You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby #12 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:02 pm

ramsej84 wrote:that is one hell of a mediocre team
That’s how I felt about us for a long time... I've learned that players can step up and up their game though...

Also, who cares about the NT outside of WC and EC?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Good that our players weren’t called.

Although I would be lying if I claimed I don’t like Germany and I celebrated the 2014 win like a German, tbh I do not really care for the team much anymore and only like them because of the Bayern players. Another WC won’t top a second treble for me. It’s not a lifetime love affair with the NT as it is with Bayern. In fact, I could well see me following and supporting someone else next time around.

Similarly, I would obviously support Malta in a game against Germany. I would, however, never support anyone against Bayern. If someday my Maltese team were to play Bayern, I would support Bayern.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Good that our players weren’t called.

Although I would be lying if I claimed I don’t like Germany and I celebrated the 2014 win like a German, tbh I do not really care for the team much anymore and only like them because of the Bayern players. Another WC won’t top a second treble for me. It’s not a lifetime love affair with the NT as it is with Bayern. In fact, I could well see me following and supporting someone else next time around.

Similarly, I would obviously support Malta in a game against Germany. I would, however, never support anyone against Bayern. If someday my Maltese team were to play Bayern, I would support Bayern.

I was going to thank your post... but then your last sentence

P.S Suele has been called
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:30 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:If someday my Maltese team were to play Bayern, I would support Bayern.

What if it, hypothetically, was the Champions League final?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:41 pm

ramsej84 wrote:that is one hell of a mediocre team

True, but mediocre Germany with the old German spirit under guidance of a clever coach can achieve more than that epic fail Germany of the nose digger 2 years ago. :D

I see a lot of potential in German midfield which is the strongest part along with 2 Bayern wingers though the last line is really weak.
Those top CBs and especially fullbacks are missing.

I would expect from Schalke, Stuttgart, Leipzig and BVB to produce future fullbacks, though. They are great factories of young players, but obviously not Germans in big numbers.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:34 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:If someday my Maltese team were to play Bayern, I would support Bayern.

What if it, hypothetically, was the Champions League final?
Bayern, though happy with both outcomes.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:37 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

I don’t see any reason why I should be patriotic about a club. I started supporting Bayern about 10 years before I started following Maltese football and picked a team. Local football is a fun way to pass the time for me; I similarly plan to attend some games of the local team when/if I move and start following them. Bayern is more than that. My club is Bayern; the others are teams I like and want to win.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:43 pm

Hardly mediocre... I'd say pretty good. The top 6 could all qualify as Bayern players, Kehrer's a CL finalist and Süle is a Bayern player.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Fénix » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:12 pm

It's a team with some interesting potential except defensive line and lack of competition on #9 position. Imagine to include Müller and Boateng in this team.

Kroos, Gündogan, Havertz and only 2 more top winger prospects are missing for width. But I don't know whether Germany can do the same thing as France in 4-5 years time with some 10 top talents as it was the case between 2012 and 2017.
Now that's a major challenge for a football force such as Germany.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:19 pm

There is no reason for me to change' - Low explains why Bayern stars Muller and Boateng remain out of Germany squad [source]

"Both players had very good performances and they showed how important they are for this team," Low said of Muller and Boateng. "However, after the World Cup, we decided to go with other players. We want them to have space and time to develop."

"These young players have developed very well and we managed the changes very quickly," he said. "So there is no reason for me to change anything in this direction."

He added: "Should the situation be different, I would be the very first person to revise a decision. Currently, however, I don't see any reason. This path is good."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:29 pm

I read that as: "We don't want to win EURO 2021".
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:39 pm

VPD JL
I look forward when Malta beats the hell out of you
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I read that as: "We don't want to win EURO 2021".

In other words: "I don't want that my authority is questioned by anyone." Nobody wants to be wrong, especially a guy like Löw who is 14 years the Bundestrainer.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:20 am

ramsej84 wrote:

Glory hunter!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:27 am

nm462272 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

hard to get excited about the national team while Jogi is still the boss...

True. I expect a resounding defeat against Spain. Löw has sucked the joy out of the international breaks for me.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I read that as: "We don't want to win EURO 2021".

Yeah that statement of his was so arrogant. He’s so full of himself it’s unbelievable. His Jupiter sized ego will ensure that Germany will lose again next year.

By sticking with this nose digging ego manic, the DFB/Germans deserve whatever comes to them!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team