You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby America USA » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:21 am

Coach wants to “fulfill his contractuntil . . .

Now where have I heard that before?

Spoiler: show
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:37 pm

He's going to start with a bang at the Alliaz Arena. Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:40 pm

0 pts ...

4-0 vs France...
Mbappe x2
Griezmann x2

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:He's going to start with a bang at the Alliaz Arena. Image

Yep, we have a match thread already :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:01 pm

MUTU wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:He's going to start with a bang at the Alliaz Arena. Image

Yep, we have a match thread already :)
Yes I saw that don't worry. It's not just the 1st match but showing all 4 of them

Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby RB624 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

First debacle will be in that uefa league

Maybe. Or maybe they'll win the thing, and maybe even Euro, and maybe even the next Confederations, and then they'll come to another World Cup unprepared.

He coached them to Confederations Cup title and a perfect record in WC qualifying, setting a new goals record, and look what the team did in Russia. So, basically, we won't have any idea how the team is progressing until Qatar. Nothing that comes before it will prove anything. Low has the ability to screw everything up at a moment's notice.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:39 pm

RB624 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Maybe. Or maybe they'll win the thing, and maybe even Euro, and maybe even the next Confederations, and then they'll come to another World Cup unprepared.

He coached them to Confederations Cup title and a perfect record in WC qualifying, setting a new goals record, and look what the team did in Russia. So, basically, we won't have any idea how the team is progressing until Qatar. Nothing that comes before it will prove anything. Low has the ability to screw everything up at a moment's notice.

I get your point and I agree Löw is an idiot who should be shown the door but if Germany wins Euro 2020 as well as the Euro League then I’ll be somewhat less disappointed with a catastrophic World Cup.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:40 pm

America USA wrote:
RB624 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:[quote="RedQueen"] Can't see tweet? Click here!

I get your point and I agree Löw is an idiot who should be shown the door but if Germany wins Euro 2020 as well as the Euro League then I’ll be somewhat less disappointed with a catastrophic World Cup.[/quote]You are a real dreamer [WHITE SMILING FACE]

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:21 pm

America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:06 pm

I still cannot get over how they messed up this one big time and the repercussions on how the once constant Germany team will be viewed from now onwards and how they've given a lifeline to others to grow bigger than them.
England are breaking one stereotype after another - playing with enthusiasm instead of names, that quote from Lineker about football being played by 22 men but in the end Germany win, the penalties hurdle and finally seem to set on redeeming the damn Three Lions song which Germans had taken it for themselves, you'll even find it in every Germany World Cup CD;
Why I’m glad the Germans are singing my Three Lions

Below Klinsmann singing the song on the Frankfurt townhall balcony soon after the 1996 EC triumph in England

Below even the BBC had given up on it and used it in this feature about the Germany team's return to Berlin

It's incredible how in just 4 years England is doing a Germany even when it comes the sharp dressed Southgate. I already mentioned in another post about their media's obsession with doing it like Germany as soon as WC2014 was over.

In the meantime for me it looks like the world has turned upside down.
Germany on the other hand seem to be intent on doing everything the opposite way in everything.
They say the devil is in the detail. For example there was one detail about Löw on the sidelines, this World Cup which was remarkably different this time round and was really bugging me. Anyone else noticed how from the well dressed guy (who even the S. Korean manager copies and got his nickname of Asian Löw), our Löw didn't even seem to bother anymore about this and was there with that skinny shirt and his hair looking like in need of a good haircut. It looks like he didn't even bother about himself....I don't know where it goes from here but I am hoping that either he learnt from this or the succession will be eventually done in a planned manner when there is a suitable replacement.
WC2014
WC2018
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby RB624 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:24 pm

Bayernbazi wrote: England are breaking one stereotype after another...

...It's incredible how in just 4 years England is doing a Germany even when it comes the sharp dressed Southgate. I already mentioned in another post about their media's obsession with doing it like Germany as soon as WC2014 was over.

