You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
7%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
21%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 28

Re: General German national team thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:34 am

Germany v Spain & Switzerland...

Max of two points not more for JL
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:47 am

Can we just cancel the UEFA Nations League?
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunichWolf » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:04 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:Can we just cancel the UEFA Nations League?

What's wrong with it? It's basically a glorified friendly competition but it at least gives the matches some structure, and it gives the smaller nations guaranteed matches to help them improve.
MunichWolf
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:27 pm

I'm so excited to watch Croatia playing against the current European and World champions Portugal and France in 2-3 days. Can't be more proud to see my country playing against world's top teams in the last 6 years and even beating them. =P~

We all have been missing national football and since Bayern is the absolute club winner in Europe, I guess Germans also want to see Bayern's 4, Werner and Havertz playing along with Kroos and Gündogan. Imagine having Müller if only Jogi weren't Germany Bundestrainer. :)

All people need some positive energy from their national teams, though. :wink:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby nm462272 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:08 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

this lovey relationship between Löw and Kroos is gross :sick: :sick: meanwhile, some of the best German players in Müller and Hummels are left out. so sick of this dude, can't wait for him to be gone...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MunichWolf » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:03 pm

Fénix wrote:I'm so excited to watch Croatia playing against the current European and World champions Portugal and France in 2-3 days. Can't be more proud to see my country playing against world's top teams in the last 6 years and even beating them. =P~

We all have been missing national football and since Bayern is the absolute club winner in Europe, I guess Germans also want to see Bayern's 4, Werner and Havertz playing along with Kroos and Gündogan. Imagine having Müller if only Jogi weren't Germany Bundestrainer. :)

All people need some positive energy from their national teams, though. :wink:

I look forward to watching your country as well, and at their very worst they still have the best kits in Europe!
MunichWolf
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:25 pm

nm462272 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

this lovey relationship between Löw and Kroos is gross :sick: :sick: meanwhile, some of the best German players in Müller and Hummels are left out. so sick of this dude, can't wait for him to be gone...

^ Basically the duo (both Kroos and Löw) shamelessly accepting the latter’s favoritism :roll:
{Toni Kroos has been one of Real Madrid’s worse performers since 2018 and if you don’t believe me then just go and read any Real fan websites and see the negative opinions expressed there}

I remember there used to be a time when I actually looked forward to the international break to see Deutschland in action (with all the Bayern, Dortmund and other top Germans coming together to play for one team) but Löw’s arrogance and repeated failures have sabotaged the NT for lack of success in the present and the near future.

I think Germany have the talent to be good contenders for the Euro next year however it will again be the nose digger who causes the downfall I’m afraid.

I believe that Germany can still get it right next year if the DFB somehow convinces Jupp to come out of retirement for just a year or if Germany promotes Kuntz to the main coaching job.

A starting XI of:

looks pretty decent on paper and with proper tactics/discipline could go far in the Euros.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:30 am

nm462272 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

He's the new Podolski.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:09 pm

Germany finished the game with 4 CBs and a total of SIX defenders and yet couldn’t see out the game :twisted:
Löw’s “tactics” once again blow up in his face :roll:

You have Brandt, Waldschmidt and Kai on the bench and you finish the game with a front three of Kehrer, Can and Draxler :lol: :lol: :lol:

The DFB and the Germans who supported keeping this nose digging asshole after the WC debacle (including certain “bUt ThErE iS nO oThEr aLtErNaTiVe” users here) deserve everything that’s coming to them.

The German NT are now Wenger’s Arsenal version of international football. Never would I have expected such incompetence from Germany to stick with an inept man who’s proven to be a failure on more than one occasions #-o
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:13 pm

America USA wrote:Germany finished the game with 4 CBs and a total of SIX defenders and yet couldn’t see out the game :twisted:
Löw’s “tactics” once again blow up in his face :roll:

You have Brandt, Waldschmidt and Kai on the bench and you finish the game with a front three of Kehrer, Can and Draxler

The DFB and the Germans who supported keeping this nose digging asshole after the WC debacle (including certain “bUt ThErE iS nO oThEr aLtErNaTiVe” users here) deserve everything that’s coming to them.

