You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
7%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
21%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 28

Re: General German national team thread

Postby RB624 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:27 am

#12 wrote:Funny how they ridiculed Sweden after a lucky late win and now Sweden top the group and effectively eliminate them... Karma's a biatch...

RB624 wrote:Sweden didn't do anything that eliminated Germany. Had Sweden lost today, Germany would still be going home.

#12 wrote:Yes, I'm trying to say Korea would’ve never won in the first place, cause they won because of the "efforts" on "offense" and the confusion they caused...

I see what you're saying. Had Sweden been losing, Germany could've just kept settling for the draw. And if Sweden had been at 0-0 with Mexico, then I think Germany still would've been through with 0-0, because goal-difference and goals scored would've been the same and Germany beat Sweden in their match. So yes, Sweden did effectively eliminate Germany. Good point.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:01 am

Khedira, Ozil and Muller should announce their immediate Internarional retirements. Draxler and Gundogan are not selected again unless they have mind blowing seasons with their club.

Playing Neuer solely on reputation went against the ethos of professionalism and affected team morale. Merit demanded that Ter Stegen play instead. Also, I don’t think Neuer is a particularly good leader to have the armband. Players like Neuer, Kroos and Hummels should be picked on merit from now on and not because of who they are.

I feel bad for Reus to have his (possibly) only World Cup end like this.

Löw’s obstinacy to play a 4231 and insistence on playing a possession oriented game is the main culprit. Germans are not technical magicians like Spaniards and players like Werner, Uth, Wagner, Brandt, Sane, Gnabry, Goretzka, Weigl, Meyer, etc. will be more suited to a more direct vertical approach rather than slow build up.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:06 am

Klose will be the head coach...
I know that he signed for bayern but he will be the new coach

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:25 am

America USA wrote:Khedira, Ozil and Muller should announce their immediate Internarional retirements. Draxler and Gundogan are not selected again unless they have mind blowing seasons with their club.

Playing Neuer solely on reputation went against the ethos of professionalism and affected team morale. Merit demanded that Ter Stegen play instead. Also, I don’t think Neuer is a particularly good leader to have the armband. Players like Neuer, Kroos and Hummels should be picked on merit from now on and not because of who they are.

I feel bad for Reus to have his (possibly) only World Cup end like this.

Löw’s obstinacy to play a 4231 and insistence on playing a possession oriented game is the main culprit. Germans are not technical magicians like Spaniards and players like Werner, Uth, Wagner, Brandt, Sane, Gnabry, Goretzka, Weigl, Meyer, etc. will be more suited to a more direct vertical approach rather than slow build up.

The funny thing is that he did just that in the Confed Cup. It's not like he can't do it (he did it in 2010, too). I wonder what happened; I first thought maybe it was the departure of Flick, but I checked and he left even before the Confed Cup.

Relying on the old guard, out of form players. I didn't understand why he didn't start Brandt, let alone why he subbed on Müller over him. Every time Brandt was on the pitch in the first two games, there was immediate danger. Müller brought nothing to the game.

Khedira and also Gündogan slowed the game down. Maybe putting Goretzka in Khedira's place and Brandt on RW would have been the better choice.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:18 am

I had missed this news - It looks like Germany's base in Vatutinki was very different than the base in 2014.
Jogi had insisted on the same one in Sochi during the Confed Cup but this was scooped up by Brazil (one wonders whose fault is this the DFB or the Russians ?)

So on top of the Erdofans affair & cold war with press + supporters, team selection madness, the Bling-Bling vs others cliques there is this - could this drab place, instead of making the players feel relaxed and create the bonding, really be the straw that broke the camel back and the reason why the tournament team hasn't shown up ?

The real reason why Germany lost to Mexico
Last edited by Bayernbazi on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:24 am

Campo Bahia was something very special, and I think it's importance has been underrated. The 2018 camp is by all accounts a quite dire place.

Sochi wasn't selected because they weren't able to secure a regular training ground near the camp.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Despite Erdogan photo-shooting and national camp/base in Russia, Germany had to make it through the group stage and then at least in the round of 16 finish the tournament.

But end up their journey in the group stage... That didn't even happen to 2000-2004 generation, the most untalented Elf of all times when they reached the final in the World Cup 2002 and lost against Brasil.

Seems like Löw has become arrogant after the 2014 title. He thought he reached Kaiser Franz's status and prestige in German football and public, but well... Now he sees how wrong he has been all this time. Even Beckenbauer after the 1990 triumph knew when the time was to stop and say it's over and step down.

Löw has overrated himself, though.

By the way, I don't think like some people that ter Stegen, Sane and Wagner would change anything significantly. Germany still created a lot of chances or at least found themselves in chances to score few goals, but they missed. However, everyone can squeeze Löw's balls thereby causing him a terrible pain due to the fact he ignored ter Stegen's successful season, superb form and rhythm and Sané's great first season at Manchester City.

But that's how it is right now after the 3 group matches, there are no matches left to play and now Löw will face consequences. What kind? It remains to see in the forthcoming weeks. Either complete changes in the Löw's work and philosophy or he'll step down/get sacked.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Pips » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:52 pm

America USA wrote: Löw must be banished from the NT for good! And he can take Müller, Khedira and Özil with him :x

Dont forget about Kroos, 12 player for oposite team.
Pips
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby RB624 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:58 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:I had missed this news - It looks like Germany's base in Vatutinki was very different than the base in 2014.
Jogi had insisted on the same one in Sochi during the Confed Cup but this was scooped up by Brazil (one wonders whose fault is this the DFB or the Russians ?)

RedQueen wrote:Campo Bahia was something very special, and I think it's importance has been underrated. The 2018 camp is by all accounts a quite dire place.

Sochi wasn't selected because they weren't able to secure a regular training ground near the camp.

These things are relevant and their importance should not be underestimated. It needs to be investigated further. Was it the DFB or the Russians is a very good question.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:29 pm

RB / LB
Henrichs, Weisser, Klostermann
Tah should be promoted

more players to consider : Orban, Demme

the biggest problem is the CF role
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Pips wrote:
America USA wrote: Löw must be banished from the NT for good! And he can take Müller, Khedira and Özil with him :x

Dont forget about Kroos, 12 player for oposite team.

Unfair. He was arguably along with Hummels and Reus (Kimmich) the only recoverable efforts and hungry players out there.
tflags

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:09 pm

Kroos doesn't realize he already has a good enough reputation; he keeps trying to pad his assist numbers. Assists the Koreans, and but for the grace of Higuain Argentina would have lifted the World Cup last time :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:14 pm

pyrasur wrote:Kroos doesn't realize he already has a good enough reputation; he keeps trying to pad his assist numbers. Assists the Koreans, and but for the grace of Higuain Argentina would have lifted the World Cup last time :)
And to Berg last Sat

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:42 pm

Why hasn’t Löw been sacked yet?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/germany/stor ... oachim-low

The biggest change that must happen is your resignation Wenger II !!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:45 pm

He won't be sacked. You obviously know very little about the DFB.

What happens with Löw is his choice. He either resigns, or he stays.
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team