You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
5%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
24%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
43%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
29%

Total votes : 21

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Machiavellico » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Yeah, Muller just gave his take on it via Twitter. He made a pretty good point. They announced it on facebook, twitter, instagram, dfb website, all at once. How come they had all these press releases ready all at once? They surely prepared for it in advance.
So you just let 3 of the best german players in the last 20 years know that they’re no longer in his plans and get on with it??? You give Podolski a farewell like he was some sort of messiah of this generation and you just say “Bye” to Hummels, Boateng and Muller?

Man, I thought people were supposed to be wiser with age

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:48 pm

Machiavellico wrote:Yeah, Muller just gave his take on it via Twitter. He made a pretty good point. They announced it on facebook, twitter, instagram, dfb website, all at once. How come they had all these press releases ready all at once? They surely prepared for it in advance.
So you just let 3 of the best german players in the last 20 years know that they’re no longer in his plans and get on with it??? You give Podolski a farewell like he was some sort of messiah of this generation and you just say “Bye” to Hummels, Boateng and Muller?

https://twitter.com/esmuellert_/status/1103347295616200704?s=19
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Muller is 1000% (one thousand per cent) right.

Low should have said: "Dear Neuer, Hummels, Boateng, Kroos, Reus. From March to November I will play only with players aged 28 or less, even if we end in the second place after Netherlands we're still in so I don't care. Perform well and you'll be back for Euro 2020".
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:28 pm

Gotta say Müller's spot on with this one.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:39 pm

To be fair it's not exactly difficult to push out a message to a bunch of platforms at once without much time, but in general, yeah, I agree with Müller's sentiment - their prepared messages lead me to believe that they'd been sitting on this one for a while....They pushed out those messages pretty much as soon as the meeting concluded. It's poor form. They knew what they were doing while the players were left in the dark until the last minute.

And I mean...it's been what...8, 9 months since the world cup? Yeah, Müller and co were largely poor, sure. But it's been 9 months. And you've been giving them some time vs France and Netherlands where they weren't good, either. And it's been at least 3 months since Germany's last competitive match. So at MINIMUM they've had 3 months to decide (probably longer) and instead decide to wait until TWO WEEKS before the next match to break this news? Come on.
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:42 pm

Kehrer and Tah are less than average players...
Germany will soon be in div D playing Malta and San Marino
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:56 pm

Machiavellico wrote:Yeah, Muller just gave his take on it via Twitter. He made a pretty good point. They announced it on facebook, twitter, instagram, dfb website, all at once. How come they had all these press releases ready all at once? They surely prepared for it in advance.

This one must’ve been a hard pill to swallow for the trio too. Mats, Boateng and Thomas all played an active role in winning the WC but Podolski who was basically a mascot and there because of Löw’s “faith” in him was given a heroic and emotional farewell. WTF is this? To pull the plug on the International careers of three excellent players so abruptly is highly unprofessional and insensitive.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:15 am

After all these years supporting the Germany NT as my own country's NT - I'm giving up on them until this "ass smeller" and "nose picker" is gone.

What a joke thing to do just now and what a joke way to do it.

edit - Just read this on BFW:

Where's Uli?
We need a flogging of Hoenessian Proportions
Posted by Markopolo on Mar 6, 2019 | 3:33 PM

Probably working the back channels to get Low sacked.
Posted by desmo.rider on Mar 6, 2019 | 3:34 PM

:lol:
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:38 am

ramsej84 wrote:Kehrer and Tah are less than average players...
Germany will soon be in div D playing Malta and San Marino

Please happen, I can't wait to see Albania and Malta spanking this team's a$$. But first I'll be more than happy to see Dragun and Saroka from the ruthless Belorussian front feasting on them this June...
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Manchu » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:27 am

To this day, Joachim Löw and the DFB have not taken the least amount of responsibility for the World Cup debacle. Based on their narrative, you could be excused for thinking that Ozil, Hummels, Boateng, and Muller and not Löw picked the team's squad, lineup, and tactics.

I could forgive that if Löw showed the least bit of introspection, if he examined his tactics and his decisions and found the faults, if he was aware of what went wrong enough to get the team playing good football again, but he's shown himself to be incapable of that. The conclusion he drew for the World Cup was that the best way to win was to play shittier than opponent. I'm fine with playing any one of possession, counterpressing, or counterattacking football as long as we play good football, but Löw can't and won't do that. No will to attack, no will to possess, no will to press, no defensive grit. We look like Mourinho's United.

And now this. The ultimate act of disrespect. The ultimate act of idiocy. Legends deserve respect. Most NT coaches try to win by making their available talent pool as broad as possible, not by artificially narrowing it.

I fear for Germany's chances for qualification for the Euros. It's not that I don't think that, even now, there isn't sufficient talent in the team to play well. Players like Sane, Brandt, Gotze, Kimmich, Sule, etc. offer the possibility of good and even beautiful football. It's that I fear that Löw won't even try to play it.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby America USA » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:59 am

^ Nice post.

I have supported for the German NT wholeheartedly for more than a decade now and much more strongly than I’ve ever rooted for the USMNT that represents America. However, Löw is now making me hate the DFB team. The game against Netherlands is the last chance for me. The Mannschaft has to show signs of improvement or recovery. If Löw loses miserably again or screws up from a winning position to draw then I’m done with this team.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:48 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:55 pm

so is this close enough ?

Subs.
Neuer Trapp
Kehrer Ginter Tah Max
Gundogan Brandt Eggestein Can
Sane Stindl
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Machiavellico » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:so is this close enough ?

Subs.
Neuer Trapp
Kehrer Ginter Tah Max
Gundogan Brandt Eggestein Can
Sane Stindl

Jesus, what a shitty defense... And looking at the alternatives on the bench, it’s even more worrysome.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:02 pm

Pretty good. Also given Kimmich and Kehrer's versatility in defence / wing-back, some more variations possible with different midfield/forwards profiles like Guendogan, Goretzka, Draxler, Brandt, Goetze.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team