You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
7%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
21%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 28

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Jorge » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:12 pm

Uli should keep his mouth shut on this one, obviously as a German he has the right to have an opinion, even if it is wrong (although I agree with him that Ozil should retire for sporting reasons and not because of any racial issue) but since he is a public figure and represents an institution of the German Football and a brand, it is hard to separate him from his position as an official.
Ozil contributed to the whole mess big time, he failed to issue a statement after the infamous picture while Gundo did. Ozil was already in the crosshairs of the public debate when year after year he stayed silent while his team mates sang the National Anthem, that creates a perception in many people's minds and it is absurd to deny it. Then you have the context that his effort on the field is not what many expect, again this is perception and it is absurd to deny it: in the last 4 years, and quite before the picture many of us has criticized him. It does not matter what the stats say: he comes across as a lazy player and this opinion is shared by many.
I go back to my previous post, if he would have come out today and say that he is retiring because he can't contribute to the team as in the past and he wants to open the door for a younger generation and offered himself to help the debate would have shifted in the opposite direction and his message would have been more effective with a better end result for the causes that he defends as a person.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:21 pm

MUTU wrote:Well, at least Oezil scored penalties for Germany unlike Uli who cost Germany the Euro 1976 final with his miss in the shootout.

Only partially true. Ozil set a negative record at Euro 2016 in the game vs Slovakia becoming the first German player that missed a penalty during a match, excluding shoot-outs ( a 40 year record). Then went on to miss his penalty in the shootout vs Italy even though Germany won. Not to mention his long history of missing penalties for Arsenal including one versus Bayern.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Jorge wrote:
MUTU wrote:Well, at least Oezil scored penalties for Germany unlike Uli who cost Germany the Euro 1976 final with his miss in the shootout.

Only partially true. Ozil set a negative record at Euro 2016 in the game vs Slovakia becoming the first German player that missed a penalty during a match, excluding shoot-outs ( a 40 year record). Then went on to miss his penalty in the shootout vs Italy even though Germany won. Not to mention his long history of missing penalties for Arsenal including one versus Bayern.
I remember him scoring a penalty against Italy in 2012. Forgot about his shootout miss against Italy but at least he had scored in that match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:49 pm

Here is the problem

Racism is a major accusation. People lose their jobs and people are even arrested for it. If he felt so mistreated, he should have had the discussion at the time or down the road (in another book). Roughly 1 month after poor showing is in bad taste because it seems a cop out. An attempt to overshadow poor play. He should have retired gracefully as most expected him to do anyway.

If I remember correctly after the photo with Erdogan controversy, Gundogan made statements but Ozil stayed quiet. Maybe he stayed quiet to not be a distraction. If so, he should have waited longer IMO. Walking out while claiming racism is a heated topic for Germany and German-Turks.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:28 am

It is time! Its time for Rummenigge and Hoeness to speak, I like that!

German football sucess come in much because the good management that Hoeness and Rummenigge did in Bayern from youth academy to professional football.

Forget the poetry or good words, Our boards deserve to call attention to every person that is not doing their job for german football.

People just critics the words said by Uli but do not realize the terrible acussation that Ozil did to German Society.

Thanks Uli and Rummenigge for speak!
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:32 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Oh don't get me wrong, I think Uli would say the exact same thing if the player were white.

And my point would still be the same that Uli Hoeneß is a toxic old fart who doesn't belong in Bayern.

You are fired!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby America USA » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:37 am

Ozil has brought it on himself. As Jorge said his whole demeanor when the German anthem was played really made a lot of people uneasy. Ozil never apologized after that photo scandal. At least Gundogan had the humility to do so and Can never met the Turkish tyrant.

Ozil thinks too highly of himself. Even at Arsenal he’s cribbing at his teammates when he gets brushed off the ball like he’s a toothpick and can’t defend to save his life. Goes missing when the going gets tough!

