You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
33%

Total votes : 33

Re: General German national team thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:11 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:What a circus...

At least the rules should state... Once called (no need to play a single minute) at Senior level or played at U21, ,that is it...

But then you'd have been pissed off that Kevin-Prince Boateng didn't represent the blood of the father because of the rule.

Or Musiala.
You are not being honest.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed May 12, 2021 8:14 am

Technically when you're called up, you still don't count as long as you don't enter the pitch in an offical match. What I was really furious about 7-8 years ago was Diego Costa case.

The traitor played for his homeland 2 matches in the FIFA calendar and he was still eligible to switch sides which wasn't the case in the past.
He was back then fantastic, had a great chance to be a starter for so many years as ST and he said he wanted to play for Spain only because of bigger chances to win titles. :shock: Like Brazil is some garbage, Solomon's Islands or Kenya and not the most successful country ever.
Hans-Dieter Flick - der Beste der Besten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Wed May 12, 2021 10:25 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:What a circus...

At least the rules should state... Once called (no need to play a single minute) at Senior level or played at U21, ,that is it...

But then you'd have been pissed off that Kevin-Prince Boateng didn't represent the blood of the father because of the rule.

Or Musiala.
You are not being honest.

Why so? KP Boateng played for Germany U21 before playing for his 'blood' Ghana. Musiala played for England U21 before playing for his 'blood' Germany.

You thought both Boateng and Musiala did well to change nation despite playing for another U21 club, so why the change of heart now?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:40 am

if you want to ridicule the blood thing...
Boa is mixed race... so he had the right to choose...
Musiala - I was angry at him as he had nothing to do with Eng apart from living there for some years
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed May 12, 2021 2:14 pm

Fredi Bobić has nothing to do with Germany but with Slovenia(born there and his father) and Croatia(mother) except he became Gastarbeiter.

Musiala is the same case as Bobić. More relations he has with Nigeria than England. Germany through place of birth, lived there before moving and German mother.

Boateng has a Ghanian father and German mother. He chose his ID that he associates more with. Never saw anything wrong despite he was born in Germany. The same would have been if he was to choose Germany.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:45 pm

The whole -stupid- bLoOdLiNe shit aside, I want to point something out:

Bierhoff and Löw are a joke, the whole board and presidential positions are vicariously emabarrassing, the legal department is obviously an incompetent pile of shit...

And Flick according to some chose to leave Bayern for a job there that pays half of his old salary and not because of Hasan...

Which would speak against Hasan even more...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri May 14, 2021 1:38 pm

Did Borna Sosa say that he wants to play with Croatia now ??????????????????????????????? :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> :^o :^o :^o [-X [-X [-X :twisted: :evil: :P :oops: :D :x

Fénix wrote:Technically when you're called up, you still don't count as long as you don't enter the pitch in an offical match. What I was really furious about 7-8 years ago was Diego Costa case.

The traitor played for his homeland 2 matches in the FIFA calendar and he was still eligible to switch sides which wasn't the case in the past.
He was back then fantastic, had a great chance to be a starter for so many years as ST and he said he wanted to play for Spain only because of bigger chances to win titles. :shock: Like Brazil is some garbage, Solomon's Islands or Kenya and not the most successful country ever.

Agreed

He decided to play with Spain because Scolari was not going to call him up with Brazil for the World Cup :|
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:05 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Did Borna Sosa say that he wants to play with Croatia now ??????????????????????????????? :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> :^o :^o :^o [-X [-X [-X :twisted: :evil: :P :oops: :D :x

Fénix wrote:Technically when you're called up, you still don't count as long as you don't enter the pitch in an offical match. What I was really furious about 7-8 years ago was Diego Costa case.

Agreed

He decided to play with Spain because Scolari was not going to call him up with Brazil for the World Cup :|

Hahahha so true... 99.9% his international career has ended .. maybe he can buy a Maltese passport for 600 000K and will be eligible to play for Malta instead!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri May 14, 2021 3:23 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Did Borna Sosa say that he wants to play with Croatia now ??????????????????????????????? :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> :^o :^o :^o [-X [-X [-X :twisted: :evil: :P :oops: :D :x

He apologized yesterday to the CFF, national coach, fans and people.
Sosa also returned one photo on Instagram in Croatia shirt, but he definitely isn't going to play in Euro 2020.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Fri May 14, 2021 3:24 pm

No he won't be eligible to play for Malta even if he gets a passport via the IIP scheme because he still would not fulfill FIFA's eligibility requirements.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri May 14, 2021 3:32 pm

He can't play for anyone no more, literally nobody. Neither for Germany nor for BiH nor any other team.

I'm sure he'll play after Euro for Croatia, I can expect that.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Fri May 14, 2021 3:34 pm

Fénix wrote:He can't play for anyone no more, literally nobody. Neither for Germany nor for BiH nor any other team.

I'm sure he'll play after Euro for Croatia, I can expect that.

That too. But even if he could, there's no way we could just hand him a passport and just nominate him.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Fri May 14, 2021 4:26 pm

True. He hasn't lived for 5 years in Malta and that's it. Olmo was set to be eligible.

In handball you can switch national teams the way you mentioned even if you play for years in your own country.

But... You have to take a 2 year break when you receive someone's citizenship and then play for another NT.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Mon May 17, 2021 12:47 pm

Germany are due to play Denmark on 2nd June and Latvia on 6th June. [source]
There aren't official kick-off times set, so I haven't added these matches to our calendar. Once they're fully scheduled, if anyone notices please let me know!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 17, 2021 1:43 pm

Ter Stegen is out
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team