You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:44 pm

Outis wrote:I remember after Mexico game I told my wife "I'm curious, if Germany don't pass group stage, will Löw be fired?" and she replied "In Germany things are not done like in Brazil, I don't think they will". I thought not passing group stage will be a really big thing and maybe this time things will be done differently, so I was really curious. Who knew that I'll get the oportunity to find it out...

I might have the unpopular opinion but I think he should not be fired. If he wants to stay and has ideas, he should be given the opportunity to make it better. If at Euro 2020 he fails again I think he'll leave himself. By that time surely a successor will be available.

I think similar to RedQueen, firing him now would only serve sole purpose of punishing him. Many German ex-footballers/coaches think Löw should stay (except maybe Ballack :mrgreen: ) ... even Kovač said the same, that he should stay.

It might be only my impression but I like this German mentality of not making rash decissions, of being calm and rational, and look for solutions to a problem rather than someone to blame it on. Yes, being eliminated in the first round for the first time since 1938 is a really big thing, but rash decissions and rolling heads won't automatically make it better.
You have a point, but it is not as Loew was appointed head coach two years ago...

The change is needed...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RB624 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:49 pm

RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:42 pm

Nobody answered to my coach suggestion...
I know miro just signed a contract with Bayern youths but I think that it can be done

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RB624 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:28 am

It would be funny if they signed Fatih Terim.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:51 am

Klinsmann took over a worse German team? Ok I agree those were dark times but Klinsmann took over a team that finished as runners up in the previous tournament.

This is absolutely the worst Germany has ever done at a World Cup in eternity! Most people alive today weren’t even born in 1938. This is a monumental disaster and there is no sugarcoating that bitter reality!

Löw is 100% responsible for this debacle because:

1. He is the one who selected the squad. Leaving out Wagner, not selecting a single proper decent defensive midfielder and taking freshly injured players without match practice. All his decisions.

2. Favoritism. Possibly Löw’s biggest Screw up. His obstinacy to stick with his tried and tested players blew up in his face big time. Özil, Khedira, Muller and Boateng should be phased out from the NT and even Hummels, Neuer and Kroos should be put on notice. No one plays on reputation alone.

One of the things I always admired about the German team was that there was no superstar culture and big name obsession. You could have any player fit into the German machine and then they would do the job as well as the guy they come in for! Team spirit was key and the sum was greater than its parts!

This time all those things were blown to smithereens by Löw’s favoritism :evil:
Despite Khedira and Ozil flopping massively against Mexico they were still Selected to play against the Koreans in a must win game.

3. Stubbornness. Löw’s rigidity to play a 4231 was ](*,) If he wanted the full backs to constantly bombs forwards then why not play a back three for more security. Why not try a 442 with two strikers up front to confuse and unlock parked buses? Why not go with a three man midfield with a proper defensive midfielder (Rudy) to get the job done?

If he wanted Kimmich to send in countless crosses into the opponents box then why play Werner instead of Gomez as the CF?! And he didn’t learn from his mistakes in any game and kept doing the same thing again and again and again!

He made an inexperienced team play direct vertical football last year but this tournament he went full Spain 2010-14. The passive sideway and backward passing. There were so many times when a forward vertically placed pass could’ve created a goal scoring opportunity but instead the players elected to be less proactive and passed the ball sidewards or backwards #-o These were all his tactics! And the blame lies 100% on the coach!

Then there’s his rigidity with continuing with Muller on the Right and stupidity with playing a central midfielder on the right.

All pathetic tactics which made the team predictable and useless.

4. Arrogance

His arrogance to keep doing what he believed to be right and failing to see reality reminded me so much of Wenger during his second decade at Arsenal!

Arrogance in doing the same thing time and again and then expecting different results. Arrogance in playing guys out of position and then expecting it to be a masterclass.

Every decision he made before and during this competition is totally his responsibility and all of those decisions have gone wrong!

This German team had enough quality to reach the QF AT LEAST! The fact that Germany has gone out of the Group Stage and bottom of the Group is all because of Joachim Löw :x
Last edited by America USA on Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:32 am

ramsej84 wrote:Nobody answered to my coach suggestion...
I know miro just signed a contract with Bayern youths but I think that it can be done

Imagine the following lineups with Jupp as the boss:

8)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby RedQueen » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:04 am

Outis wrote:...firing him now would only serve sole purpose of punishing him.

Yes, guess that's what I was trying to say by stating he doesn't deserve to be fired. He has achieved far too much to deserve to be fired. Especially as imo he definitely isn't the only one at fault.

Besides, or rather: what's more important, as long as there isn't anyone more suitable available, we'd punish ourselves and the team more than we punish him.

@America USA: I didn't say Klinsmann inherited a worse team, I said Klinsmann took over when German football was in a worse state. Big difference. Klinsmann did a lot more than just coach the team, and I have to admit it sometimes angers me when he's being given so much shit in this forum. Yes, he did a bad job when it comes to coaching at Bayern, but I firmly believe we would have never made it in 2014 without the changes he forced through 10 years earlier. And even at Bayern off the pitch he achieved more than many are willing to give him credit for. (BTW the USMNT did what you suggested we do with Löw and fired him; what good has it done them, replacing him with Arena?)

@ramsej: Miro Klose doesn't even has his Fussballlehrer-license. He can't take over the national team.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:15 am

RedQueen wrote:
Outis wrote:...firing him now would only serve sole purpose of punishing him.

