You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
19%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 31

Re: General German national team thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:54 am

Ben Gardner wrote:I remember the late 70's, 80's and the beginning of the 90's when players like Manfred Kaltz, Hansi Mueller, Klaus Fischer, Paul Breitner, Toni Schumacher, Hans-Peter Briegel, Pierre Littbarski, Förster Brothers, Horst Rubesch, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Lothar Matthäus, Andreas Brehme, Guido Buchwald, Klaus Augentahler, Klaus Allofs, Rudi Völler, Thomas Berthold, Andy Möller, Jurgen Kohler, Jurgen Klinsmann, Thomas Hässler etc etc roamed the fields. They made such a big impression on me and are the reasons I have such strong feelings for the NT. It makes me so sad to see how the NT team has deteriorated and become a bunch of pushovers.
Your post makes all German nt sympathizers cry...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ben Gardner » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Ben Gardner wrote:I remember the late 70's, 80's and the beginning of the 90's when players like Manfred Kaltz, Hansi Mueller, Klaus Fischer, Paul Breitner, Toni Schumacher, Hans-Peter Briegel, Pierre Littbarski, Förster Brothers, Horst Rubesch, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Lothar Matthäus, Andreas Brehme, Guido Buchwald, Klaus Augentahler, Klaus Allofs, Rudi Völler, Thomas Berthold, Andy Möller, Jurgen Kohler, Jurgen Klinsmann, Thomas Hässler etc etc roamed the fields. They made such a big impression on me and are the reasons I have such strong feelings for the NT. It makes me so sad to see how the NT team has deteriorated and become a bunch of pushovers.
Your post makes all German nt sympathizers cry...

I found myself on the verge of crying reading my own post.
Ben Gardner
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby nm462272 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:05 pm

according to Bild, Löw will stay on as Bundestrainer.

Time to write off the Euros, everyone! :roll:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:22 pm

I am seeing the name of Hansi Flick all over the place
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I am seeing the name of Hansi Flick all over the place

Makes no sense for him, unless he doesn't want to work so hard
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Lukas » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:30 pm

That’s my dilemma. I want Löw out but not so that we lose Flick
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:51 pm

Lukas wrote:That’s my dilemma. I want Löw out but not so that we lose Flick
Why would Flick leave Bayern for the NT? Club's are more prestigious high-status and probably better paid jobs. NTs are for second-rate coaches, former greats nearing retirement and/or brief detours for out-of-favor former solid coaches.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby nm462272 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:57 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Why would Flick leave Bayern for the NT? Club's are more prestigious high-status and probably better paid jobs. NTs are for second-rate coaches, former greats nearing retirement and/or brief detours for out-of-favor former solid coaches.

continuing that thought, Flick's still relatively "green" as a head coach, and considering what he's done so far with Bayern and what he may do (basically coasting through Bundesliga, Pokal, and CL)... if he was to win a second Treble by chance, the guy could literally name his price to be a coach with any team in the world.

For example: apparently Löw makes about 5 million Euros per year. Compare that to top club coaches easily clearing 20 million Euros per year.

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Interesting choice of words from the German captain. Especially the last phrase. Wouldn't it have been quicker for him to say Jogi? But he said something like Nationalmannschafttrainersichheitaufwiedersehen instead.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:10 pm

MUTU wrote:Nationalmannschafttrainersichheitaufwiedersehen

Such a beautiful word. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You probably don't have in elevators Infektionsschutzmaßnahmenverordnung. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Seriously, Neuer and co. can boycott him right away and kick him out of the team and Bierhoff can talk nonsense as much as he wants to along with the rest of the DFB, eventually they'll have to save the team, not the coach.

Everybody is fed up of Jogi, he is no longer hot stuff in football.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Lahmies » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:17 pm

Please. There is NO chance we let him go before his contract ends.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:28 pm

Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby America USA » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:16 pm

Fénix wrote:Believe me, it's not all lost for Germany. It's just so untypical for the DFB to sack his NT coaches in the middle of some campaign or before Euro, but it's completely justified. We in Croatia sacked 3 NT coaches and every time in worse and worse situation went to the tournaments via play-offs.

Unlike Croatian 2012, 2014 and 2016 cases, Germany are qualified for Euros and they haven't played a single WC qualification match, yet. This all brings DFB in a good situation 7-8 months before the tournament to remove Löw and still find a guy who will shake the team all over again and bring the necessary energy and ideas.

It's crystal clear that Flick and Klopp aren't going to be NT coaches anytime soon because you don't leave so early such great and fantastic clubs and you still have 10-15 years of top coaching career in club football.

Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Rose are guys with whom you can try to ask if they are interested. Ralf Rangnick as well. Roger Schmidt is in Eindhoven and he isn't the candidate.
Maybe just to make a phone call Jupp Heynckes and see if some miracle can happen that Jupp says he is out of nowhere attracted to become a Bundestrainer even though it's so clear he isn't going to return.

Anyway, just sack the very lost case already and find one proper guy to take charge. It's not a shame to fire him.
5 Croatian coaches lost their jobs after the one Euro/World Cup campaign, 1 didn't want to continue and only 3 of them managed to stay more than one tournament since 1994.

Germany has had 4 coaches in the mentioned period of 26 years(Vogts, Völler, Klinsmann and Löw).

-----

Manchu wrote:Germany in competitive games against top sides(Netherlands, Spain, France, and Switzerland) since the world cup: 1 win, 4 losses, 5 draws. 13 goals scored, 24 goals conceded in 10 games.

Or, in other words, you're absolutely right. Germany's screwed at the Euros.

-----

Ed. wrote:We'll that's exactly the delusion that is running through the DFB. They think this team has a shot at the Euros :roll: :roll:
While everyone else can clearly see Loew has to be thanked for spectacular past successes but has to let go and the Euros should be an opportunity for someone new to come in a rebuild. There is still plenty of time.

This 6-0 was an abberation but this NT side is quite awful though there is a core nucleus of 5-6 world class players to build around.
Absolutely no chance they are getting out of the group ahead of France and Portgual at the Euros. Is anyone giving odds already.? I'll bet my house on it.

-----

This is the point I've been trying to make since the WC 2018 disaster. With Löw at the helm we know for a fact that the NT is doomed. Yes maybe it is too late for a new coach to come in now and turn this Titanic by 180 degrees and win the Euros next year but with Löw it's a given that Germany won't win and will most likely be humiliated again with a Group stage exit.

With a Szoboszlai led Hungary in the group as well I'm not even confident of a 3rd place finish. Germany with the nose digger have no chance against France and Portugal and if Löw stays (which the DFB wants apparently) then we will probably see Germany hit a new löw next year and finish the Group with Zero Points and maybe even Zero goals!

The environment around the NT has become toxic right now and this just shows why any coach mustn't stay for too long. This Löw saga is the NT equivalent of Wenger at Arsenal. Löw is an egomaniac and like Donald Trump he won't accept that he's not good enough and accept that his time is up. Unfortunately the DFB is also filled with inept scum. Löw should've been fired after Russia 2018 and latest after the first NL relegation.

The only option left is if the Bayern players revolt (supported by Uli/Kalle/Kahn) and just say fück you to the NT and demand that the three players be recalled and Löw sacked immediately. There is still time left to regroup and salvage a decent outing at next year's competition.

Appoint new coach with lower expectations and with the only criteria that they make the team play well and get out of the Group next year. Klopp, Tuchel, Naglesmann are all unlikely to happen.

The most realistic solution now is:
1. Promote Kuntz.
2. Give Flick the job until Euros. Flick works with most of the NT players anyway and would only have to worry about the NT during March mid season. After that it's like a Bonus competition for him during June.
3. Although highly unlikely, the DFB should try to speak with Jupp and request him to take charge until the Euros. With his tutelage I can surely see Germany reach the Semifinals at least next year.

-----

The words "Delusional" and "suffering from Stockholm Syndrome" get thrown around too easily on the internet but with how the DFB has been acting since the 2018 WC those adjectives describe them to a T!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Neuer

Kehrer Sule Hummels Max*
Kimmich Goretzka

Gnabry. Mueller. Sane
Werner

*many options here

Reserve team

Ter Stegen

Klostermann Boateng Ginter Gosens
Kroos. Neuhaus
Brandt Havertz Reus
Waldschmidt
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:57 pm

German national team battles apathy as fans switch off [source]

As I already said a couple of times, I was never such a huge fan of the German national team, but at least I was entertained by the gameplay and the players so I was watching almost all of their games. I think that Löw is outdated, most of the German players are average at best even at their teams, with unattractive style. So I'm not even watching the games anymore.

It's great that young boys are given a chance in the Bundesliga, but how many of them are German and leaders in their teams? Most often these are French, Dutch, Spanish or lately Englishmans who make really good matches for their club teams, while at the same time using them to go to play in England or Spain.

So things are going to get better, but it won't happen in a year or two. The same thing happened with the French team about 15 years ago, and more recently with the Italians, Portuguese, Spaniards and England.
Now it's their turn to shine.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team