You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
7%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
21%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 28

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Manchu » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:41 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!
For those curious. I would say that the only remotely controversial "decisions" would be the inclusion of Götze(but see below) and the inclusion of Brandt instead of Gnabry. You would obviously need to tweak this to work in an actual game, but it's a good basis for a potentially Euro winning Germany team. And, considering how similar this team is to Bayern, I'm convinced that if Hansi Flick coached the national team, it would be in contention for the best national team in the world.

As for Götze, see this:

The other interesting things for me are that Goalimpact now rates both Kimmich and Goretzka as better than Kroos(which mostly shows how much Goretzka has developed since he arrived), and that Halstenberg is highly rated. I've never very closely watched him play, but GI likes him a lot and I'll endeavor to keep a closer eye on him in the future.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:49 pm

Manchu wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
For those curious. I would say that the only remotely controversial "decisions" would be the inclusion of Götze(but see below) and the inclusion of Brandt instead of Gnabry. You would obviously need to tweak this to work in an actual game, but it's a good basis for a potentially Euro winning Germany team. And, considering how similar this team is to Bayern, I'm convinced that if Hansi Flick coached the national team, it would be in contention for the best national team in the world.

As for Götze, see this:

The other interesting things for me are that Goalimpact now rates both Kimmich and Goretzka as better than Kroos(which mostly shows how much Goretzka has developed since he arrived), and that Halstenberg is highly rated. I've never very closely watched him play, but GI likes him a lot and I'll endeavor to keep a closer eye on him in the future.

Good list but Gnabry/Werner missing there, instead of Brandt/Gotze apperently.
T4L10N
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:15 pm

T4L10N wrote:
Manchu wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

As for Götze, see this:

Good list but Gnabry/Werner missing there, instead of Brandt/Gotze apperently.
Nah you misunderstood - their GI is lower than that of Götze and Brandt
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 pm

#12 wrote:Nah you misunderstood - their GI is lower than that of Götze and Brandt

And when you add Götze and Brandts' GI to Löw's IQ, somehow you manage to have and even worse NT :oops:

Bringing Götze back into the NT, and giving Brandt ( a bench player at his club) a starting position, as a joke works though.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:26 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:29 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to German National Team