You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby #12 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:56 pm

T4L10N wrote:
#12 wrote:
T4L10N wrote:[quote="#12"]Ot that I am a fierce defender of Löw... But he’s the exact same coach that won the Confed-Cup in 2017 when this forum was sucking each others genitalia about Germany being in oh so golden times with years of future successes to come...

Yup, shit's going down right now but I think he deserves that tournament... Where he should male the semis and/or get kicked out with a good performance or else he needs to leave...
He‘s missing half a starting XI currently also to accommodate our club, mind you, and I think the level of attack he gets here by some is unjustified...
Again, never been a huge fan, wanted him gone before 2014, but with his record, it’s funny how some people here are wiseassing now, when there’s an opportunity for the first time...

Hmm,

If only German coaches had a class like Phillip Lahm, who just resigned from the team as a player and captain at its height. No, they stick after winning the major tournament only to fail in the next one. Longevity is the major problem with National Team coaches, they just don't know when to step aside.

The team just needs a new coach with fresh ideas. Players are there, even though we had better quality before 2018. Still the top 3 in terms of player quality. Just only France is better.
I don’t know man, the midfield is probably capable (even we haven’t tested Goretzka and Kimmich at the highest level yet), but a striker and basically a whole defense is missing... Also, the subs are meh...
Top3 is definitely a stretch for me, but historically, we haven’t been the best team individually anyways...

If you WERE to switch coaches now, there would still be a question of who... Because certain users here like to attack others, but just overcompensate for their shortcomings in personal life without thinking things through... (not you T4L1ON )
Because if you bring a coach now, he would either have to be well established (like Klopp, for example) to deal with the heat or be VERY successful right away... Cause you still need to justify a new coach...

If you bring in someone to start a new project:

1.) now is hardly the time... We are in a Euro season!

2.) you might as well see out this Löw project for now...

Personally, I think Klopp would be a great choice but probably not be available after the Euros...
Also, I expect Löw to actually do well there...

Agreed, I will go so far to say that German coaches don't usually win EC or WC on their first try (as far as I remember) essentially meaning that if they sub him now, both EC and WC in 22 will be fail (reaching Semis gonna be max unless players pull some magic). but changes are needed and sooner the better. Only if Klopp was a coach now :( Doesnt matter how good a coach is they just dont usually win back to backs, only time this happened with Germany was 72-74. As far as I know 72 team was the best Germany ever had and one of the best if not the best in world football ever.[/quote]Prefer 1990...

Also RE:Lahm... It's like that in retrospect but he would’ve stepped down regardless it seems... Ge definitely didn’t overstay but it might’ve well gone differently...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:09 pm

#12 wrote:Also RE:Lahm... It's like that in retrospect but he would’ve stepped down regardless it seems... Ge definitely didn’t overstay but it might’ve well gone differently...

He still had few more years in him with the national team I think, but retired like a king. I do appreciate that, that's the major reason he's my favorite player, besides his near-perfect game.
T4L10N
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MunichWolf » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:36 pm

#12 wrote:Ot that I am a fierce defender of Löw... But he’s the exact same coach that won the Confed-Cup in 2017 when this forum was sucking each others genitalia about Germany being in oh so golden times with years of future successes to come...

Yup, shit's going down right now but I think he deserves that tournament... Where he should male the semis and/or get kicked out with a good performance or else he needs to leave...
He‘s missing half a starting XI currently also to accommodate our club, mind you, and I think the level of attack he gets here by some is unjustified...
Again, never been a huge fan, wanted him gone before 2014, but with his record, it’s funny how some people here are wiseassing now, when there’s an opportunity for the first time...

To be fair the Confederations Cup is a joke tournament and the national team has been in poor form for two years now. Losing to South Korea is inexcusable and he should have been relieved from his duties on the spot. He'll be the manager at the Euro's next year but I hope after that he respects the job enough to resign like del Bosque when he knew he took the program as far as he could. It's time for a new generation.
MunichWolf
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Germany

Postby T4L10N » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:39 pm

MunichWolf wrote:
#12 wrote:Ot that I am a fierce defender of Löw... But he’s the exact same coach that won the Confed-Cup in 2017 when this forum was sucking each others genitalia about Germany being in oh so golden times with years of future successes to come...

To be fair the Confederations Cup is a joke tournament and the national team has been in poor form for two years now. Losing to South Korea is inexcusable and he should have been relieved from his duties on the spot. He'll be the manager at the Euro's next year but I hope after that he respects the job enough to resign like del Bosque when he knew he took the program as far as he could. It's time for a new generation.

He should have resigned after terrible WC in 18 no matter what. Every predecessor did exactly that after a failure, previously
T4L10N
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:40 pm

How many of you have resigned from work out of pure morality because you made some mistakes? Fuck off :lol:
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:58 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:How many of you have resigned from work out of pure morality because you made some mistakes? Fuck off

Once, and I was not earning anywhere close to Loew's salary.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby T4L10N » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:13 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:How many of you have resigned from work out of pure morality because you made some mistakes? Fuck off :lol:

If my job was coaching the team of my country on a tournament watched by whole world and held only once in a four years and I failed horribly, then yes, I would definitely resign :D
T4L10N
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Previous

Return to German National Team