You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
24%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
47%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
24%

Total votes : 17

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Aryagorn » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Erdogan: Last night I spoke to Mesut. His attitude in the statement is completely patriotic. It is not possible to accept this kind of racist attitude towards a young man who poured so much sweat for the German national team's success. They can't handle our picture together. I stand behind Mesut for what he said.

Politicians from Turkey's ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) as well Germany's Green Party leaders have condemned the 'racist' treatment Ozil received in the wake of the shock exit of German team from the Word Cup in Russia.

Ravza Kavakci Kan, a vice chairperson of Erdogan's party, said what happened to Ozil is the latest example of rise of "racism and discrimination" in Germany.

"It is sad that this situation has reached as far as sports in Germany. A citizen should be treated the same with others, as long as he or she abides by the rules of a country and contributes to the society of the same country," she told Al Jazeera.

"There are racist people in every country, but politicians with common sense, respect for human rights and dedication to European values they always talk about should be protecting valuable people like Ozil against racism and discrimination," she said.

"He is openly targeted for his origins and merely having a photo with the president of the country of his family. In the ages we are living, racism in Europe is carried out predominantly against Muslims, but not other immigrants. And this shows how hypocritical the approach of German officials and media is to the issue."
Aryagorn
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:He choosed Germany not because he likes Germany but he believed playing for Germany will bring him more fame and fortune than playing for Turkey. I don't feel sorry for him that much. In any case Germans need to get their shit together. It's not your goddamn business who takes pictures with who. I bet they wouldn't even say a word if it wasn't with Erdoğan but was with Kim Jong-Un. Hypocrites. Don't these Europeans think for a second why Turkish people vote for Erdoğan this much? The only reason Erdoğan gets his vote is basically this; "Europeans are still the enemy of Turks... Hey look! They are getting crazy over Özil's photo with me. I told you they still hate us. So vote for me!"

By the way if Bayern wants to be that "Global Team" as they claim to be then It's presidents should stick their personal opinions in their own asses and shut up about them.

The nation of Turkey and its people vote according to how they are perceived by another country that is located over 3,000 Kilometers away (the distance between Germany and Turkey)? Did Germany wage war against Turkey or colonize Turkey in the past because that is how you are making Turkey's disgruntled behavior sound.

Also - this issue is a Germany/Turkey one but Ozil wrote his allegations in English? I find that rather puzzling and makes me question his sincerity or goal in all this.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:51 pm

Aryagorn wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Erdogan: Last night I spoke to Mesut. His attitude in the statement is completely patriotic. It is not possible to accept this kind of racist attitude towards a young man who poured so much sweat for the German national team's success. They can't handle our picture together. I stand behind Mesut for what he said.

Politicians from Turkey's ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) as well Germany's Green Party leaders have condemned the 'racist' treatment Ozil received in the wake of the shock exit of German team from the Word Cup in Russia.

Ravza Kavakci Kan, a vice chairperson of Erdogan's party, said what happened to Ozil is the latest example of rise of "racism and discrimination" in Germany.

"It is sad that this situation has reached as far as sports in Germany. A citizen should be treated the same with others, as long as he or she abides by the rules of a country and contributes to the society of the same country," she told Al Jazeera.

"There are racist people in every country, but politicians with common sense, respect for human rights and dedication to European values they always talk about should be protecting valuable people like Ozil against racism and discrimination," she said.

"He is openly targeted for his origins and merely having a photo with the president of the country of his family. In the ages we are living, racism in Europe is carried out predominantly against Muslims, but not other immigrants. And this shows how hypocritical the approach of German officials and media is to the issue."
F7#k hell who is going to lecture others about racism.... ???

The Kurds and the Armenians say hello
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby KrampusIsReal » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:14 pm

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:He choosed Germany not because he likes Germany but he believed playing for Germany will bring him more fame and fortune than playing for Turkey. I don't feel sorry for him that much. In any case Germans need to get their shit together. It's not your goddamn business who takes pictures with who. I bet they wouldn't even say a word if it wasn't with Erdoğan but was with Kim Jong-Un. Hypocrites. Don't these Europeans think for a second why Turkish people vote for Erdoğan this much? The only reason Erdoğan gets his vote is basically this; "Europeans are still the enemy of Turks... Hey look! They are getting crazy over Özil's photo with me. I told you they still hate us. So vote for me!"

By the way if Bayern wants to be that "Global Team" as they claim to be then It's presidents should stick their personal opinions in their own asses and shut up about them.

The nation of Turkey and its people vote according to how they are perceived by another country that is located over 3,000 Kilometers away (the distance between Germany and Turkey)? Did Germany wage war against Turkey or colonize Turkey in the past because that is how you are making Turkey's disgruntled behavior sound.

Also - this issue is a Germany/Turkey one but Ozil wrote his allegations in English? I find that rather puzzling and makes me question his sincerity or goal in all this.
It was terrible and then to pull the race card when there are other minorities on the team that haven't said a thing about that.

