You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
7%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
21%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 28

Re: General German national team thread

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:06 pm

I
RedQueen wrote:He won't be sacked. You obviously know very little about the DFB.

What happens with Löw is his choice. He either resigns, or he stays.
If he is a man he will resign, let's wait and see...
Tbh I have my doubts cause he is not a man...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:59 pm

So what is he then, a woman? Pardon me, but I hate that kind of macho talk.

I'm not even sure it would be best if he resigns. I can't see a suitable replacement. They don't seem to have a plan B. If they're gonna promote Scheider and/or Sorg, I'd rather stick with Löw. The same goes for Kuntz.

Who else is there? They're not getting the likes of Tuchel and Klopp, even if we disregard that little problem that they are under contract with CL clubs. It's not what I would call a dream job, being scrutinized by 82 million Bundestrainers day in, day out, who know everything better. Red carpet appearances every other month. All the political circus with Merkel trying to abuse the National Team as a propaganda tool at every opportunity. At the same time, you're battling the political right complete with the racists who want only "bio-Germans" in the team. And God forbid anyone doesn't sing the Anthem! And it isn't exactly exceptionally well paid, either. Not by the standards top coaches are used to.

Media in Germany are coming up with the most bizarre suggestions. Van Gaal, Wenger, Hasenhüttl (as if the DFB would appoint a foreigner!), even Hitzfeld and Heynckes. All retirees except for Hasenhüttl. So that's going to be the overhaul?

We'd need a Klinsmann v2.0, someone with a vision who really shakes things up and has the energy and persistence to push his ideas through. It might be even more difficult than what Klinsmann faced, because we're not at the low point we were at when Klinsmann took over. I can't see a new Klinsmann anywhere.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RB624 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:16 pm

I've wanted him out since he picked Trochowski over Kroos in the 2010 SF.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:51 pm

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 05280?s=19

A poll about JL 's future

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:59 pm

RedQueen wrote:So what is he then, a woman? Pardon me, but I hate that kind of macho talk.

I'm not even sure it would be best if he resigns. I can't see a suitable replacement. They don't seem to have a plan B. If they're gonna promote Scheider and/or Sorg, I'd rather stick with Löw. The same goes for Kuntz.

Who else is there? They're not getting the likes of Tuchel and Klopp, even if we disregard that little problem that they are under contract with CL clubs. It's not what I would call a dream job, being scrutinized by 82 million Bundestrainers day in, day out, who know everything better. Red carpet appearances every other month. All the political circus with Merkel trying to abuse the National Team as a propaganda tool at every opportunity. At the same time, you're battling the political right complete with the racists who want only "bio-Germans" in the team. And God forbid anyone doesn't sing the Anthem! And it isn't exactly exceptionally well paid, either. Not by the standards top coaches are used to.

Media in Germany are coming up with the most bizarre suggestions. Van Gaal, Wenger, Hasenhüttl (as if the DFB would appoint a foreigner!), even Hitzfeld and Heynckes. All retirees except for Hasenhüttl. So that's going to be the overhaul?

We'd need a Klinsmann v2.0, someone with a vision who really shakes things up and has the energy and persistence to push his ideas through. It might be even more difficult than what Klinsmann faced, because we're not at the low point we were at when Klinsmann took over. I can't see a new Klinsmann anywhere.
Miroslav Klose

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:40 pm

RedQueen wrote:He won't be sacked. You obviously know very little about the DFB.

What incompetent, inept and impotent bunch of sissies the Germans have become! ](*,)

EDIT: BTW, I too have seen Heynckes name being thrown around. TBH he would make a badass national coach because he would have too quality wingers at his disposal!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:58 pm

America USA wrote:

What incompetent, inept and impotent bunch of sissies the Germans have become! ](*,)

That is a very peculiar interpretation. I think he earned the right to make that decision himself given the role he played for Germany. Ahead of this WC, he was the most successful manager the national team ever had. Not only that, he and Klinsmann played a major part in resurrecting the national team from the slump in the early 2000s (I recommend reading Honigsteins "Das Reboot" on that subject, if you haven't already). It has something to do with respect; the same reason Klopp wasn't sacked in Dortmund but left the choice to stay or leave himself.

