You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
24%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
47%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
24%

Total votes : 17

Re: General German national team thread

Postby MUTU » Fri May 09, 2014 7:44 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Fri May 09, 2014 7:48 am

My team would be
Last edited by MUTU on Fri May 09, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed to use formation tag.
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:51 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 09, 2014 9:33 am

Klose, Gotze, Grosskreutz, Ozil would also play important roles.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Fri May 09, 2014 10:15 am

Frankly, Schurrle hasn't done shit this season to deserve a spot in starting XI.
I'd rather put Mueller up there with Gotze on RW and Reus at LW.
Kroos would be my CAM.

Also, I would give Reus/Gotze/Mueller complete freedom to keep switching places at CF position.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Fri May 09, 2014 10:19 am

Actually, with this selection, I'm wondering whether Germany will even make it out of the groups.

The strikers in the preliminary selection (which still needs to have 7 players reduced) have scored a combined total of 17 goals this season. I'm sure the rest of the competition is shitting in their pants. :|
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby babu » Fri May 09, 2014 10:44 am

----------------- Neuer-------------------

Lahm - Boateng - Hummels - Durm

----------L.Bender - Bastian------------

------Muller - Gotze/Ozil - Reus--------

--------Gotze/Volland(Schurrle)---------
babu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MatZam » Fri May 09, 2014 10:52 am

MUTU wrote:Actually, with this selection, I'm wondering whether Germany will even make it out of the groups.

The strikers in the preliminary selection (which still needs to have 7 players reduced) have scored a combined total of 17 goals this season. I'm sure the rest of the competition is shitting in their pants. :|

The amount of goals strikers scored during qualifying was also small, the top scorer being Oezil and most of our goals coming from midfield. Most modern teams don't rely to heavily on strikers for goals, it creates much more pressure on the striker and if he is injured team confidence can plummet.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri May 09, 2014 10:59 am

MatZam wrote:Most modern teams don't rely to heavily on strikers for goals

Which ones exactly? The ONLY team that has ever won anything worth naming whilst playing false 9 are Barcelona, and even them for the most part weren't playing with false 9.

A strikerless formation requires a very good understanding between players. While it's already tricky for club teams, it's far more challenging for national teams which are generally more lacking in team chemistry.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Valkress » Fri May 09, 2014 11:21 am

MUTU wrote:
MatZam wrote:Most modern teams don't rely to heavily on strikers for goals

Which ones exactly? The ONLY team that has ever won anything worth naming whilst playing false 9 are Barcelona, and even them for the most part weren't playing with false 9.

A strikerless formation requires a very good understanding between players. While it's already tricky for club teams, it's far more challenging for national teams which are generally more lacking in team chemistry.

He's not saying that modern teams play without strikers but that they don't rely that much on them to score goals. So to your question "which ones?" I'd say : Bayern (Mandzu has scored goals this season and the previous one but we score almost as much with other players), Real (well for them it's different, their main striker being deported on the left), Juve
Valkress
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Belgium

Postby MUTU » Fri May 09, 2014 11:28 am

^ the teams you mentioned have pure strikers who this season have scored more goals than Klose+Volland combined.

It's true those teams don't strictly rely on their striker, but at least their striker is also scoring his share. Volland has played 66 Bundesliga matches so far in his career, and scored 16 goals in total. This is not a good rate. Klose scored 7 goals this season, in 23 matches. Nothing to call home about either.

Germany have a major problem in attack.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri May 09, 2014 11:34 am

- I'd like to see Durm getting playing time as LB before the World Cup. If he does a good job then he could be the starter for the NT. Schmelzer has always underperformed in that position and he's just recovered from injury

- Boateng-Hummels combo looks solid to me.

- Lahm is a MUST in the right back. He could play a good role also in midfield, but Germany lacks wingbacks and Lahm plays world class there.

- A defensive minded guy is needed to partner Schweini. I'd go with Lars Bender because he seems the most in form guy right now.

- The three line behind the striker can have too many variations. I'd go with Özil as CAM because he has played there in the last 4 years with the NT and because he is fresh after being out with an injury. Reus is the most in form player in Germany at the moment and Götze would play on the right where he produced his best football in the past with Dortmund.

- Müller as the striker / false 9

- Schürrle with the super sub role to kill the other team in counter attacks.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Valkress » Fri May 09, 2014 11:35 am

Yeah I know that, I just say that those teams don't rely that much on the strikers. But for Klose and Volland you are a little unfair, I think. Concerning Klose, two points : 1/he's been injured a long time so less games to score goals, 2/he's always better for the NT. As for Volland, he has played on the wing for most of the season so it's logic that he didn't score that much goals.
I do think that Gomez will be missed (or another player of his style) but with Müller, Reus, Schurrle, Klose, Volland, Özil and Götze, the goals can still come from everywhere in the front line.

as for making out of the group stage, the front line should be weel enough for the USA and Ghana. Portugal will be trickier but I'm not sure that a pure striker would be the best solution against such a team anyway.
Valkress
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Belgium

Postby MUTU » Fri May 09, 2014 11:49 am

Valkress wrote:Concerning Klose, two points : 1/he's been injured a long time so less games to score goals, 2/he's always better for the NT.

I'm afraid his injuries are also related to old age. In exactly a month's time, he will celebrate his 36th birthday. Germany can't rely on history pointing that he plays better for Germany. There needs to be a decent plan B (for all you know Klose could get injured during the tournament), and well, Volland doesn't strike me as a good plan B. In fact, probably if Klose's injured we might actually see Podolski playing in that role ahead of Volland.

Valkress wrote:As for Volland, he has played on the wing for most of the season so it's logic that he didn't score that much goals.

Even less reason to play him as a pure striker for Germany.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Fri May 09, 2014 12:30 pm

Arsenal played with Podolski in the middle with indifferent results. Müller or even Götze up front could be an option too but I don't think I've seen Löw try Müller there. I've seen Özil up front for the NT though...
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team