This makes Özil look even worse

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:35 pm

I think Ozil found support where others can't: Erdoğan and those in Turkey that want the country moved away from the democratic values of the West.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Aryagorn » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:50 pm

Ünsal Arik is among the best boxers in the world at his weight class and has accomplished a lots of success in his career.

Just saying in case if some people here don't know who this guy is.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cnsal_Arik#Erfolge

Here's the full translation of the interview where he spoke about Mesut Özil.

Boxer Ünsal Arik is one of the few German-Turkish athletes to speak out publicly against Erdogan. In the interview, he reacts to Mesut Özil's accusations.

Mr Arik, are you sad that Mesut Özil has resigned from the national football team?

I am sad that he took the initiative and that the DFB did not kick him out before.

Why would the German Football Association (DFB) have done this?

Because Özil has not lived up to his role as a role model. He took the political side of a dictator and supported him in the election campaign. I have been fighting Erdogan for years because thousands of innocent people are in prison because of him. Many sponsors and organizers in Germany say to me: Sorry, but we don't want anything to do with politics. Then one can also say to Özil:'You mix sport and politics and support political values for which we do not stand. So I'm afraid we can't take you with us.' That is not racist, it is right.

Özil's statement about his controversial photo shoot with Erdogan says: "I understand that it is perhaps difficult to understand, since in some cultures a political leader cannot be regarded separately from the person. But in this case, it's different."

That's the dumbest statement I've ever heard. That would mean that the President could do anything, lock up innocent people, wage wars, and I must always support him? Of course, even Turks can refuse to meet such an evil person. Every Turk knows what happens when an athlete meets the president. That was a planned action in the election campaign. Everything Özil is doing right now is political. Let him research what Erdogan is responsible for and explain why he thinks this person is so great.

Erdogan is an elected president.

He has not been elected in a free system. Hundreds of people are in prison because they disagree politically with Erdogan. There is no more freedom in Turkey. With the new presidential system, he has secured almost unlimited power. It's gonna make things worse. Anyone who supports him is an accomplice.

Özil says that he learned from his mother never to forget his origins, his heritage and his family traditions. For him, the photo with Erdogan was not about politics or elections, but about respecting the highest office of his family's country.

That's just a cheap excuse. If his mother's country of origin were so important to him, he would have had to choose the Turkish national team. It wasn't just the photos. Gündogan has called Erdogan "my president", but plays for the German national team. Then Boateng can fly to Ghana and say this is my president, Rüdiger to Sierra Leone and Khedira to Tunisia. It's not just skill that counts, but a passion for the country you're playing for.

Özil says he has two hearts, a German and a Turkish one. That is the principle behind dual citizenship. What's wrong with that?

I see it differently: Either you feel like a German and play for Germany or you feel like a Turk and play for Turkey. Both are perfectly all right, but you have to stand by that decision. I fight for Turkey because I feel like a Turk even though I was born here. That is why I do not support a dictatorship, it is a huge difference.

Lothar Matthäus has been photographed as honorary captain of the German national team in Russia with Vladimir Putin. Although this is not a flawless democrat either, the outcry in Germany was not comparable. Is German Turks measured with a different measure, as Özil says?

Matthew screwed up. But everybody has to understand that things are a little different with Erdogan: More than one million Turkish voters live in Germany and it has a direct impact on the lives of people in Turkey when a German international supports Erdogan in the election campaign. You'll have to take a much closer look. Özil still doesn't understand what he did. He helped a man in an election campaign with blood on his hand. In any other country there would have been as much excitement as in Germany. And rightly so.

Why do you think Özil keeps meeting Erdogan?

Many athletes do this and the reason is almost always the same: because they do business in Turkey. Erdogan can open many doors for you. Footballer Arda Turan played near Barcelona, spoke out publicly for Erdogan and shortly afterwards opened a hotel in Turkey. Later Erdogan was his best man. The basketball player Hedo Türkoğlu was banned in America for doping, later supported Erdogan and is now president of the Turkish Basketball Federation. Özil's consultants have now realized that he can no longer get a foothold on the ground with the sponsors in Germany. So they orientate towards Turkey. This has worked well, as the reactions from Turkey today show. It's all about money.

So Özil is not a staunch Erdogan fan?

The situation in Turkey is as follows: 20 percent are true supporters of Erdogan. 30 percent go with them, otherwise they are financially ruined. They have to pretend to support Erdogan because they want to keep making money.

What does the dispute between Özil and the DFB mean for young German-Turkish athletes?

Özil is a role model for many children. You want to be like him. It's a big problem that he's leading them down the wrong path. He will also encourage many Erdogan followers in what they think. German-Turkish friendship will crumble even more.

But it's not just Özil's fault. The DFB did not defend him against the worst racist agitation he was exposed to after the team's World Cup exit. Instead, leading officials have publicly criticized him. A central sentence in Özil's statement was that he was "German when we win, and an immigrant when we lose". Isn't that right?

