You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
7%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
20%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
40%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
33%

Total votes : 30

Re: General German national team thread

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:29 pm

by the way why wasnt emre can nominated?? and khadeira before him??? hahahah
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:30 pm

DerKaiser wrote:by the way why wasnt emre can nominated?? and khadeira before him??? hahahah

Loew thought that two Turks are enough :twisted:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Eier, wir brauchen Eier. / We need players who have balls

nope nothing there
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby icewizard » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:44 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:Because, unlike some, I don't rate players on what they say in front of a microphone but what they do on the pitch. It's no secret that Kroos is known in the neutral footballing world as Germany's greatest outfield player.

That greatest outfield player just got kicked the hell out of Dodge as soon as he got paired without poor Bastian. If you think it isn't pathetic for a Bayern forum admin to praise a player that hates the team that put him where he is, well, don't drag the rest of us along.

Some of us think the team comes first and are not biased by nationality.

No I think it's pathetic for a Bayern forum moderator to hate a youth product, the best in years, because he left the team after he wasn't appreciated enough by the board. If Bayern's board appreciated him as much as, say, Xabi Alonso, then perhaps you'd have a different opinion on Kroos? Actually not just hating him but making up weird and unpopular assertions that he's not as good as the rest of the world say he is. And then try to blame it on nationality. No it's not. Kroos was the youth product I was most excited about, ever, and I don't think we quite had another one like him since Lahm. Yes, I dare say he surpassed Schweinsteiger's inconsistent career.

Just because he's kicking ball for our continental rivals doesn't mean I should believe he's not the great player he obviously is. And I refuse to keep any personal grudges against him. He's OUR youth product and frankly I think it's ridiculous to believe a player is not great on the pitch simply based on something he said off the pitch which YOU don't like (Real Madrid fans sure liked it).

Not forgetting that if he got the treatment that Götze got, he would have definitely stayed... With all due Respect, Kroos was definitely Bayern material, he loved the club, would have liked to extend more at the right conditions, but was misjudged by the management...

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:06 pm

I don't think we'll ever know the full story there.
Yeah, I think we should've been willing to give Kroos more money, but at the same time I think it was understandable to take the stance that they did...
You all know I am not one to shy from criticisms of our board/management. But at the same time, hindsight is 20/20. OF course it looks stupid to have not offered Kroos that money *TODAY*. At the time, it wasn't so clear. By all accounts, Götze was the next big thing, the German Messi, a superstar in the making. And we saw that in 2013 we were on the top of our game without Kroos on the pitch. And again, I'm not saying it's the right call, and I'm not trying to knock Kroos' ability, but I think back then it wasn't nearly as clear as it is now. Kroos wasn't as important then as he now is for Madrid, and nobody could've predicted Götze flopping. I think one could be forgiven for thinking Götze would end up being the more important player.

But, even with all that considered - we still don't know how things would've panned out. If we paid Kroos what he wanted, would he still be here today? Would he have ended up at Madrid still at some point? I'm not convinced that Kroos would've stayed in Munich even if we'd paid him the same as Madrid. Ultimately, I think he wanted to move to Madrid, and that's okay, that's his prerogative. Maybe that's just speculation. Like I said, we'll never know. But, again - I still hold that the scorned ex-girlfriend act isn't doing him any favors. Bayern made a business decision, and Kroos made a business decision. You've now won nearly a dozen trophies at Madrid, three of them being Champions League titles, and cemented your spot as a starter in probably the biggest club in the world right now. So, I say this as politely as possible, but.....Shut the f**k up about Bayern and move on with your life!
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:16 pm

RB624 wrote:
tflags wrote:Do correct your post. I never said what you included in that quote. Not sure I understand (or agree with your post) either.

Fixed.

My wife is from the Andes in Ayacucho, Peru. In 2007 watching the Copa America on TV, Peru vs. Bolivia, she's yelling her lungs out for Peru, like a mad woman. And I was happy for her, and I was supporting the team too, just not as vocally. But then as I'm watching the game further I start looking at the players more closely, and comparing them to my wife, and I said "Sweetie, you're cheering for the wrong team".

It was like that moment in "Malcolm X" where Denzel Washington says "You been hoodwinked, you been bamboozled". All I could think of was that some Spaniards drew up some lines a couple of hundred years ago and now allegiances are based on that rather than something more substantial.

In all fairness I was yelling for Perú as well. Then again, I might have earned a lot of money if they didn't miss that pen. :P
tflags

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:29 pm

aterford wrote:OF course it looks stupid to have not offered Kroos that money *TODAY*. At the time, it wasn't so clear.

