You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
33%

Total votes : 33

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:19 pm

Guys, stop with Gnabry and all the other names in the 9 position. Havertz doesnt work there, Gnabry doesnt, Sane doesnt, Werner doesnt and Muller doesnt. They need to get that number 9 that actually can score. I would even take a 2e liga striker if he scores goals. This false 9 BS didnt work for years now.

Flick isnt going to play a back 3 either, why would he?
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:17 pm

janni Serra?
lukas nmecha?
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:23 pm

Kroos will be calling it a day very soonImage
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:29 am

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:47 am

Top 10 most valuable German center forwards according to Transfermarkt

1- Werner
2- Volland
3- Moukoko
4- Nmecha
5- Adeyemi
6- M. Berisha
7- Burkardt
8- Krüger
9- Eggestein
10- Höler

:?
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Achilles » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:06 pm

That's exactly what I was wondering about during the last days. What the hell is happening with the production of strikers at Germany? The next 5 to 10 years look dreadful regarding this position if Werner doesn't turn to become something good.

Looking their situation and their future of Germany's CF then Klose even at this age looks like Lewandowski.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:40 pm

Lol Muller one of the biggest disappointments just because he missed that chance vs England. Biased German fans..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:48 pm

if it was not for him , they'd be eliminated in the group stages!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:31 pm

We tend to see Müller very kindly… He should habe scored that, but it happens… I agree though, he WAS a disappointment… BUT IMHO he is only partly to blame: if you press a player into a system and position he doesn’t really want to play, that‘s what you get… He had way less impact on the game as he does here…
Not saying he would’ve scored in his accustomed position… Bit I think it’s more likely he would‘ve…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:25 pm

#12 wrote:We tend to see Müller very kindly… He should habe scored that, but it happens… I agree though, he WAS a disappointment… BUT IMHO he is only partly to blame: if you press a player into a system and position he doesn’t really want to play, that‘s what you get… He had way less impact on the game as he does here…
Not saying he would’ve scored in his accustomed position… Bit I think it’s more likely he would‘ve…

Yes, that was the problem of a lot of guys, playing completely out of position and for Muller the big problem besides that is that he doesnt have a Lewa in front of him at Germany, in fact he has literally none in front of him there, because anyone of the German players who plays at the 9 position is just.. air..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:22 am

Löw was forced to play Müller because he's been in superb form in the last couple of seasons

Löw had experimented with this 3-4-3 and he was happy with it. Gnabry, Sane, Werner or even Reus were doing quite well upfront

But there were some major issues in this tournament

1- Reus wasn't there
2- Gnabry and Sane were in poor form
3- Müller needs to play in a completely different set up

So I blame Löw for the tactics and player selection, but I admit he didn't have an easy task considering the lack of a decent #9 and the poor form of other important players
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:44 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Löw was forced to play Müller because he's been in superb form in the last couple of seasons

Löw had experimented with this 3-4-3 and he was happy with it. Gnabry, Sane, Werner or even Reus were doing quite well upfront

1- Reus wasn't there

So I blame Löw for the tactics and player selection, but I admit he didn't have an easy task considering the lack of a decent #9 and the poor form of other important players

My issue is that there are other options to utilize a front 3 without a real striker that doesn’t put other players on the bench or out of position. Kimmich was utterly wasted playing as a fixed winger. I would have like to see a 4312 with Goretzka Kroos and Kimmich together in midfield. The back 3 obviously wasn’t stabilizing the defense or anything so why not dump a CB and toss an extra midfielder in to help with maintaining control of the center of the pitch.

The rotating front 3 of Kai, Müller and Gnabry or Timo wasnt terrible, you obviously lose the ability to play true wide wingers when you don’t have a real striker so the false 9 and inside forwards that constantly rotate was probably the next best option, but if you are going to play inside like that, why not use an extra body in midfield to help progress passes vertically and break up play? Goretzka and Kimmich would have allowed Kroos the space he needs to actually contribute, he’s not the type of player anymore to play in a doppelsechs.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:48 pm

Well, Kroos is gone for NT, so probably a Kimmich / Goretzka duo under Flick will stabilize our midfield.

Upfront we can use 3 quick players (Werner / Gabry / Sane) or even better try a youngster "9" with 2 of them on the sides.

Muller or Kai could act as CAM.

4 in the back is something that I think Flick will choose.
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:56 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Löw was forced to play Müller because he's been in superb form in the last couple of seasons

1- Reus wasn't there

Well, if you don’t have a number 9, maybe you shouldn’t play a system that revolves around having a great one… Sure, he can’t bake players, but the fact that he was happy with the shitshows he produced since 2016 says it all…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:05 pm

Even Petersen from Freiburg or Kruse from Union Berlin was a better option over anyone who played on the 9 spot this EC for Germany..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team