Yes, I have to agree with him. Every footballer with a migrant background is considered German as soon as he plays for the national team. The others are still foreigners. But Özil was always satisfied as long as he was successful and celebrated as world champion. He could have raised this problem much earlier and not as soon as he personally had a problem. The DFB has missed the right moment to sanction Özil for his behaviour. Both, including Gündogan, should not have been nominated for the World Cup, unless they had publicly apologised for this photo and not only - as in the Gündogan case - explained. Emre Can was also invited to this meeting. And he consequently canceled.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator
Last edited by Aryagorn on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aryagorn
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby FCB general » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Haha, the Dog is absolute king! He is slapping Germany all over again. De facto encourages all Turks in Germany, regardless of their place of birth to continue to work in their ways as if they were in Turkey and not Germany. That thing will 90% of Turks in Germany praise even if they aren't AKP supporters, voters, sympathizers and so on.

He simply can't resist not to put an extra oil in the fire. :lol: :lol: :lol: While he's accusing others for racism, he is the one to be sanctioned for violations of UN rights, conventions, xenophobia, islamic radicalism(Muslim brotherhood), terrorist support and invasion on another land, but well...
No matter how much Europe is barking on him about democracy, those Central and Western European countries are big two-faced whores, traitors and criminals as well, supporting him behind the scenes and paying him 'protection' just as one's paying to gangsters and mafia for his own 'protection', ie racketeering, so he doesn't open ramps in Turkey and "let the games begin" through Southeast Europe as they were in 2015. :|

The real question is: Can Germans leave this behind, get over or something and when exactly? The whole thing is flowing for too long.
One is sure... Özil can't change what he is - a Turk born in Germany, muslim, raised in a Turkish family full of Turkish values, has spoken Turkish all the time at home with his family, brothers and sisters, friends, spent summer vacations in Turkey with the other family members and siblings, used Germany and privileges of being born in Germany in every single aspect and in the end, opted for Germany to catch the football glory that isn't likely to happen for players in Turkey NT, otherwise there's no doubt in that that he would have chosen Turkey if they were a football squad and power like one Croatia.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Paphlagonian » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

I understand.... but is Ozil a German or a Turk?

I guess he is none, cause afaik Turks as I said further up hate him for his choice

He's neither Turk nor German. They are in purgatory. They want to live their Western lives with Eastern values. Not gonna work period.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:40 am

FCB general wrote: he would have chosen Turkey if they were a football squad and power like one Croatia.

No offense but this coming from a Croat makes it sound like pure arrogance.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby FCB general » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:45 am

Paphlagonian wrote:
FCB general wrote: he would have chosen Turkey if they were a football squad and power like one Croatia.

No offense but this coming from a Croat makes it sound like pure arrogance.

Spoiler: show
Okay, Turkey are better and more successful football nation than Croatia in those 25 years of independence, whose players and coaches are stars, icons and legends in top 8 European clubs and all of your diaspora unconditionally chooses to play for a rich and developed country and nation such as Turkey no matter how great you are or not in football.
Sorry for being 'arrogant' or more precisely being Croat coz that's what is excluding me from saying what you quoted in my previous post. #-o
After all, a Croatian player who's currently a member of Beşiktaş was raised as a footballer in a European basement, as the PSV folks said last summer. Just like all those Croats who played in 'weaker' and 'less attractive' Turkish league over the last 25 years instead of playing in Croatian basements and on mountain and valley meadows, etc. :roll:

If that means to be arrogant, then I'm guilty as charged. But I never mix arrogance with a pride and facts. Otherwise I wouldn't say a single word about anything at all, not here not anywhere else.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:14 pm

Say what you want about Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, but if I would ever become a politician for some sick reason, he'd be my role model.

Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:10 am

I think what KHR allegedly said sounds exactly right to me.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Jorge » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:54 pm

FCB general wrote:The real question is: Can Germans leave this behind, get over or something and when exactly? The whole thing is flowing for too long (...)

For the most part they have, otherwise you would be hearing similar issues with Rüdiger, Emre Can or Khedira. Khedira was actually even worse than Ozil in Russia, the German press quickly pointed out so and there is no mention of his heritage. Ozil and Gündogan put themselves on the spotlight with their actions, the initial outrage started to die out slowly but Ozil's silence shifted the attention to him and not only he remains defiance about his association with a dictator, he hasn't recognized his partial responsibility in the World Cup fiasco and what his role in the NT should be from now on and separate that from the other issue: he bundled it all together into a adolescence tantrum.

Is there racism in Germany? Of course there is, like in all countries. There are segments of the German society that are racist and there will always be. I am not an expert but my judgement tells me that Germany has come a long way when it comes to integration, diversity and tolerance and most likely is ahead of many other neighboring nations, or Turkey itself.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:45 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Brandt of all people has no reason to blame himself, was the best player in the few minutes he got, as far as I'm concerned.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team