You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
33%

Total votes : 33

Re: General German national team thread

Postby longeleven » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:49 am

IsiahRashad wrote:
German national team battles apathy as fans switch off [source]

As I already said a couple of times, I was never such a huge fan of the German national team, but at least I was entertained by the gameplay and the players so I was watching almost all of their games. I think that Löw is outdated, most of the German players are average at best even at their teams, with unattractive style. So I'm not even watching the games anymore.

It's great that young boys are given a chance in the Bundesliga, but how many of them are German and leaders in their teams? Most often these are French, Dutch, Spanish or lately Englishmans who make really good matches for their club teams, while at the same time using them to go to play in England or Spain.

So things are going to get better, but it won't happen in a year or two. The same thing happened with the French team about 15 years ago, and more recently with the Italians, Portuguese, Spaniards and England.
Now it's their turn to shine.

Root problems are from Loew, not quality of players. He refuses to use best players and keep testing with youngster, that is wrong approach when speaking about national football team. It is also DFB's fault too.

NT must be a collection of best players within its country and the coach must find a system to fit that squad.

Looking at Neuer, Kimmich, Goretzka, Gnabry, Sane, Hummels, Mueller, Kroos, I believe those guys are belong to, at least, top 5 of their positions.
Adding 2 or 3 so so players from Bundesliga will not turn them into San Marino's level team.

Bierhoff and Loew always mentioned about "rebuilding" national team when they are interviewed. That is wrong mentality.
You don't rebuild national team.
If your country lacks of young talents, you rebuild whole football system to produce more, to keep talents growing, at academy level and club-term.
To develop youngster, you have Us team. Don't fucking use NT to develop u21 players.
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:41 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!
For those curious. I would say that the only remotely controversial "decisions" would be the inclusion of Götze(but see below) and the inclusion of Brandt instead of Gnabry. You would obviously need to tweak this to work in an actual game, but it's a good basis for a potentially Euro winning Germany team. And, considering how similar this team is to Bayern, I'm convinced that if Hansi Flick coached the national team, it would be in contention for the best national team in the world.

As for Götze, see this:

The other interesting things for me are that Goalimpact now rates both Kimmich and Goretzka as better than Kroos(which mostly shows how much Goretzka has developed since he arrived), and that Halstenberg is highly rated. I've never very closely watched him play, but GI likes him a lot and I'll endeavor to keep a closer eye on him in the future.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby T4L10N » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:49 pm

Manchu wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
For those curious. I would say that the only remotely controversial "decisions" would be the inclusion of Götze(but see below) and the inclusion of Brandt instead of Gnabry. You would obviously need to tweak this to work in an actual game, but it's a good basis for a potentially Euro winning Germany team. And, considering how similar this team is to Bayern, I'm convinced that if Hansi Flick coached the national team, it would be in contention for the best national team in the world.

As for Götze, see this:

The other interesting things for me are that Goalimpact now rates both Kimmich and Goretzka as better than Kroos(which mostly shows how much Goretzka has developed since he arrived), and that Halstenberg is highly rated. I've never very closely watched him play, but GI likes him a lot and I'll endeavor to keep a closer eye on him in the future.

Good list but Gnabry/Werner missing there, instead of Brandt/Gotze apperently.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:15 pm

T4L10N wrote:
Manchu wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

As for Götze, see this:

Good list but Gnabry/Werner missing there, instead of Brandt/Gotze apperently.
Nah you misunderstood - their GI is lower than that of Götze and Brandt
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 pm

#12 wrote:Nah you misunderstood - their GI is lower than that of Götze and Brandt

And when you add Götze and Brandts' GI to Löw's IQ, somehow you manage to have and even worse NT :oops:

Bringing Götze back into the NT, and giving Brandt ( a bench player at his club) a starting position, as a joke works though.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:26 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:29 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby T4L10N » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:39 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Clown

The very best word to describe him. It would have been clever to resign just after the WC 14 and train some clubs here and there (more money, less responsibility from my point of view). He would have been remembered as WC winning coach, but now I even dont know what was his contribution back then.
T4L10N
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:48 pm

T4L10N wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
Clown

The very best word to describe him. It would have been clever to resign just after the WC 14 and train some clubs here and there (more money, less responsibility from my point of view). He would have been remembered as WC winning coach, but now I even dont know what was his contribution back then.
Giving the team a good laugh because of scratching his balls and never changing his shirt?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:19 pm

The nose digger is staying Bundestrainer for the forthcoming Euro 21'. :) Didn't expect any unusual German decisions.

The question still remains open: Is Euro 2021 Löw's farewell?

His contract runs till 2022.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:19 pm

Fénix wrote:The nose digger is staying Bundestrainer for the forthcoming Euro 21'. :) Didn't expect any unusual German decisions.

Probably opening the doors for Klopp after 2022.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:10 pm

Malta 1-1 Germany
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:40 am

ramsej84 wrote:Malta 1-1 Germany

That will be Malta having a bad day though
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:40 am

DFB MANAGEMENT BACKS JOACHIM LÖW’S DIRECTION FOR THE NATIONAL TEAM [source]

I think the National Team is on the right track, just one minor detail: I am not sure about the direction part.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Fénix » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:51 am

IsiahRashad wrote:
Fénix wrote:The nose digger is staying Bundestrainer for the forthcoming Euro 21'. :) Didn't expect any unusual German decisions.

Probably opening the doors for Klopp after 2022.

It's still too early for Klopp, at least to me. 2026 is his year after 10-11 years at Liverpool.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team