You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
24%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
47%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
24%

Total votes : 17

Re: General German national team thread

Postby AvatarX » Sun May 20, 2012 6:56 pm

quaazi wrote:
AvatarX wrote:In your opinion, Loew should have as lone striker Reus, a player who didn't really impress in his appearances in NT, a player who does not play the exact same role in his team and a player who has zero experience in major matches and haven't really being tested.

Aaaaaaand the difference between him now and Müller in 2010 is...?

That Muller was a key player in LVG's plan during Bayern's journey to CL final 2010 and BL title + DFB Cup. Huge difference, don't you think?
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sun May 20, 2012 7:23 pm

And Reus isn't a key player in an odds-defying campaign reaching the Champions League with a team that was in the relegation zone?

Not to mention Reus actually being the star player on his team by a long shot, Müller got more than enough of flak for being "useless" and whatnot.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun May 20, 2012 8:02 pm

That's the kind of thing Löw must try in the next friendlies. Reus, Schürrle or Poldi as Strikers

But even though I love the idea of having Özil + Müller + Götze + Reus together I must admit that Klose does a world class job with German NT.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun May 20, 2012 8:03 pm

BTW I think Reus had a very solid performance against France and I loved his speed. I think he made nice combos with Özil too
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby dambun » Sun May 20, 2012 8:13 pm

AvatarX wrote:For me he should pick one of Klose or Gomez (depends of their status). If not one of them, then Podolski or even Schurrle should be ahead of Reus for the lone striker position.

You know Nikos... It's not about Reus... It's about Germany's lone striker not being Mario Gomez!
Because he is a failure in big games, and because he decreases Germany's chances of winning against quality opponents...

It doesn't need to be Reus... It might be Schuerrle... or eve our own Thomas Mueller... what matters is that Mario should not be Germany's starter striker...

Reus is just a good guess... based on his qualities... and based on the way Germany plays.... It might fail, you are right,,, But we should start testing such guesses ASAP...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 20, 2012 8:47 pm

I don't really see a reason why Klose shouldn't be a starter tbh
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Sun May 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Reus is not the type of player to play on the lone striker role, although I would not rule him out of having him as a starter on one of the wings. If Klose can't play I would go with Schuerrle who can actually play in the lone striker position (like he did for Mainz).
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby AvatarX » Sun May 20, 2012 9:14 pm

quaazi wrote:And Reus isn't a key player in an odds-defying campaign reaching the Champions League with a team that was in the relegation zone?

So, you are actually comparing the BL matches of heading from relegation zone to 4th place with a year of winning both BL and DFB Cup and reaching the final of CL? Mmmmmm....No.

dambun wrote:You know Nikos... It's not about Reus... It's about Germany's lone striker not being Mario Gomez!
Because he is a failure in big games, and because he decreases Germany's chances of winning against quality opponents...

It doesn't need to be Reus... It might be Schuerrle... or eve our own Thomas Mueller... what matters is that Mario should not be Germany's starter striker...

Reus is just a good guess... based on his qualities... and based on the way Germany plays.... It might fail, you are right,,, But we should start testing such guesses ASAP...

I kind of agree there as Gomez let us down in those critical matches this year, but Reus as a lone striker against Netherlands, Portugal or even more difficult opponents would be a huge risk IMHO.

Podolski, Klose or Muller would be more "balanced" risks.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Mon May 21, 2012 7:39 am

AvatarX wrote:So, you are actually comparing the BL matches of heading from relegation zone to 4th place with a year of winning both BL and DFB Cup and reaching the final of CL? Mmmmmm....No.

Well, yes. I mean, if you're talking about the quality of opposition faced, I do not think we faced a stronger defense in 2010 before Inter than we have now. And I don't have to remind you what Reus did to us.

If lack of play-off experience is an issue, well, Özil was pretty damn awesome in the World Cup and he had barely any play-off experience.

Still not seeing the problem, mate.
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Mon May 21, 2012 7:47 am

quaazi wrote:
AvatarX wrote:So, you are actually comparing the BL matches of heading from relegation zone to 4th place with a year of winning both BL and DFB Cup and reaching the final of CL? Mmmmmm....No.

Well, yes. I mean, if you're talking about the quality of opposition faced, I do not think we faced a stronger defense in 2010 before Inter than we have now. And I don't have to remind you what Reus did to us.

If lack of play-off experience is an issue, well, Özil was pretty damn awesome in the World Cup and he had barely any play-off experience.

Still not seeing the problem, mate.

If you don't see the difference between a player that has the experience of playing in CL until the final and a player that hasn't play a single match in CL or Europe in general, I give up.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Mon May 21, 2012 8:45 am

I already brought up Özil whose European experience before 2010 were only in the group stages.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Mon May 21, 2012 9:08 am

quaazi wrote:I already brought up Özil whose European experience before 2010 were only in the group stages.

Before WC 2010, Oezil had played 26 European games, with 2 goals and 14 assists (all goals and assists in the season 2008–09 and 2009–10). Also he was selected the man of the match in the U-21 European Championship final and had already scored once with the senior NT team in a friendly.

Anyway I think that Reus is OK for a place in AM (probably a sub), I only think it would be a huge risk to have him as ST instead of Klose / Podolski / Muller.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Mon May 21, 2012 9:12 am

Oh, you're counting the UEFA cup. :lol:
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby smaw2010 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:39 am

Do u guys think that the German team can still win Euro 2012 despite the low morale?
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 am

smaw2010 wrote:Do u guys think that the German team can still win Euro 2012 despite the low morale?

We managed to reached the CL finals and lost there only by pure luck, despite being the best team on the field.
I do not expect much of a bad impact in German NT as it is a different story anyway.

But with German NT we have to break the (almost same) curse of "always second, never first" we have until Euro 1996.

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team