You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
24%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
47%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
24%

Total votes : 17

Re: General German national team thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:32 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:03 pm

What Löw did against France is what he should have done before the World Cup or at least straight after. I can't understand why did it take him so long to realise he needed to start shuffling things up and adding fresh young blood to the team

If this is gonna be the trend from now on, I wouldn't mind him to stay. After 12 years we can count 2012 and 2018 as his biggest failures, but apart from that he's done an outstanding job.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Ed. » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:25 pm

America USA wrote: only.
3. The emphasis has to be on fast transitions (as was the case today). In Sane, Werner, Brandt, Gnabry and Reus (depending on if he’s fit) Germany have enough explosiveness, pace and verticality up front.

They may have all those attributes but lack the single most important element, putting the ball in the back of the net.
There are no goals in those 4.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Ed. wrote:
America USA wrote: only.
3. The emphasis has to be on fast transitions (as was the case today). In Sane, Werner, Brandt, Gnabry and Reus (depending on if he’s fit) Germany have enough explosiveness, pace and verticality up front.

They may have all those attributes but lack the single most important element, putting the ball in the back of the net.
There are no goals in those 4.

Think Reus can certainly be a decent scorer (though definitely not a reliable player; far too fragile), but watching the others...Werner has made it work okay with Leipzig and of course also Sane with City...but I don't know what it is. They both just seem to lose their heads when they play for Germany. Both look like proper players with their club teams, but when you watch them play at the international level they both look like they have absolutely no football IQ whatsoever. Just wrong decision after wrong decision. Pacy and explosive, sure, but they both play so silly....
Gnabry, tbh, haven't really felt I've seen enough yet to make much of an assessment one way or another.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:49 am

Don't mean to keep kicking a fallen tree but I think it is worrying that while the base plan is, imho the correct one, there's extremely little creativity in player substitution and a change of formation only comes after national debacles?

I was surprised as to the number of 'episodes' which are pretty common for Loew indifferent of tactical plan or game situation. Things like, for example:

"Waiting for Reus'" "Muller must play," "Draxler/Brandt on the last stretch".

These are always the same themes regardless of outcome. Why does Loew always make the same subs and keep players which are clearly under-performing game in and out coming in or on the starting formation?

Players like Muller and Kroos and yes, even Neuer, should be kept at bay (not to mention Boateng) to give a chance to other players to show their worth like that young team which rocked Africa did with so many young talents showing their class.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:09 pm

I think the lack of goals has two solutions :
1. Recall Stindl. Regardless of his age he knows how to score. Scored on his comeback game against Bayern and IIRC he scored from a difficult angle against France in the friendly last year. He would make a temporary solution until the likes of Arp, Eggestein, etc. can develop. In addition to Stindl I’d also like to see either Selke or Füllkrug get a call up depending on who is playing better at club level.

2. Find a good creative attacking midfielder. Havertz is an upcoming option or Kroos could be promoted to the 10 role like he was in 2014. Hopefully Götze can find his form again and get going.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:19 pm

There is enough young talent in Deutschland to start competing for the big trophies again but for that to happen Löw needs to go or at the very least end his loyalty with the 2014 winners and his maddening obsession with possession based football with the ultra high line, lack of forward passes and tippy happy in the attacking third when there is already a parked bus in front of the opponents goal!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:07 pm

No there isn’t
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:14 pm

Yes there is but I’m not going to waste time trying to convince a delusional pessimist like yourself.

BTW Not trying to making it personal but your family and friends (if you have any) deserve a gold medal for putting up with someone with your attitude IRL.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:18 pm

America USA wrote:Yes there is but I’m not going to waste time trying to convince a delusional pessimist like yourself.

BTW Not trying to making it personal but your family and friends (if you have any) deserve a gold medal for putting up with someone with your attitude IRL.

Oh the arguments! You really REALLY crushed me there... You know here we discuss in conflict... Of course that requires a minimum of cognitive ability, which we've seen and established you don’t possess...

So here’s a tip:

Names?!

I doubt you could, cause I'm 99,9% sure I know German soccer FAR better than you... But that would be the way to go to convince someone...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nhanphan1990 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:33 pm

America USA wrote:Yes there is but I’m not going to waste time trying to convince a delusional pessimist like yourself.

Just put him on your ignore list, your time is worth way more than that...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
It is not the strong one that wins, the one that wins is strong.

Franz Beckenbauer
nhanphan1990
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:53 pm

Mesut :coffee:
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Jorge » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:07 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Mesut :coffee:

He put up a show against Leicester today, a memorable performance, I would say: like the best player in the world (something that he isn't but he is capable of in isolated instances); but how many times we have see this to then see him disappear for a good string of games?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:09 am

Latest FIFA world rankings published today. Germany in freefall, lost another 2 places, will soon meet or fall below Italy.Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:14 am

Bayernbazi wrote:Latest FIFA world rankings published today. Germany in freefall, lost another 2 places, will soon meet or fall below Italy.Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is this a record Loew?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team