I much prefer that policy to the English who change their managers like their underwear.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RB624 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:25 pm

RedQueen wrote: I think he earned the right to make that decision himself given the role he played for Germany. Ahead of this WC, he was the most successful manager the national team ever had. Not only that, he and Klinsmann played a major part in resurrecting the national team from the slump in the early 2000s (I recommend reading Honigsteins "Das Reboot" on that subject, if you haven't already). It has something to do with respect...

No one earns the right to be more important than the team, not even Fritz or Franz.

I read the book. Yes, Jogi helped rid the dinosaurs. So now that he's becoming one himself, he's protected?

Respect is putting the good of the team ahead of one's ego.

Arguing that he's still the best option is one thing, as there's no way to prove or disprove it. But arguing that he should be allowed to stay for the reasons you listed above? Laughable.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:37 pm

I really want to say something but I fear for my skin...

you have a choice , we want kill you but we are giving you a gun, you can do it yourself

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:10 pm

America USA wrote:

EDIT: BTW, I too have seen Heynckes name being thrown around. TBH he would make a badass national coach because he would have too quality wingers at his disposal!

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with your head?

I would shut the fuck up with generalizations when my president is a fucking moron! Think before you post, will ya?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:14 pm

RedQueen wrote:
America USA wrote:

That is a very peculiar interpretation. I think he earned the right to make that decision himself given the role he played for Germany. Ahead of this WC, he was the most successful manager the national team ever had. Not only that, he and Klinsmann played a major part in resurrecting the national team from the slump in the early 2000s (I recommend reading Honigsteins "Das Reboot" on that subject, if you haven't already). It has something to do with respect; the same reason Klopp wasn't sacked in Dortmund but left the choice to stay or leave himself.

I much prefer that policy to the English who change their managers like their underwear.

I'm torn... I can see your point... Plus, he proved he can do a revamp&overhaul which os needed now... But I think it’s a very pathetic display by the DFB, an „Armutszeugnis“, that this ABSOLUTE CATASTROPHE has them stand on the sidelines and watch... This biggest embarrassment EVER in German sports should not be overslept by fucking lazybone sloth Grindel... Seriously, has that fucker EVER uttered a sentence that didn’t take him 7 weeks to do so??
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:35 pm

I think it has yet to be proven that Löw has become a "dinosaur". Not even a year ago he was lauded for leading a very young team to the Confed Cup win and as I argued earlier, in this competition he has shown that he is capable of adapting his tactics - the Confed Cup team played very differently from what we saw from the A-team in these three games - and forming a functioning team out of players who were assembled from youngsters who played their first tournament and fringe players. I remember very well how this achievement was lauded as a shining example of managerial skill.

I don't know why he reverted to the old ways in this tournament, but somehow I doubt he completely lost it all in a matter of less than a year.

I think it's a very cheap shot to blame the WC exit squarely on Löw. I think there were a number of factors working together, Löw's mistakes - which he undoubtedly made - being but one of them.

The respect issue aside (I quite expected this to be too old-fashioned and sentimental notion for some), I also don't see what is to be gained by kneejerk reactions, like firing him just so the mob and the media are satisfied (interestingly I haven't seen a German paper demanding that, only media abroad), while having no idea who is going to replace him.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:49 pm

All true... I just think this retarded nonchalance by the DFB is quite embarrassing yet again...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:25 pm

Something to cheer you up
https://youtu.be/yKxnjdZTPEQ

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Outis » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:28 pm

I remember after Mexico game I told my wife "I'm curious, if Germany don't pass group stage, will Löw be fired?" and she replied "In Germany things are not done like in Brazil, I don't think they will". I thought not passing group stage will be a really big thing and maybe this time things will be done differently, so I was really curious. Who knew that I'll get the oportunity to find it out...

I might have the unpopular opinion but I think he should not be fired. If he wants to stay and has ideas, he should be given the opportunity to make it better. If at Euro 2020 he fails again I think he'll leave himself. By that time surely a successor will be available.

I think similar to RedQueen, firing him now would only serve sole purpose of punishing him. Many German ex-footballers/coaches think Löw should stay (except maybe Ballack :mrgreen: ) ... even Kovač said the same, that he should stay.

It might be only my impression but I like this German mentality of not making rash decissions, of being calm and rational, and look for solutions to a problem rather than someone to blame it on. Yes, being eliminated in the first round for the first time since 1938 is a really big thing, but rash decissions and rolling heads won't automatically make it better.
Outis
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team