From a purely football logic I’m delighted with no Mesut. On a personal level I think this is karma for his arrogance.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:38 am

MUTU wrote:
Well, at least Oezil scored penalties for Germany unlike Uli who cost Germany the Euro 1976 final with his miss in the shootout.

I can't believe I'm sticking up for my least favourite NT player.

Uli invest recently 70 millions in Bayern youth academy for create players that consequently will benefit the german national team. So are you comparing a no one player (ozil) to a man that help to the development of a lahm, Schweinsteiger, Hummels, Muller etc... and the future german stars?

You are fired too!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:10 am

America USA wrote:Ozil has brought it on himself. As Jorge said his whole demeanor when the German anthem was played really made a lot of people uneasy. Ozil never apologized after that photo scandal. At least Gundogan had the humility to do so and Can never met the Turkish tyrant.

Ozil thinks too highly of himself. Even at Arsenal he’s cribbing at his teammates when he gets brushed off the ball like he’s a toothpick and can’t defend to save his life. Goes missing when the going gets tough!

From a purely football logic I’m delighted with no Mesut. On a personal level I think this is karma for his arrogance.

Oh really? Breitner never sang and no one said a word about it ever...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Paphlagonian » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:37 am

He choosed Germany not because he likes Germany but he believed playing for Germany will bring him more fame and fortune than playing for Turkey. I don't feel sorry for him that much. In any case Germans need to get their shit together. It's not your goddamn business who takes pictures with who. I bet they wouldn't even say a word if it wasn't with Erdoğan but was with Kim Jong-Un. Hypocrites. Don't these Europeans think for a second why Turkish people vote for Erdoğan this much? The only reason Erdoğan gets his vote is basically this; "Europeans are still the enemy of Turks... Hey look! They are getting crazy over Özil's photo with me. I told you they still hate us. So vote for me!"

By the way if Bayern wants to be that "Global Team" as they claim to be then It's presidents should stick their personal opinions in their own asses and shut up about them.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby America USA » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:17 pm

^ Freedom of speech. The old man can say whatever he wants to :roll:

And BTW, Ozil is not as big a global superstar as Messi, Ronaldo or even Neymar, so I do not understand how this will impact Bayern’s global popularity. The best way to make new overseas “fans” is to win the UCL.

However I do agree that Ozil never really liked playing for Deutschland and did so only for fame and money!

#12 wrote:Oh really? Breitner never sang and no one said a word about it ever...

Mesut always made that god awful “Why the fučk am I here?” Expression when the anthem was going on and that’s where the problem lies. It looked as if he felt the anthem was a chore or that he really was not interested in it!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:29 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:He choosed Germany not because he likes Germany but he believed playing for Germany will bring him more fame and fortune than playing for Turkey. I don't feel sorry for him that much. In any case Germans need to get their shit together. It's not your goddamn business who takes pictures with who. I bet they wouldn't even say a word if it wasn't with Erdoğan but was with Kim Jong-Un. Hypocrites. Don't these Europeans think for a second why Turkish people vote for Erdoğan this much? The only reason Erdoğan gets his vote is basically this; "Europeans are still the enemy of Turks... Hey look! They are getting crazy over Özil's photo with me. I told you they still hate us. So vote for me!"

By the way if Bayern wants to be that "Global Team" as they claim to be then It's presidents should stick their personal opinions in their own asses and shut up about them.
I understand.... but is Ozil a German or a Turk?

I guess he is none, cause afaik Turks as I said further up hate him for his choice
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:35 pm

"the Great" Lothar Matthaus has spoken:
Mesut Ozil's Germany tenure was already 'over' before retirement [source]
Jorge
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Aryagorn » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:37 pm

nvm
Aryagorn
Getting the hang of it

Postby Aryagorn » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:52 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Oh don't get me wrong, I think Uli would say the exact same thing if the player were white.

Indeed. Silly that people try to paint Uli as if he's fecking rasist.
Aryagorn
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team