You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
10%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
20%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
50%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Der Bomber » Thu May 08, 2014 3:19 pm

Seeing a liability like Khedira there even after a long term injury while an asset like Gomez is left out when he's actually back from injury makes me quite unhappy. I will never say it enough, I think thay Khedira has no business ahead of Lars Bender in the starting 11.. ANY Bender for that matter! He runs like a headless chicken, leaves Schweinsteiger to defend while Bastian should be the one supporting the attack & actually going in the box & his utter lack of judgement or his arrogance leaves the middle exposed to counters. Löw has been at the helm of the NT way too long imo.

Löw has put a bunch of players with low defensive workrate mixed with Khedira as DM who comes up way too much to end with Mertesacker at CB who just can't really defend outside of his box since he is slower than a sloth! I hate to be pessimistic but Löw never gave me a reason to be anything else..
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby tflags » Thu May 08, 2014 3:27 pm

walter wrote: no Mario Gomez, only reall striker is Klose.

BTW, the forum will be closed during the season break for remodeling, from June 12 till July 13th.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 08, 2014 3:35 pm

I would take these:
1. Neuer
2. Zieler
3. Weidenfeller

4. Boateng
5. Hummels
6. Howedes
7. Mertesacker
8. Lahm
9. Schmelzer
10. Grosskreutz
11. Durm

12. Bender
13. Schweinsteiger
14. Kroos
15. Reus
16. Muller
17. Gotze
18. Ozil
19. Podolski
20. Schurrle
21. Draxler

22. Klose
23. Volland
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu May 08, 2014 3:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:22. Klose
23. Volland

Lasogga shoulda been there. Still injured?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Droptech » Thu May 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Yeah I just can't see them going into a major tournament with just one striker. Especially a 36 year old one. I love Miro and I hope he gets his record but he should not be starting for this team. He should only see the filed as a sub. Apart from the lack of a clear proven striker he is only on this team to provide leadership and stability.
Droptech
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Albania

Postby walter » Thu May 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Der Bomber wrote:Seeing a liability like Khedira there even after a long term injury while an asset like Gomez is left out when he's actually back from injury makes me quite unhappy.

I think Gomez told Loew he was still in pain and was not gonna be able to play. He didn't even make the bench in the last Fiorentina game a couple days ago. Khedira on the other hand has been training and has made match squad already.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Jorge » Thu May 08, 2014 5:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Most likely the 7 staying in Germany: Zieler, Durm, Mustafi, Goretzka, Hahn, Meyer and Volland. Some talent among these but not experienced enough to displace the rest. Although, there is always a last minute injury and coaches always surprise with one last minute inclusion-exclusion. Khedira most likely will not see the field in the group stage, maybe only as a sub later in some games but if gets into some rhythm he might be ready for the KO stage.

Zieler cannot be left out , you need 3 gks

What happened to Gundogan? Has he started training?

Sorry, my post does not make sense since it was based on the list published by DFB earlier today. I also messed it up thinking that there were 4 GK's. It should have been nice to have 4 with so many currently at the same level for 3rd option while adding more midfielders to the pool is useless.

Ginter, Durm, Mustafi, Goretzka, Hahn, Meyer and Volland.

True that Volland had an impressive season and is very talented, even more he's been good at international level with Germany U-21 but I do not think he is at a level near what Germany needs in the front line and Low will play Schurrle, Gotze, Muller or even Reus up front if Klose is not available so I doubt a spot in the attacking area will be filled at the expense of one less defensive midfielder and considering that Khedira is a question mark if he is in the 23 men roster more emphasis will be put in that area, either an extra DM or another full back in case Lahm is moved to midfield.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby AvatarX » Thu May 08, 2014 8:49 pm

tflags wrote:
walter wrote: no Mario Gomez, only reall striker is Klose.

BTW, the forum will be closed during the season break for remodeling, from June 12 till July 13th.

All forum members are obligated to wear black clothes during this period.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Thu May 08, 2014 8:54 pm

Well will Gomez and Klose's injuries this year I was expecting something like this.

I just hope a false nine system with Muller/ Goetze/ Schuerle/ Reus upfront will work out. I don't expect to see Klose as main striker - probably as sub.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Der Bomber » Thu May 08, 2014 10:39 pm

walter wrote:
Der Bomber wrote:Seeing a liability like Khedira there even after a long term injury while an asset like Gomez is left out when he's actually back from injury makes me quite unhappy.

I think Gomez told Loew he was still in pain and was not gonna be able to play. He didn't even make the bench in the last Fiorentina game a couple days ago. Khedira on the other hand has been training and has made match squad already.

Ok i wasn't aware about Gomez's situation. Regardless, I am still not happy at all to see Khedira be selected, I think that he does more harm than good for the team by doing things he should not even be doing, not allowing Schweinsteiger to do what he does best which is boss the midfield & come up to support the attack. Any pf the Benders would do a better job imo or anyone more defensive minded like Javi is for Bayern.
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby tflags » Thu May 08, 2014 11:15 pm

Honigstein wrote:Großkreutz, who is Dortmund through and through, can come across as a bit of an irritant. There are whispered fears that the delicate social balance between the Bayern Munich bloc (seven players) and those from BVB (a minimum of four) might be upset by his inclusion.

I am NOT rooting for Großkreutz you hear me! NO!!
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu May 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Grosskreutz can play anywhere. He is not brilliant in any position but he is at least decent as RB, LB and LM. He even played as GK with Dortmund ! :shock:

A guy who can cover so many positions is really useful for every team, even if that guy is Grosskreutz :twisted:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Fri May 09, 2014 12:52 am

You do realize there's only one possible thanks for that comment in this forum don't you?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:58 am

Germany needs players like Gross - Grosskreutz with b*** like they used to have till the start of this millennium. I think there are enough ballerinas in the team. You cannot win tournaments with young(inexperienced) technically gifted players. A team in order to be successful in such major tournaments needs men to fight for every inch. Remember Italy 2006? Do you all remember who the stars were in that team - No Totti or DelPiero, neither Toni, Gilardino or De Rossi but Gattuso, Materazzi, Cannavaro, Grosso and Buffon - the defense and merciless men.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SouthernStar » Fri May 09, 2014 5:38 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2014/may/08/joachim-low-mario-gomez-germany-world-cup-squad-video

Joachim Löw: why I left Mario Gomez out of Germany's World Cup squad – video

He wants new blood and energetic youngsters... Why is Klose in there? (no offense to Miro, but that's a little contradictory. JLo could instead have emphasized more on the fact that Gomez is injured... which again contradicts Khedira's inclusion). JLo learn to give a better excuse please, we certainly don't buy that.

I don't think these "new blood" will have a repeat of the fantastic tournament in 2010. I'm feeling really pessimistic about the chances for this WC...
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team