In the meantime for me it looks like the world has turned upside down...

It's too early to say any of that. If England loses to Sweden, the country will wake up and realize they're no further than they were in 2002-2006.

On the other hand, if they beat Sweden, then it will all be true. :lol:

Except not really. It really shows you that the sport at this level is a game of inches and a game of luck - luck of the draw, luck of the ref, luck of circumstances. Sometimes the luck is with you and sometimes against you. The Colombian doesn't hit the bar with his penalty, and who knows what ends up happening. Lampard's 2010 goal against Germany isn't disallowed, and who knows what ends up happening.

I'm as guilty as anyone else in judging teams by how far they progress in tournaments...but at the same time I know that's often not a fair assessment.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Read reports that Kroos is considering retirement whereas Boateng wants to continue. [-X

Of the 2010-12 batch Kroos, Neuer, Hummels, Reus and maybe Müller are the only ones I’ll be taking forward keeping Euro 2020 in mind. And even these five guys must earn a spot in the squad with consistent performances throughout the season. No one should be selected on reputation alone!

Outside of those five the talent pool with the National Team is not bad at all!

Goalkeepers: Ter Stegen, Trapp, Leno, Horn, Fährmann
CBs: Süle, Tah, Rudiger, Vogt, Kempf, Orban, Mustafi, Ginter, (Mai)
DM: Can, Weigl, Rudy, Jung, Kohr and Süle (?)
CM: Goretzka, Meyer, Dahoud, Arnold, Sven Bender and Kimmich (?)
RB: Kimmich, Weiser, Klostermann
LB: Max (Augsburg), Plattenhardt, Toljan
Wingers: Brandt, Gnabry, Sane, Philipp (Dortmund), Amiri, Havertz and Werner (?)
AM and/or SS: Götze, Stindl, Demirbay, Volland and Petersen
CF: Werner, Selke, Uth, and possibly Volland or Gnabry.

The quality is there but Löw needs to get his head outta the sand and must change the teams’ approach and formations in the future!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:14 pm

America USA wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/status/1014075171915878404

Favoritism #-o :evil: ](*,)

ALL that we said... all ...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:17 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:I still cannot get over how they messed up this one big time and the repercussions on how the once constant Germany team will be viewed from now onwards and how they've given a lifeline to others to grow bigger than them.
England are breaking one stereotype after another - playing with enthusiasm instead of names, that quote from Lineker about football being played by 22 men but in the end Germany win, the penalties hurdle and finally seem to set on redeeming the damn Three Lions song which Germans had taken it for themselves, you'll even find it in every Germany World Cup CD;
Why I’m glad the Germans are singing my Three Lions

Below Klinsmann singing the song on the Frankfurt townhall balcony soon after the 1996 EC triumph in England

Below even the BBC had given up on it and used it in this feature about the Germany team's return to Berlin

It's incredible how in just 4 years England is doing a Germany even when it comes the sharp dressed Southgate. I already mentioned in another post about their media's obsession with doing it like Germany as soon as WC2014 was over.

In the meantime for me it looks like the world has turned upside down.
Germany on the other hand seem to be intent on doing everything the opposite way in everything.
They say the devil is in the detail. For example there was one detail about Löw on the sidelines, this World Cup which was remarkably different this time round and was really bugging me. Anyone else noticed how from the well dressed guy (who even the S. Korean manager copies and got his nickname of Asian Löw), our Löw didn't even seem to bother anymore about this and was there with that skinny shirt and his hair looking like in need of a good haircut. It looks like he didn't even bother about himself....I don't know where it goes from here but I am hoping that either he learnt from this or the succession will be eventually done in a planned manner when there is a suitable replacement.
WC2014
WC2018

exactly ... I had the same thought about how Loew dressed up as well
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:30 pm

To make my day worse, soon after I found this article to explain that the most important line from the song is not

JEWELS REMAIN STILL GLEAMING

They think they won jewels

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/theres- ... nds-187854

Bayernbazi
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team