You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
5%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
24%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
43%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
29%

Total votes : 21

Re: General German national team thread

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:54 pm

Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:06 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Löw: "They are all still top class players who are at the forefront of their club. They are big players who stood for a long time in the national team. They spent countless years with us. I thank Mats, Jérôme & Thomas for many successful, extraordinary and unique years together. "It's time to set the course for the future. We want to give the team a new face. I'm convinced that this is the right step. We're sending a clear signal of renewal: the young national team players will have the space they need to fully develop. They must take responsibility."
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:18 pm

Holy ****, Loew with better foresight than Bayern management?
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Machiavellico » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:33 pm

I could understand with Muller, given that there is a healthy number of solutions upfront. But both Boateng and Hummels? It's not like he could shell out 80m for Hernandez or de Ligt in the summer and replace them with ease. Is he THAT sure that Rudiger and Tah will be able to step up to the challenge? They always felt like two very limited defenders.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby Fénix » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:36 pm

It took him quite some time, just like FC Bayern to figure out some things while for Bayern I'm not quite sure since Hummels and Müller aren't on a transfer list for this summer.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby shpati_L1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:38 pm

Hummels shouldn't be on that list.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby aterford » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:39 pm

With Kimmich likely being in midfield, you're probably left with a backline of Kehrer, Süle, Rüdiger, and Schulz....

I'll certainly admit Hummels, Müller, and Boateng have declined, but I'm not terribly confident in that backline and I don't think it's an appreciable improvement in any way right now - and who knows how it will be in the future.

And I must say: if players are getting dropped because of age/bad form, then Neuer should probably be dropped for ter Stegen and Kroos should be out, too.....
Last edited by aterford on Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tuscanybayern » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:47 pm

Absolute nonsense from Low. I would rather keep Hummels, Muller and Boateng and find a new coach.

Hummels, Sule and Boateng are still the #1, #2 and #3 best German center-backs.

Muller is still an unique type of player, he proved it against Gladbach.

You can bench them or try to repeat the experience of the Conf Cup with the Euro 2020 qualifying round. I hope it is the latter and not a permanent decision.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:01 pm

Meh, not nearly as bad as you guys think.

-Contrary to popular belief, Ruediger is an excellent centre back
-Suele is of course as good as we know, and Tah and Kehrer are superb backups (the latter especially). Even Stark and God forbid Mustafi are usable players.
-The fullback situation has always been shit anyways.
-No one's gonna miss Mueller. In fact, Mueller's about to create the most and last important space of his career: letting the superior Sane, Brandt and Havertz play.

All they need to do now is rinse Neuer, or at least still have him in the squad with Ter Stegen starting. Good as new.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Machiavellico » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Meh, not nearly as bad as you guys think.

-Suele is of course as good as we know, and Tah and Kehrer are superb backups (the latter especially). Even Stark and God forbid Mustafi are usable players.
-No one's gonna miss Mueller. In fact, Mueller's about to create the most and last important space of his career: letting the superior Sane, Brandt and Havertz play.

All they need to do now is rinse Neuer, or at least still have him in the squad with Ter Stegen starting. Good as new.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. How would you feel if Bayern sold both Boateng and Hummels this summer and brought Rudiger and Tah as replacements?(especially after we've seen how sluggish Tah is and how bad Rudiger's performances have been for the NT). Not to mention Stark and Mustafi lol. Would you screw Boateng and Hummels to have Sule paired up with Stark? In case the excellent Rudiger would be injured, of course.

Plus, it's clear that Kehrer will not be used as a CB. He's the right wing back for the foreseeable future, given that Kimmich has been moved to the centre.

Also, I should point out that, as of last summer, Germany is playing with THREE CBs. That's Sule, Rudiger and Ginter/Tah starting every match from now on.

I'm all for rejuvenating the NT, but this feels a bit rash and it shouldn't be done on a position with such poor squad depth.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:14 pm

1.) No he’s not... He’s as shit as his last name...
2.) Maybe, bar Mustafi
3.) No, 2014 this was the best CD in the world
4.) Brandt?
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby rthebest » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:25 pm

Fine,let say Low wants to change the team. But he didn't have to act like a corporation's CEO firing people to save his own a**.
Kovac OUT!!!
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:25 pm

Machiavellico wrote:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. How would you feel if Bayern sold both Boateng and Hummels this summer and brought Rudiger and Tah as replacements?(especially after we've seen how sluggish Tah is and how bad Rudiger's performances have been for the NT). Not to mention Stark and Mustafi lol. Would you screw Boateng and Hummels to have Sule paired up with Stark? In case the excellent Rudiger would be injured, of course.

Plus, it's clear that Kehrer will not be used as a CB. He's the right wing back for the foreseeable future, given that Kimmich has been moved to the centre.

Also, I should point out that, as of last summer, Germany is playing with THREE CBs. That's Sule, Rudiger and Ginter/Tah starting every match from now on.

I'm all for rejuvenating the NT, but this feels a bit rash and it shouldn't be done on a position with such poor squad depth.

I wouldn't be unhappy with Ruediger, although not sure why we'd need Tah since we already do have Suele and Pavard. As for Kehrer, I'd positively sell one of our current CB's to get him, he's a cut above the rest. I hate Mustafi and Stark's a nothing player, but I was just saying that they're usable if desperately needed from a NT perspective. Also in a NT situation you've got to make the best with what you have and Ruediger's possibly the only CB who's already comfortable playing in a 3-man defence.

There were only ever two-three good centre backs in the NT, and subs were nearly always irrelevant. Ruediger and Suele make two, and Kehrer will develop as a mainstay PSG centre back under Tuchel - before you completely disregard that last part, note how Loew tends to copy superior coaches e.g. Lahm in midfield. Kehrer wil end up as a Germany CB.

Not sure how "depth" matters for a national team all of a sudden.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:27 pm

#12 wrote:

1.) No he’s not... He’s as shit as his last name...
2.) Maybe, bar Mustafi
3.) No, 2014 this was the best CD in the world
4.) Brandt?

1.) That's because you're not up to speed with football
2.) Yeah true. Only in desperation.
3.) It's been 5 years since then, yet you insist upon how some users live in the past
4.) Nothing player, still better than Mueller
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby zozon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Rudiger an excellent CB? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I bet you havent watched 2 full Chelsea games this season.

Tah is OK, although his defensive positioning is worse than any of the German CB's left.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team