It was to me and others on the forum. Check the Kroos thread at the time. A dark cloud befell me the moment he signed for Real Madrid. I'm not at all surprised by his development.

Kroos was a no-sell and his ask was not high IMO. He's a victim of Bayern having won the CL while he was out injured, as I said a while ago, so people don't associate the memorable moments with him. I don't know, maybe it was just me and a few others who valued him so highly. Maybe we were still infatuated by his domestic and continental debuts as a 17 year old (at the time I expected him to shortly become the GOAT :mrgreen: )
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:41 pm

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:OF course it looks stupid to have not offered Kroos that money *TODAY*. At the time, it wasn't so clear.

It was to me and others on the forum. Check the Kroos thread at the time. A dark cloud befell me the moment he signed for Real Madrid. I'm not at all surprised by his development.

Kroos was a no-sell and his ask was not high IMO. He's a victim of Bayern having won the CL while he was out injured, as I said a while ago, so people don't associate the memorable moments with him. I don't know, maybe it was just me and a few others who valued him so highly. Maybe we were still infatuated by his domestic and continental debuts as a 17 year old (at the time I expected him to shortly become the GOAT :mrgreen: )

Right, but I still don't think it's quite so crystal clear then as it is now. Ultimately, for better or worse, unless I'm remembering it wrong it had to do with not wanting to upset the wage structure, yeah? Kroos wanted to be paid on the level of higher players, which is okay for him, but the club wanted to keep the wage structure in alignment, too. On the same page, we have a guy like Douglas Costa, who also asks for more money and is sold as a result. But I think if you asked the majority of Bayern fans they would say we made the wrong decision with Kroos while also calling Costa things like "mercenary" and saying that he hadn't done enough yet to justify getting paid more.
For me, the two scenarios, at their root, are not so dissimilar. At the time Costa left, most were saying it was the right move and that he was arrogant and foolish and all that jazz. But, as Costa has played relatively well at Juve (and our winger situation gets worse and worse), more people tend to be coming around and saying "You know what, we should've kept Costa". All that to say: at the time a player leaves, it might not look so bad, but we tend to view these decisions in light of how things progressed in the future, and I think that's incorrect. It's not viewing them thru the proper lens. So while we can (clearly) see that Kroos turned out great and we should've kept him - I don't think that made the decision to sell inherently wrong *at the time*. Just like I think we'd be helped by having Costa right now - I don't think that selling him was wrong *at that time*, either.

I don't know, rambling a little bit now, hahaha. All that to say, I don't think it makes a lot of sense to view these things in light of what Kroos has accomplished now, and I think it's hard to view in isolation. For all we know, had he stayed at Bayern, we would've still failed to rejuvenate the wings and he'd probably get the same criticisms here that Thiago does now (PLEASE, let's not make this a Thiago thing, it's just an example :lol: :lol: ). In all likelihood, if that happens, we're probably then saying "we should've sold him to Madrid when we had the chance" or something like that. That's not to minimize Kroos' accomplishments, but we should also acknowledge that the squad around a given player plays a HUGE factor in their development. Would he be the player he is today if he'd stayed here? I'm not so sure. And that points back to something I've said for a long time - we might be better if we'd kept him, but ultimately we're still going to be hamstrung by our wingers, regardless of who's in central midfield. But that's a topic for another day and a different forum thread :wink: :wink:
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Kroos is decent, but I think you all overate him a bit
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RB624 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:36 pm

MUTU wrote:Yeah and imagine how that fury would turn to hysterical laughter if Germany are cut open like a Swiss army knife would.

The Swiss are the only team who have ever stopped Germany from reaching the final eight of a WC, so...
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:09 pm

RB624 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:And also the Germans are hated big time (football wise)

Not just football, in general as well.

Imagine the haters' fury if Germany finishes second in the group and ends up playing...

Blablabla... We won’t even qualify... Bit if miraculously we would: Switzerland won’t win their group, Brazil will...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:43 pm

DerKaiser wrote:Kroos is decent, but I think you all overate him a bit

Saying that he is more than decent means 'you hate him'. Just imagine what people who say he needs more than one midfielder next to him get called. . . :lol:
tflags

Postby icewizard » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:07 pm

DerKaiser wrote:Kroos is decent, but I think you all overate him a bit
This post is not written out of good faith... He's already got one of the best trophy cabinets in German football history... And he's not even 30.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:03 pm

#12 wrote:Blablabla... We won’t even qualify... Bit if miraculously we would

.... and, it's started!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:12 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Blablabla... We won’t even qualify... Bit if miraculously we would

.... and, it's started!

Nah, it’s over already...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team