ahead of Volland in the pecking order.

Surely not Kießling, not even when Klose was injured. But Volland is the wrong suggestion; either Müller, Rüs or Götze (if not Özil) have a better chance of getting the spot imhlesto.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 09, 2014 3:21 pm

Well there are Muller and Gotze as backups and perhaps Loew is even willing to use Podolski or Schurrle.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri May 09, 2014 3:27 pm

tflags wrote:Surely not Kießling, not even when Klose was injured.

Loew explained back then that the reason he did not call him up is not to give him fake hopes as he's old anyway and he'd be unlikely to play at the World Cup. But with so many injuries, I suspect he'd have been able to make it.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed May 14, 2014 8:38 am

After the Squad announcement , Max Kruse was Surprised that he was not included and said in an interview that the DFB actually have given him an appointment on tuesday(which was yesterday) to take photos for the World Cup , and another appointment on Thursday for the physical test

Now reports claim that the reason is not related to football , the reason is a woman !!!

In November 2013 in the match vs england , Kruse invited a woman to his Room in the Team Hotel "Corinthia" !!! later on a member of the Team administration knocked on Kruse's Door and asked her to leave the hotel immediately

Kruse said "I cannot confirm it this way , especially its relation to me not being nominated"

Coach Joachim Loew Refused to comment !!

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/max-k ... .bild.html
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Wed May 14, 2014 8:51 am

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed May 14, 2014 8:58 am

Element wrote:Kruse said "I cannot confirm it this way , especially its relation to me not being nominated"

He couldn't confirm it, but he didn't deny it. It also explains why he was left out of the friendly yesterday despite so many players being missing.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed May 14, 2014 9:09 am

MUTU wrote:He couldn't confirm it, but he didn't deny it. It also explains why he was left out of the friendly yesterday despite so many players being missing

Exactly
I mean i expected him to flip out after being confronted with that , but instead he doesnt even give a Real Denial Statement !
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:12 am

Element wrote:After the Squad announcement , Max Kruse was Surprised that he was not included and said in an interview that the DFB actually have given him an appointment on tuesday(which was yesterday) to take photos for the World Cup , and another appointment on Thursday for the physical test

Now reports claim that the reason is not related to football , the reason is a woman !!!

In November 2013 in the match vs england , Kruse invited a woman to his Room in the Team Hotel "Corinthia" !!! later on a member of the Team administration knocked on Kruse's Door and asked her to leave the hotel immediately

Kruse said "I cannot confirm it this way , especially its relation to me not being nominated"

JLo hates women
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed May 14, 2014 9:33 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Element wrote:After the Squad announcement , Max Kruse was Surprised that he was not included and said in an interview that the DFB actually have given him an appointment on tuesday(which was yesterday) to take photos for the World Cup , and another appointment on Thursday for the physical test

JLo hates women

Probably.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed May 14, 2014 9:40 am

I have a question: who would you say is the last pure-blood German striker who was born in Germany and spent his whole career (at least until he retired from international football) playing in the Bundesliga (i.e. only learned his football from Germany) and who was, in his time, considered a top striker? I went back to the late 80s and off the top of my head cannot find one.

I have a feeling that the answer is going to be Gerd Mueller...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team