You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
45%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 11

Re: General German national team thread

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:01 pm

Well, 2 things are clear for NT:

1. Playing like Bayern is not working. Bayern depends a lot in sparkling of Robbery when playing possession game, something that is missing from NT. A Dortmund style of play is more suitable.

2. If the plan of Gomez as lone striker fails, we need a plan B, especially against tight defences, either with another striker with a different style, having 2 strikers, or with changing the type of play, with wingers cutting more inside and helping him. We should implement a similar plan B with Bayern too in order to win Dortmund/Chelsea type of teams.

The sad thing is that our NT after some great appearances in WC 2010 and Euro 2012 qualifiers, seemed to have a new, great style of play, but during Euro 2012 games, instead of going forward, we gone backwards :(
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:03 pm

AvatarX wrote:Playing like Bayern is not working

You could hardly say it's working for Bayern either :?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:11 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Sadly yes :(
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Element » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:38 pm

Germany Should Play without wings

Said it Before and am saying it Again

a Christmas Tree (4-3-2-1) or 4-3-1-2 would be Perfect

but please no more useless 4-2-3-1
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:27 pm

I disagree Element.

We played fantastic football with 4-2-3-1 in the Euro qualifiers. Probably the best football in Europe. But Löw changed the team in the Euro and we failed.

Why not keep playing like we did in those qualifiers? It was fast tempo football. I loved it and you can't say it did't worked well.

Everyday I keep thinking of the game against Italy. That team wasn't even similar to that PERFECT MACHINE we saw in the Euro qualifiers. No Müller, No right wing, KROOS slowing our tempo, Lahm totally lost on the left wing, Schweini out of form...

grrrrrrrrrrr
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby The Spyware » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

No to that extent otherwise Loew wouldn't have actually opted for it

I know Bayern ATTACKING plan is very boring and predictable , But hey , Lies behind that a cohesive team specially playing with Three CDMs in Gustavo+Schweini+Kroos

That's why we were by far the better side against Real Madrid (labeled as the best or very closely the second best team in Europe) in both legs and against likes of Man City , Napoli , Marseilli and Chelsea

We are very strong in that aspect and the point isn't neglectable and that's our main strength

BUT , on the other hand The National team has another point pf strength that's not in us at all which the fast,impressive free flowing football and that's our NT main strength

Dortmund nearly has both the cohesion and that free flowing football plus some luck

So what happened is that Loew didn't play to his strength , He tried to make Germany play that strong ,very cohesive style as Bayern did in all critical matches on the behalf of the free flowing football of Germany and the result was a historic fail
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:55 am

The Spyware wrote:That's why we were by far the better side against Real Madrid (labeled as the best or very closely the second best team in Europe) in both legs and against likes of Man City , Napoli , Marseilli and Chelsea

I think that Bayern's system works so far as it allows us to dominate games completely, regardless of who the opposition is. Most of the games we lost in the past 3 seasons where usually our fault, either because of individual mistakes by the defense or missed chances by the attackers.

The only problem here is that goals aren't being scored consistently. You get times when we struggle to score and others when we score 20 goals in a week. I think that this is part of the system's fault because there was no creativity and almost every attempt on goal was worked in the same way. <-- This is something I noticed with the NT in some games too, especially against Italy.

The Spyware wrote:So what happened is that Loew didn't play to his strength , He tried to make Germany play that strong ,very cohesive style as Bayern did in all critical matches on the behalf of the free flowing football of Germany and the result was a historic fail

=D> =D> =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The only problem here is that goals aren't being scored consistently. You get times when we struggle to score and others when we score 20 goals in a week. I think that this is part of the system's fault because there was no creativity and almost every attempt on goal was worked in the same way.

I think it's because of Bayern & Die Mannschaft's over reliance on a single striker (in Gomez and Klose) who score a lot of goals, and when they aren't scoring, the team struggles.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:05 pm

I think the problem with Germany is the consistency of the lineup. For example, in 2008, it was Lehmann-Lahm-Mertesacker-Metzelder-Friedrich/Hitzelsperger,Frings/Podolski, Ballack, Scweinsteiger/ Klose.
In 2010, it was Neuer, Boateng, Friedrich, Mertesacker, Lahm/ Scweinsteiger, Khedira/ Podolski, Özil, Müller/Klose
In 2012 it was Neuer, Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Boateng/ Scweinsteiger, Khedira/ Podolski, Özil, Müller/ Gomez
In 2014 it will probably be different, maybe an overhauled midfield like in 2010, an overhauled defense like in 2012, or an overhauled attack (with Podolski hopefully staying on the bench)
My point is, if the 2012 version stays together for two more years, and no more youngsters are added, Germany will have a well oiled machine that is frightening both on paper and on the pitch.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby München Minded » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:47 pm

I have to agree -- General Monkey **** Löw seems more inclined for youth and experimentation. He got carried away when he revamped the team into a youthful system -- kind of a cross between Bayern and Dortmund in players and tactics -- and thought that dream would dominate. And it failed, just like I think will happen with Dortmund. It certainly has to be experience sprinkled with youth, so those youthful players can learn. Löw took too much of JK the experimenter, and just went mad scientist experimentation on us with rotation, revamping, youth, etc.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:13 am

Yeah, if he keeps replacing older players with younger ones, the team will never peak.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Word has it that Dutt is going to take over the vacant spot of sporting director of the DFB. He didn't really seem like a people person during his little time at Leverkusen...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:13 pm

quaazi wrote:Word has it that Dutt is going to take over the vacant spot of sporting director of the DFB. He didn't really seem like a people person during his little time at Leverkusen...

Yeah... I'm slightly surprised at this. Spoiled a promising Leverkusen side last season.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:08 pm

lau03143 wrote:
quaazi wrote:Word has it that Dutt is going to take over the vacant spot of sporting director of the DFB. He didn't really seem like a people person during his little time at Leverkusen...

Yeah... I'm slightly surprised at this. Spoiled a promising Leverkusen side last season.

That's what happens when you ban Nutella from the team.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:16 pm

It's now official, by the way.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team