The German NT are now Wenger’s Arsenal version of international football. Never would I have expected such incompetence from Germany to stick with an inept man who’s proven to be a failure on more than one occasions #-o
I heard that Merkel is in line to take the job
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I heard that Merkel is in line to take the job

Löw has made watching the NT PAINFUL. I’ve loved and followed this team for more than 10 years now and it’s just miserable to watch. Yes I agree we won the 2014 WC (however given Flick’s work with Bayern, I wonder how much of it was really Löw) under him but it is undeniable that he’s been finished since last WC and should’ve been fired at the latest after the Nations League relegation.

Instead this moron was given a free reign and he inexplicably banished arguably the best CB in the country (Hummels) and refuses to call back Thomas after he’s broken the BL assists record. Why does no one at the DFB call him out on his idiotic arrogance? A bunch of spineless morons.

If Germany has any serious intentions of challenging for the Euro next year then Löw must be sacked promptly and appoint Kuntz as his successor. It probably is too late for even Klopp/Flick to turn this ship around but giving the new coach the entire Nations League campaign (and a few friendly games) to organize the best German players in a decent setup and boost the players morale (I believe the NT’s morale hasn’t been this löw since the early 2000s) is still possible and potentially the only hope left to avoid another humiliation next year for Germany since they’ll be up against France and Portugal from the get go.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:22 am

I was going to mention Roger Schmidt as a possible solution... however I have just learned that he has signed for PSV.

Kuntz is an alternative but I don't think that it is enough.

How about Klose? He may not be fully qualified and all , but his charisma and aura may be enough to bring back the enthusiasm in the players chosen to represent Germany.

P.S Can Gundogan shouldn't be called again they do not belong to this NT

We always mention Hummels and Mueller but imo even Boa should be re-called; not necessarily as a starter. His experience will be an asses for the group.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB12Forever » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:32 am

America USA wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I heard that Merkel is in line to take the job

Löw has made watching the NT PAINFUL. I’ve loved and followed this team for more than 10 years now and it’s just miserable to watch. Yes I agree we won the 2014 WC (however given Flick’s work with Bayern, I wonder how much of it was really Löw) under him but it is undeniable that he’s been finished since last WC and should’ve been fired at the latest after the Nations League relegation.

Instead this moron was given a free reign and he inexplicably banished arguably the best CB in the country (Hummels) and refuses to call back Thomas after he’s broken the BL assists record. Why does no one at the DFB call him out on his idiotic arrogance? A bunch of spineless morons.

If Germany has any serious intentions of challenging for the Euro next year then Löw must be sacked promptly and appoint Kuntz as his successor. It probably is too late for even Klopp/Flick to turn this ship around but giving the new coach the entire Nations League campaign (and a few friendly games) to organize the best German players in a decent setup and boost the players morale (I believe the NT’s morale hasn’t been this löw since the early 2000s) is still possible and potentially the only hope left to avoid another humiliation next year for Germany since they’ll be up against France and Portugal from the get go.

The current DFB is full of people from Freiburg. It is much worse than you might think.

this reminds me of the French football federation back in 10', when it took 2 major tournament disasters to remove Domenech and the FFF president (in 2011) as well. The players even went on a strike after FFF banned Anelka... That was so unbelievably disgusting..

I now expect DFB to undergo a similar process.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Fénix » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:46 am

Don't expect dramatic measures and changes within Germany team. You all should know how rare Germany change coaches and French strike and mess is surely something you won't see anywhere around because Framce had been a total mess even between 2002-2012.

Switching the Bundestrainer at this moment would have some positive effect since there's a lot of time till Euro 2021 to draw some sketches for the tournament and UEFA Nations League is something to serve for them.

They are giving too many credits to Löw and for instance, Ralf Rangnick is available to take charge and bring some positive changes and tactical solutions, maybe add few new players in defensive line where things look poor.

ramsej84 wrote:I was going to mention Roger Schmidt as a possible solution... however I have just learned that he has signed for PSV.

I'm glad he is back to Europe and one top side and PSV certainly that is. I want him to see one day becoming top coach and coaching big German and European clubs. :)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:33 am

This is how imo Germany should line upImage
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team