Yes, guess that's what I was trying to say by stating he doesn't deserve to be fired. He has achieved far too much to deserve to be fired. Especially as imo he definitely isn't the only one at fault.

Besides, or rather: what's more important, as long as there isn't anyone more suitable available, we'd punish ourselves and the team more than we punish him.

@America USA: I didn't say Klinsmann inherited a worse team, I said Klinsmann took over when German football was in a worse state. Big difference. Klinsmann did a lot more than just coach the team, and I have to admit it sometimes angers me when he's being given so much shit in this forum. Yes, he did a bad job when it comes to coaching at Bayern, but I firmly believe we would have never made it in 2014 without the changes he forced through 10 years earlier. And even at Bayern off the pitch he achieved more than many are willing to give him credit for. (BTW the USMNT did what you suggested we do with Löw and fired him; what good has it done them, replacing him with Arena?)

@ramsej: Miro Klose doesn't even has his Fussballlehrer-license. He can't take over the national team.

RE Miro, so he only completed up until the youths?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:18 am

I just looked it up; he has the A-license, so he's allowed to coach all youth teams and senior teams up to the 3rd division.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:36 am

America USA wrote:Klinsmann took over a worse German team? Ok I agree those were dark times but Klinsmann took over a team that finished as runners up in the previous tournament.

This is absolutely the worst Germany has ever done at a World Cup in eternity! Most people alive today weren’t even born in 1938. This is a monumental disaster and there is no sugarcoating that bitter reality!

Löw is 100% responsible for this debacle because:

1. He is the one who selected the squad. Leaving out Wagner, not selecting a single proper decent defensive midfielder and taking freshly injured players without match practice. All his decisions.

2. Favoritism. Possibly Löw’s biggest Screw up. His obstinacy to stick with his tried and tested players blew up in his face big time. Özil, Khedira, Muller and Boateng should be phased out from the NT and even Hummels, Neuer and Kroos should be put on notice. No one plays on reputation alone.

One of the things I always admired about the German team was that there was no superstar culture and big name obsession. You could have any player fit into the German machine and then they would do the job as well as the guy they come in for! Team spirit was key and the sum was greater than its parts!

This time all those things were blown to smithereens by Löw’s favoritism :evil:
Despite Khedira and Ozil flopping massively against Mexico they were still Selected to play against the Koreans in a must win game.

3. Stubbornness. Löw’s rigidity to play a 4231 was ](*,) If he wanted the full backs to constantly bombs forwards then why not play a back three for more security. Why not try a 442 with two strikers up front to confuse and unlock parked buses? Why not go with a three man midfield with a proper defensive midfielder (Rudy) to get the job done?

If he wanted Kimmich to send in countless crosses into the opponents box then why play Werner instead of Gomez as the CF?! And he didn’t learn from his mistakes in any game and kept doing the same thing again and again and again!

He made an inexperienced team play direct vertical football last year but this tournament he went full Spain 2010-14. The passive sideway and backward passing. There were so many times when a forward vertically placed pass could’ve created a goal scoring opportunity but instead the players elected to be less proactive and passed the ball sidewards or backwards #-o These were all his tactics! And the blame lies 100% on the coach!

Then there’s his rigidity with continuing with Muller on the Right and stupidity with playing a central midfielder on the right.

All pathetic tactics which made the team predictable and useless.

4. Arrogance

His arrogance to keep doing what he believed to be right and failing to see reality reminded me so much of Wenger during his second decade at Arsenal!

Arrogance in doing the same thing time and again and then expecting different results. Arrogance in playing guys out of position and then expecting it to be a masterclass.

Every decision he made before and during this competition is totally his responsibility and all of those decisions have gone wrong!

This German team had enough quality to reach the QF AT LEAST! The fact that Germany has gone out of the Group Stage and bottom of the Group is all because of Joachim Löw :x

No, Klinsmann took over after a Euro group stage exit with Völler's Rumpeltruppe... We definitely have more quality all over Germany nowadays though...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:46 am

IMO...
Germany only lacks strikers....

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:16 pm

Just played world cup on fifa18
Ger 5 - 1 Arg
Muller x3
Bradt. x2
Werner made two assistsImage

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RB624 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:13 pm

America USA wrote:This is absolutely the worst Germany has ever done at a World Cup in eternity! Most people alive today weren’t even born in 1938. This is a monumental disaster and there is no sugarcoating that bitter reality!

And actually this was worse than 1938 anyway. In 1938 they at least reached the final 16, as the tournament involved 15 teams. And Switzerland didn't knock them out in one match. The first match was a draw, and then Switzerland won the replay.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby America USA » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Good thing that these losers have not uploaded any YouTube videos since that embarrassing defeat at the hands of South Korea. Enough of these publicity stunts and focus on football!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby tflags » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:31 pm

RB624 wrote:
America USA wrote:This is absolutely the worst Germany has ever done at a World Cup in eternity! Most people alive today weren’t even born in 1938. This is a monumental disaster and there is no sugarcoating that bitter reality!

And actually this was worse than 1938 anyway. In 1938 they at least reached the final 16, as the tournament involved 15 teams. And Switzerland didn't knock them out in one match. The first match was a draw, and then Switzerland won the replay.

From what I read it was a straight knockout tournament with very few participating teams. Not really a group stage in that Cup. I'm not sure it is a fair comparison.
tflags

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team