You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Aryagorn » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:05 pm

Özil's agent comments for the statement Hoeness made on Özil

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Dr Sogut is understandably disappointed at the comments and has taken the opportunity to offer a stinging response to man speaking out of turn in an exclusive statement made to Goal.

He said: "The comments of Mr Hoeness miss the point completely, as they have absolutely nothing to do with football. He is trying to divert attention away from the real issue, the issue of racism and discrimination in Germany, which is resurging once again within everyday German society.

"As Mesut said in his statement, he accepts reasonable and fair criticism of his football, and deals with that as part of the job. However, Mr Hoeness cannot even provide any actual evidence to back up his foolish statements that are clearly exaggerated. In this case, the stats are clear. Twenty-three goals, 40 assists - which is a German record - and five-time German player of the year - three of which come after 2014.

"He claims that Mesut has been a 'ghost' for years, but what 'ghost' wins all these awards and has this much success? Mesut created more chances in the 2018 World Cup per 90 minutes than any other player, but, of course, he singles him out for criticism. As the president of Bayern Munich is it not best to focus on the performance of his own players seeing as eight of the Germany team play for the club.

"If Mesut is such a bad player, what does this say about his opinion on Joachim Low, Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho? These are three elite managers who praise Mesut as one of the best in his position. It is laughable that he thinks he is more qualified to judge footballing abilities than these people, with fabricated statistics.

"It is obvious that his comment about Mesut not making any tackles is completely made up and false. But, just so everyone knows, in both the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Euros, Mesut won over 65 per cent of duels per game, moreover he was the most important player in the games against France and Italy in 2016, again making a complete mockery of his ludicrous comments.

"The facts speak for themselves and anyway who is he to speak about Mesut in this way? These lies are cheap, stereotypical and baseless comments - made without any foundations - that allow hurtful news to spread.

"Mr Hoeness, we will not waste any more time or energy talking about a subject clearly you know nothing about. Not only are you a disgrace to yourself, but also and more importantly a shame to Bayern Munich and the people of Germany."

Ozil's agent attacked the racism and discrimination his client has received from all angles this summer and claims the Bayern chief can't face "the uncomfortable truth" that criticism of the Arsenal playmaker in Germany is tied to his ethnicity and religion.

"Hoeness has very conveniently attempted to direct the conversation to football," Dr Sogut added. "You will have noticed that Mesut’s statement did not place great focus on football and anyway he accepts football-related criticism. The real issue is that which was previously mentioned – the resurgence of the racism and indiscriminate scapegoating he has been subjected to.

"He has shown the courage and bravery to speak up for all of those who are unfairly treated in Germany. Immigrants, Muslims and more. These are people he does not represent. Hoeness is clearly one of those people who is not able to face the issues that are in front of him, and is the one hiding behind false stats.

"Hoeness is no better than the people Mesut mentioned in his statement, as he has purposefully ignored this wider point. And has done so on purpose. Hoeness knows what he is doing. Issuing crazy comments about Mesut’s football, he thinks, it will create a big reaction and will cover the real issue.

"The issue he and many in Germany are scared to confront, an issue he would prefer to sweep under the carpet because he can’t face the uncomfortable truth. He shows the depth of his character and his true personality by ignoring this and making idiotic comments about football.

"Well, I will not let him succeed. Mesut has given everything for Germany on and off the pitch - contributed more to the country than he could ever dream of."
Aryagorn
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:11 pm

LOL @the racism card.
Why are not the others targeted?- cause they do their best unlike you Herr Oezil

Oezil face the truth... you are finished... you have been so since you signed for Arsenal when Real dumped you.
Util then he was the prime source of assists to Ronaldo...
After that a big black hole...
Zero commitment
Zero enthusiasm
Just Zero
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:17 pm

Oh don't get me wrong, I think Uli would say the exact same thing if the player were white.

And my point would still be the same that Uli Hoeneß is a toxic old fart who doesn't belong in Bayern.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:20 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
icewizard wrote:Don't tell me Uli is more German than Özil...

As far as i know, it wasn't Özil who tried to con the Federal Central Tax Office (which is actually money owned to all Germans)...
I don't know if this was referring to my last post, if it was the case I was referring to the fact that Uli is German so he has all rights to criticize the players representing him at international level.

Criticising is one thing; that full-scathed attack is another thing, especially that part about Arsenal which was only meant to humiliate him, certainly not constructive criticism.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:23 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
icewizard wrote:Don't tell me Uli is more German than Özil...

