You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.
 

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
2
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
6
26%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
9
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
6
26%
 
Total votes : 23

Re: General German national team thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:23 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Welcome to FC Bayern!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 43489
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 7947 times
Been thanked: 12298 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General German national team thread

Postby bartsch » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:54 pm

I’m not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I’m hoping perhaps someone can direct me to a site where I can order a Germany Euro 2020 kit where you can also have it personalized (example: I want Sane). I live in Canada, and the best I can find is Adidas Canada but for some reason they don’t have any personalized kits. Thanks if anyone could help, this is meant to be a Christmas gift.
User avatar
bartsch
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:19 am
Location: Toronto
National Flag:
Canada
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Fénix » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:59 pm

bartsch wrote:I’m not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I’m hoping perhaps someone can direct me to a site where I can order a Germany Euro 2020 kit where you can also have it personalized (example: I want Sane). I live in Canada, and the best I can find is Adidas Canada but for some reason they don’t have any personalized kits. Thanks if anyone could help, this is meant to be a Christmas gift.

Try here: the official DFB online-fanshop [source]
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9513
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 3894 times
Been thanked: 3722 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German national team thread

Postby bartsch » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:58 am

Fénix wrote:
bartsch wrote:I’m not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I’m hoping perhaps someone can direct me to a site where I can order a Germany Euro 2020 kit where you can also have it personalized (example: I want Sane). I live in Canada, and the best I can find is Adidas Canada but for some reason they don’t have any personalized kits. Thanks if anyone could help, this is meant to be a Christmas gift.

Try here: the official DFB online-fanshop [source]

Thank you. Strange they don’t have Sane though, I know he’s injured but he’s part of the squad.
User avatar
bartsch
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:19 am
Location: Toronto
National Flag:
Canada
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German national team thread

Postby r10 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:29 pm

bartsch wrote:Strange they don’t have Sane though, I know he’s injured but he’s part of the squad.
As Sane was chased by FC Bayern, Leroy got scraped by J. Loew along with Mueller, Boateng and Huemmels :twisted:
r10
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:57 pm
National Flag:
Poland
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 57 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:02 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17123
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5649 times
Been thanked: 3779 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: General German national team thread

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:44 am

Mueller should be taken back on board.
He is not only imp on the pitch but even more off it; as it was the case with Poldi.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 43476
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 29514 times
Been thanked: 6291 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German national team thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:58 pm

Dropping Müller and Hummels was utterly retarded. Specially because the GNT has such mediocre players like Rudiger or Goretzka starting.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7083
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3118 times
Been thanked: 2746 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German national team thread

Postby America USA » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:10 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Dropping Müller and Hummels was utterly retarded. Specially because the GNT has such mediocre players like Rudiger or Goretzka starting.

I’m ok with Rudiger because he’s been Chelsea’s best central defender and has pace (pacy CBs have become very important in the modern game) It’s selection of guys like Ginter and Tah over Hummels that’s preposterous.

Although Müller has been really good since he was axed from the NT, I do think his time with the NT was coming to an end. Germany have many young prospects in attack such as Havertz, Sané, Gnabry, Brandt, Werner, Waldschmidt. So maybe Müller would’ve blocked the way for their development. However I can see the appeal of having Müller with the team like Podolski was. In any case Müller didn’t deserve to be unceremoniously forced out of the NT after all his contributions to the NT’s success. Even Khedira (the worst player at the WC last year) hasn’t been formally being banished from the NT so disgracefully!

Anyway since the World Cup disaster I think Germany’s major problems have been in defense. In all the big games the attacking guys looked threatening and at least decent (home & away vs France in the nations league, all four games against the Dutch and the friendly against Argentina)

It’s the defending that’s been a catastrophe and what I think will cause Germany an early exit in next years’ Euro (Löw is not the tactician to get this right and he’s too arrogant to recall Hummels)
Last edited by America USA on Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3265
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 572 times
Been thanked: 962 times

Re: General German national team thread

Postby America USA » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:12 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

So I guess the DFB have made peace with the fact that Germany won’t win the Euro next year and Löw will finally be gone after the competition :roll:

Because there’s no way any of those three players (especially Müller and Hummels given the way those two reacted after being banished) will agree to playing a farewell testimonial under Löw.
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3265
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 572 times
Been thanked: 962 times

Re: General German national team thread

Postby longeleven » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:24 am

America USA wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

So I guess the DFB have made peace with the fact that Germany won’t win the Euro next year and Löw will finally be gone after the competition :roll:

Because there’s no way any of those three players (especially Müller and Hummels given the way those two reacted after being banished) will agree to playing a farewell testimonial under Löw.


I don't even think they agree to playing a farewell game as well.
They just wait until Loew got kicked out and comeback to the team with better form :mrgreen:
User avatar
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:34 am
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 87 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German national team thread

Postby longeleven » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:29 am

America USA wrote:Although Müller has been really good since he was axed from the NT, I do think his time with the NT was coming to an end. Germany have many young prospects in attack such as Havertz, Sané, Gnabry, Brandt, Werner, Waldschmidt. So maybe Müller would’ve blocked the way for their development. However I can see the appeal of having Müller with the team like Podolski was.


And why do you think Marco Reus won't block those young prospects? because he still contribute nothing for NT up until now? :coffee:
User avatar
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:34 am
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 87 times
Gender: Male

Re: General German national team thread

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:33 pm

User avatar
DRvad14
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: NY
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 1754 times
Been thanked: 1349 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to German National Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests