You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
33%

Total votes : 33

Re: General German national team thread

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:08 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Flick will likely implement a high pressing style similar to the one at Bayern.

That means Kroos will 100% be dropped. Kimmich and Goretzka will be the starting CM duo.

But I'm curious to see how is Flick going to solve the striker issue...
Well, we don't have a Lewa type of player for NT, but Flick managed to score 3 times and create almost 40 chances without Lewa against PSG.

It's all about tactics. I have faith that Flick will take the best of out speedy forwards (+Muller and Havertz) to create beautiful football.

EMCM is a proper CF though not that good.

I think they recruited Nmecha from England to ask him "heck, what in the world did you do in England to produce so many CFs?"

*Nmecha: Geez so a nation who produced Gerd, Klinsmann and Miro ask for help from a minnow like me...*

Anyway, they could try promoting Nmecha to explore the possibilities. Include Baku to fix the RB / RWB position.

Let's see what Flick will do, but I refrain from the idea that #FlickIn and all the problems magically disappear like in Disney cartoons.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:01 am

Agreed

We had Choupo Moting who is at least a decent #9 (and former Germany U21 player)
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:38 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Agreed

We had Choupo Moting who is at least a decent #9 (and former Germany U21 player)
So bloody true
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:57 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
aterford wrote:No.

UEFA said in a statement that after reviewing the television replays, it would open "no disciplinary case".

On the other hand I guess they are considering a suspension for Gosens?
For what?[/quote]

Apparently for dangerous play or some shit.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:20 pm

:evil:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:08 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:I would consider this tournament a success if they manage to get ONE draw and score ONE goal. well most likely against Hungary.
and after that let's start from the basics, let's first learn how to score against Liechtenstein. Flick is in luck, he get the chance to start in gear 1, not having to play France or Belgium to start his tenure.
You can bet your ass this team is gonna soar with Flick…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:25 pm

#12 wrote:
FCB12Forever wrote:I would consider this tournament a success if they manage to get ONE draw and score ONE goal. well most likely against Hungary.
and after that let's start from the basics, let's first learn how to score against Liechtenstein. Flick is in luck, he get the chance to start in gear 1, not having to play France or Belgium to start his tenure.

I do not understand why people are so confident. but I sure hope so. let's see what happens in September.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:27 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:
#12 wrote:

I do not understand why people are so confident. but I sure hope so. let's see what happens in September.
Because this team CLEARLY plays below their level…
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:37 pm

good players do not automatically make a good team, and even with great management, they will need time to develop good chemistry.
let us not get ahead of ourselves and expect too much. I don't think things will magically improve.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:55 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:good players do not automatically make a good team, and even with great management, they will need time to develop good chemistry.
let us not get ahead of ourselves and expect too much. I don't think things will magically improve.
They don’t, but 7/11 of these players already worked great under Flick… And another two are in the squad…
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:27 am

FCB12Forever wrote:good players do not automatically make a good team, and even with great management, they will need time to develop good chemistry.

Isn't that what happened the last time that Flick replaced a poor coach? :coffee:

But I agree with that. However I think that the main problem now is that the players don't trust Löw and his tactics anymore. And it's been like this since WC2018.

Löw did an outstanding job with Germany since he replaced Klinsmann, but he should have resigned long time ago.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:12 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:52 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:

Isn't that what happened the last time that Flick replaced a poor coach? :coffee:

But I agree with that. However I think that the main problem now is that the players don't trust Löw and his tactics anymore. And it's been like this since WC2018.

Löw did an outstanding job with Germany since he replaced Klinsmann, but he should have resigned long time ago.

why is it as soon as Flick left the DFB, things went downhill after 2014? Because tbh, imo, its not Low who did the job 2014, but it was actually Flick back then. Low was just the idiot standing there and take the glory.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:13 am

He was named the assistant coach for Germany on 23 August 2006. Although not listed as an officially recognized manager by the DFB, due to the sending off of Joachim Löw in the previous game, Flick was technically the German manager for the UEFA Euro 2008 quarter final against Portugal on 19 June 2008, which ended in a 3–2 win for Germany

I didn't know that !

:)
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:37 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
He was named the assistant coach for Germany on 23 August 2006. Although not listed as an officially recognized manager by the DFB, due to the sending off of Joachim Löw in the previous game, Flick was technically the German manager for the UEFA Euro 2008 quarter final against Portugal on 19 June 2008, which ended in a 3–2 win for Germany

I didn't know that !

:)
Yes now I am remembering... Thanks
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team