You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
24%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
47%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
24%

Total votes : 17

Re: General German national team thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu May 24, 2012 10:23 pm

:-$
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Dhuber24 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:03 pm

i think Gomez is in line for some starting time with Klose coming off of this thigh/knee injury. It's now or never for him at an international tournament and i think he'll perform well this time around. In Terms of Midfield Kroos might play second fiddle to Gotze(depending on fitness) but he might get some time at CM/DM. Khedira is a little better than kroos in that holding role so its a tough choice for Low with Kroos have better techique. Defensively i have to say Schmelzer ahead of Boateng since he's voiced his disapproval of playing out wide in the back. Overall i'm sure we're all hoping for a little redemption from the tournament =D>
Mia San Mia
Herr Huber
Dhuber24
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB general » Thu May 24, 2012 11:17 pm

Half a year ago I thought almost everything is well-known with situation on Euro, that Germany, Spain and Holland are on the top and ready for Euro.

Today many questions bothering Löw, from Bayern players, injuries, till form of Klose, Götze, Mertesacker, Podolski...

Yesterday I read Bild and looks like football reporters and some experts are very worried about Elf, how do they spend their time in Italy on preparations for Euro.

Also interest to mention Dortmund's president Watzke who said 2-3 days ago that Dortmund players must be included in Germany 1st eleven instead of some Bayern players, etc.

I don't see brightly sky over german team at this moment, but you never know with Germans. They had been written off before World Cup, but later that young team showed what is capable for.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby frankiecam13 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:16 am

is klose going to be fit for the euros , also who do you think will be germany surprise forward
frankiecam13
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Dhuber24 wrote:Khedira is a little better than kroos in that holding role so its a tough choice for Low with Kroos have better techique.

In my mind there is no doubt that Khedira is a better choice for the team overall, but I also think it's very likely that Loew will opt for Kroos instead.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat May 26, 2012 7:49 am

I made up a new partnership name, one which I'd like to see in the Euro 2012.

Mario Gömze :D
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLove » Sat May 26, 2012 7:51 am

MUTU wrote:I made up a new partnership name, one which I'd like to see in the Euro 2012.

:( Far below Klözil.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Mazen96 » Sat May 26, 2012 7:53 am

MUTU wrote:I made up a new partnership name, one which I'd like to see in the Euro 2012.

In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby BayernLove » Sat May 26, 2012 7:57 am

I can't believe it, someone still likes Gomiss. Even pro German-Spaniard-who-shall-not-be-named hate him after some shocking performances.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby AvatarX » Sat May 26, 2012 8:25 am

Just when I started to like him (Gonez), he let us down in the final... Next time someone propose him please think of what if we had Drogba instead of him in the final....

Anyway maybe I m still sad and keep rethinking Gomez wasting chances...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 26, 2012 9:11 am

I wouldn't mind giving Gomez a chance even though he let us down in the final, because I still see him as a great striker. But Klose is one of my favourite ever players, even before he joined Bayern. I want to see him play because this will probably be the last international tournament in which he will be a starter, maybe even the last international tournament of his career.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat May 26, 2012 10:37 am

Gomez may have missed some sitters, but in the end he had balls to take a very good penalty, unlike Robben, Olic, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Tymoshchuk, Contento, etc.

Klose will not be 100% fit, Podolski isn't great as a lone striker, and Cacau will hopefully watch the matches while on holiday in Brazil :)

Gomez has to, and will play, in Euro 2012.

BayernLove wrote:I can't believe it, someone still likes Gomiss

I still can't believe it, someone forgets that he scored 15 Champions League goals in all (including qualifiers and penalty shootouts). Possibly this is a record.

AvatarX wrote:Next time someone propose him please think of what if we had Drogba instead of him in the final

Drogba was just lucky. He had scored 5 Premier League goals and 5 Champions League goals before he played in the final. Then suddenly he got lucky and scored 1 goal in the Champions League final and we're praying we had him instead of Gomez? If we had Drogba this season we'd probably not have made it past the group stages, and also finished 5th or 6th in the Bundesliga (just as Drogba's Chelsea did).
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mazen96 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:39 am

MUTU wrote:Gomez may have missed some sitters, but in the end he had balls to take a very good penalty, unlike Robben, Olic, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Tymoshchuk, Contento, etc.

True, but he's too inconsistent for a knockout tournament, he's more of a league player. Plus his style doesn't really fit the NT's high pressing, pass and move style. He's great when it comes to finishing and positioning, but when it comes to build up play and combinations he's kinda useless.
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Sat May 26, 2012 10:49 am

Mazen96 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Gomez may have missed some sitters, but in the end he had balls to take a very good penalty, unlike Robben, Olic, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Tymoshchuk, Contento, etc.

True, but he's too inconsistent for a knockout tournament, he's more of a league player. Plus his style doesn't really fit the NT's high pressing, pass and move style. He's great when it comes to finishing and positioning, but when it comes to build up play and combinations he's kinda useless.

He was a consistent goalscorer in the Euro 2012 qualifiers, so the claims that he doesn't fit the style and that he's inconsistent don't match up with the results.

26.03.2011 Germany vs Kazhakstan: the only match in which he didn't score, but he was only subbed in in the 65th minute. Also, this is over a year ago!
03.06.2011 Austria vs Germany: scored 2 goals
07.06.2011 Azerbaijan vs Germany: scored 1 goal, assisted another
07.10.2011 Turkey vs Germany: scored 1 goal
11.10.2011 Germany vs Belgium: scored 1 goal and assisted another in 77 mins played

5 goals and 2 assists from just over a total of 4 matches played. These are Gerd Müller scoring rates ;)

Klose may have had more goals in the qualifiers, but now he's coming back from injury.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Sat May 26, 2012 10:52 am

MUTU wrote:
AvatarX wrote:Next time someone propose him please think of what if we had Drogba instead of him in the final

Drogba was just lucky. He had scored 5 Premier League goals and 5 Champions League goals before he played in the final. Then suddenly he got lucky and scored 1 goal in the Champions League final and we're praying we had him instead of Gomez? If we had Drogba this season we'd probably not have made it past the group stages, and also finished 5th or 6th in the Bundesliga (just as Drogba's Chelsea did).

1 goal in the final and 1 goal in semis while Gomez might scored 755457 goals yet he did not when matters - that is Cl final and vs Dortmund all 3 games.

And tbh I would not mind finish 5th while winning both cup and CL trophy (= cl place next year). Would you?

Please give us a break with Gomez. When mattered he didnt deliver. As simple as that. Bringing thousand pointless stats would only prove how meaningless are stats sometimes.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team