As far as i know, it wasn't Özil who tried to con the Federal Central Tax Office (which is actually money owned to all Germans)...
I don't know if this was referring to my last post, if it was the case I was referring to the fact that Uli is German so he has all rights to criticize the players representing him at international level.

Criticising is one thing; that full-scathed attack is another thing, especially that part about Arsenal which was only meant to humiliate him, certainly not constructive criticism.
That is Uli , he is not a hypocrite.
He is old school- which I like and the today's politically correct ...
You either love him or you hate him.
I am the former.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:24 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Cacau
Odonkor
Gerald Asamoah
Never had problems plus they used to sing the German Nat Anthem.
This thing has been long coming, finally the bubble was burst.
Uli was not bothered by the singing of the national team or that he didn't try hard enough for Die Mannschaft. By mentioning Arsenal he fully confirmed his opinion that Oezil lacks quality. The singing of the national team has as much relevance in this as to whether he uses gel or wax for his hair.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:33 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:That is Uli , he is not a hypocrite.
He is old school- which I like and the today's politically correct ...
You either love him or you hate him.
I am the former.

What is there to love? He is a thug wearing a tie. If he is truly being honest about Oezil and duels, then he is both blind and prejudiced. If he was exaggerated for effect, then he's a major asshole who's also prejudiced. You don't go to public with made up stats that are so obviously wrong. Even Trump is more careful with his statistical lies. The Hoeness stat reeks of extreme bias and continues to play right into the hand of Oezil's racist card.

No, Hoeness should not retire; rather, he should be fired by Bayern so we distance ourselves from the comments that hurt our club. It's not the first time he's damaged the club's reputation anyway.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:38 pm

What are the chances that the new President will remove Loew from his duties?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:43 pm

ramsej84 wrote:What are the chances that the new President will remove Loew from his duties?

What are the chances Bayern get a new president?

I vote for Lahm if that happens.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:What are the chances that the new President will remove Loew from his duties?

What are the chances Bayern get a new president?

I vote for Lahm if that happens.
So you are happy with Loew?
Well...

For me one is down... next is Gundo and then Loew
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Uli's comments

- bad for FC Bayern
- fair for former NT player

Germany (for better & worse) is a nation in transition and people from the current/old school react this way to social political issues like "race cards". It might be hard to fully understand for people with little experience in Germany and/or with German culture but it was not too long ago the epitome of no bullshit no excuses. This was a people of engineering. Point A to Point B in the best means possible.

Today the term "best" is being redefined to for example fairest and nicest. Point A to Point B but in a very inclusive way. German people and culture will most struggle with this new changing Western Civilization.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:12 pm

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:Uli's comments

- bad for FC Bayern
- fair for former NT player

Germany (for better & worse) is a nation in transition and people from the current/old school react this way to social political issues like "race cards". It might be hard to fully understand for people with little experience in Germany and/or with German culture but it was not too long ago the epitome of no bullshit no excuses. This was a people of engineering. Point A to Point B in the best means possible.

Today the term "best" is being redefined to for example fairest and nicest. Point A to Point B but in a very inclusive way. German people and culture will most struggle with this new changing Western Civilization.
Well, at least Oezil scored penalties for Germany unlike Uli who cost Germany the Euro 1976 final with his miss in the shootout.

I can't believe I'm sticking up for my least favourite NT player.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:24 pm

ramsej84 wrote:After reading his letter.

As if it is the football Pres who goes onto the pitch and play !

He is playing the racist card ; poor boy... why I am not surprised? If he is so keen on his heritage he shouldn't have betrayed it by choosing money and fame over it.
He should have retired before the world cup.
Then the comparison with Poldi and Miro...
How low... first of all they were born in German lamd which was taken from Germany in given to Poland, secondly they never turned their back to the country that they represented.

I just hope that he sticks to his words cause I am already seeing Merkel crying at his feet imploring him not to retire.

Crocodile tears

You seriously have NO IDEA about this country or who and how Merkel actually is...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Özil was not singled out for his ancestry and heritage, but for being a dumbass, for his actions!!
So it’s nothing but a cheap excuse... That said there is some truth to his words, but seriously, he was not singled out for his origin, but for his bullshit with Erdogan... Khedira was shit too - but no one singled him out... How come?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:37 pm

MUTU wrote:I can't believe I'm sticking up for my least favourite NT player.

Seriously. People are missing the point.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team