You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
33%

Total votes : 33

Re: General German national team thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:The photo with Erdoğan was stupid, no doubt about that. But Özil may have dealt with the fiasco in the best way one could possibly imagine, seriously unreal PR. Wonder how long and how many people it took to figure this out.

I'm not the biggest fan of his style, but Özil may have produced one last stroke of genius worthy of the best playmaker in German history. He made the best use of the momentum from Kalle's very recent complaints as well.

Retirement statement:
Spoiler: show

End result:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
It is honestly ridiculous how this whole affair, which was pretty minor to begin with, was allowed to reach thesr stupid conclusions. My sympathies go to Özil.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby icewizard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48 am

Supporting Mesut in this affair. If he had some bad games, they shouldn't use what happened with Erdogan to single him out.

Grindel had to get off...

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:38 am

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 52032?s=19

Thanks...

finally he made the right decision.

The moment he left Real he was finished.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:58 am

After reading his letter.

As if it is the football Pres who goes onto the pitch and play !

He is playing the racist card ; poor boy... why I am not surprised? If he is so keen on his heritage he shouldn't have betrayed it by choosing money and fame over it.
He should have retired before the world cup.
Then the comparison with Poldi and Miro...
How low... first of all they were born in German lamd which was taken from Germany in given to Poland, secondly they never turned their back to the country that they represented.

I just hope that he sticks to his words cause I am already seeing Merkel crying at his feet imploring him not to retire.

Crocodile tears
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Aryagorn » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:08 am

Aryagorn
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby icewizard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 am

ramsej84 wrote:As if it is the football Pres who goes onto the pitch and play !

the football president is a representative of the federation, and of the country as it is a national sports federation. And Grindel was a crap one. No wonder the ex-DFB press spokesman Harald Stenger said what he said.

ramsej84 wrote:He is playing the racist card ; poor boy... why I am not surprised? If he is so keen on his heritage he shouldn't have betrayed it by choosing money and fame over it.

It's easier today to have people with links to multiple countries. What's wrong with that? I think it's possible to love more than one country, especially if we belong to it. I love France, i love Iraq, i even love Germany and Canada, and would be glad and honored to have all 4 citizenships, all while being a muslim citizen. Still, living in France, i see and feel the ambient islamophobia.
He is not playing the "racist card", it's true that he was treated differently. Even here we were talking about the meeting affecting his performances...

ramsej84 wrote:He should have retired before the world cup.

Why would he? He never faced any problem before.

ramsej84 wrote:Then the comparison with Poldi and Miro...
How low... first of all they were born in German lamd which was taken from Germany in given to Poland, secondly they never turned their back to the country that they represented.

Even when Podolski was playing shit, never was he singled out because of his ancestry. That was a low point.

ramsej84 wrote:I just hope that he sticks to his words cause I am already seeing Merkel crying at his feet imploring him not to retire.
Crocodile tears

I see we aggree a lot on a lot of issues dear ramsej and i think we will still do in the future. I try to not prejudge you as others may do on this website. But i had to reply to that post.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby icewizard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:39 am

Hoeness being involved is just bad. If Özil was not good enough, it was up to Löw not to select him.

Strangely enough (not!), he didn't say a word about Thomas... As if he's fair in his analysis of the situation.

I like both players, and i'm confident they'll jump back on track... But those answers (if they're true) from Hoeness are bad.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:40 am

He had the chance to apologize but he did not do it.
He was used by Erdogan...

Football wise he was not performing either.

Germany has other Muslims (Khedira, Mustafi come to mind) playing for the NT. They had no problems...

Even players with African ancestry (although unfortunately Boa did at some point)

Oezil and Gundo were booed in the friendly matches... so there was something really really bad in what they didn

P.S I appreciate your comment about me.
Thanks
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:09 am

In recent years I have disagreed a lot with Uli and I wish he would step down from Bayern like Ozil stepped down from the NT, but in these comments he is 100% right and I'm glad someone wasn't afraid to say so publicly.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:22 am

He is correct, but it is still a “targeted” comment. Ozil was definitely crap this past World Cup, but so were the rest of his teammates. Thomas Muller was the crappiest of them all, and yet not a mention of his name ever since. Ozil is still being scapegoated for taking an ill-timed photo. It is what it is. He is not whining, and he doesn’t deserve to, but he is just highlighting the kind of discrimination he’s been dealing with ever since. And the fact that he’s been having minimal support from the NT “family” is scapegoating to me.

Sporting-wise, I agree that he should not be a member of the NT until he can prove his worth on the field. Though, the same applies to MANY others including some of our own.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:38 am

Wow, Uli is a prick. Get the fuck out from Bayern.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:56 am

I don't want to look like I firmly turned "#UliOut" simply because of Ozil of all people, so let me break this down.

-Professionalism
Or lack of, given those comments were made while representing a supposedly inclusive and family club like Bayern. If you question this you're a moron.

-Footballing sense
He also seems to be firmly in the crowd of many people who believe in the myth that "Ozil disappears in big games", or "all Ozil does is make a few good passes per game". That's a saddening opinion on football. Ozil is not lazy, he does not disappear, ever - only in the past couple of months where he has actually declined in quality. I question the footballing mind of whoever has this line of thinking. I'm not a fan of having Ozil in my team because it limits the team's playstyle. However ability-wise Ozil is brilliant.

The "we target Ozil" remark is also bullshit, I'd like to hear that from Pep or Ancelotti. I'm fairly certain Pep wouldn't think that because our approaches against Arsenal were described in detail in both books about Pep's time in Bayern.

-Agenda
He seems to be friends with, or at least have common interest with Grindel to be that impulsive in his comments. What else do I need to say about someone like that? Even Kalle thinks he's a moron.

His comments or not, they showed that Uli is the above type of person I just described. A type of person that shouldn't be anywhere near Bayern. I hope Kalle kicks him out of the club.
Last edited by Dumbledore7 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:57 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Wow, Uli is a prick. Get the **** out from Bayern.
I agree. What the eff does Özil have to do with Bayern for Hoeneß to open his big mouth? Completely out of place comment. Stfu!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:03 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Wow, Uli is a prick.

*NOW* you've noticed? He can really be an asshole and he relishes in this. He's done it since forever. I hoped the time in prison would have calmed him down, and it did temporarily, but he's back with full force now.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:12 pm

MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Wow, Uli is a prick.

*NOW* you've noticed? He can really be an asshole and he relishes in this. He's done it since forever. I hoped the time in prison would have calmed him down, and it did temporarily, but he's back with full force now.

Well, most definitely, but what we have generally observed are not much more than "political" remarks, the kind of attacks or abbrasive statements that politicians tend to make. This is a downright personal attack while representing Bayern. At the very least it's a stupid PR move.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team