You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
19%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 31

Re: General German national team thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:10 pm

nm462272 wrote:What SHOULD happen is that the lineup is changed to a 3-4-3 of some kind, allowing Germany to make up for both the lack of effective DM and the issue of Kimmich not defending.... with Hummels, Süle, and Boateng all defending, it would allow Kimmich to take advantage of his offensive assets, and even allow someone like Goretzka to play out on the left (or Hector, of course).

What WILL happen is different. Jogi won't abandon the 4-2-3-1 (unless somehow he makes it a 4-3-3)... with this in mind, I hope we see:

Neuer
Kimmich-Boateng-Hummels-Hector
Rudy(or Gundogan)-Kroos
Brandt-Müller-Reus
Werner

I don't know what the answer is... the lack of DM is extremely problematic and that was made obvious to the world yesterday...

I'd rather see this (experimentation with tactics) rather than experimenting with players playing in a virtually-untested position. On the last point, Suele is not even my first choice CB-to-DM. Hummels has the experience playing there.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby GoatHCW » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:10 pm

It was scary watching how slow and stale they looked yesterday and how much it resembled Bayern.

Just a poor job by Low leaving Sane and Wagner off this team and then sticking with Khedira who shouldn't even be on the squad
GoatHCW
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RB624 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:13 pm

MUTU wrote:...Brazilian-blooded....

No such thing. That's why I laugh when the Latin American countries have such intense rivalries with each other. At least Brazil is unique from the rest, but mostly the borders are just arbitrary lines in the sand. But then again, if cities can have intense rivalries, and even within a city there can be intense rivalries, I guess these artificially manufactured countries can have them too.
Last edited by RB624 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby GoatHCW » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:18 pm

GoatHCW
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:36 pm

RB624 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:...Brazilian-blooded....

No such thing. That's why I laugh when the Latin American countries have such intense rivalries with each other. At least Brazil is unique from the rest, but mostly the borders are just arbitrary lines in the sand. But then again, if cities can have intense rivalries, and even within a city there can be intense rivalries, I guess these artificially manufactured countries can have them too.

Do correct your post. I never said what you included in that quote. Not sure I understand (or agree with your post) either.
tflags

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:40 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:The question is, when are you going to stop praising players that say Madrid is a better team? Is it because they are German? Interesting.

Because, unlike some, I don't rate players on what they say in front of a microphone but what they do on the pitch. It's no secret that Kroos is known in the neutral footballing world as Germany's greatest outfield player.

That greatest outfield player just got kicked the hell out of Dodge as soon as he got paired without poor Bastian. :lol: If you think it isn't pathetic for a Bayern forum admin to praise a player that hates the team that put him where he is, well, don't drag the rest of us along.

Some of us think the team comes first and are not biased by nationality.
tflags

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:47 pm

Mutu concerning Kroos, rewatch the game and see how he "purposely" sometimes didnt make a real effort to run back, defend or whatever
Kroos is a puss and is only doing so well like someone here said because hes carried from great players at real madrid, hes weak minded, weak willed and should not even start in first 11 of germany
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RB624 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:58 pm

tflags wrote:Do correct your post. I never said what you included in that quote. Not sure I understand (or agree with your post) either.

Fixed.

My wife is from the Andes in Ayacucho, Peru. In 2007 watching the Copa America on TV, Peru vs. Bolivia, she's yelling her lungs out for Peru, like a mad woman. And I was happy for her, and I was supporting the team too, just not as vocally. But then as I'm watching the game further I start looking at the players more closely, and comparing them to my wife, and I said "Sweetie, you're cheering for the wrong team".

It was like that moment in "Malcolm X" where Denzel Washington says "You been hoodwinked, you been bamboozled". All I could think of was that some Spaniards drew up some lines a couple of hundred years ago and now allegiances are based on that rather than something more substantial.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:00 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:The question is, when are you going to stop praising players that say Madrid is a better team? Is it because they are German? Interesting.

Because, unlike some, I don't rate players on what they say in front of a microphone but what they do on the pitch. It's no secret that Kroos is known in the neutral footballing world as Germany's greatest outfield player.

That greatest outfield player just got kicked the hell out of Dodge as soon as he got paired without poor Bastian. :lol: If you think it isn't pathetic for a Bayern forum admin to praise a player that hates the team that put him where he is, well, don't drag the rest of us along.

Some of us think the team comes first and are not biased by nationality.

No I think it's pathetic for a Bayern forum moderator to hate a youth product, the best in years, because he left the team after he wasn't appreciated enough by the board. If Bayern's board appreciated him as much as, say, Xabi Alonso, then perhaps you'd have a different opinion on Kroos? Actually not just hating him but making up weird and unpopular assertions that he's not as good as the rest of the world say he is. And then try to blame it on nationality. No it's not. Kroos was the youth product I was most excited about, ever, and I don't think we quite had another one like him since Lahm. Yes, I dare say he surpassed Schweinsteiger's inconsistent career.

Just because he's kicking ball for our continental rivals doesn't mean I should believe he's not the great player he obviously is. And I refuse to keep any personal grudges against him. He's OUR youth product and frankly I think it's ridiculous to believe a player is not great on the pitch simply based on something he said off the pitch which YOU don't like (Real Madrid fans sure liked it).
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Two things:

First - Kroos definitely did not track back as much yesterday as he has in the past. It's not a matter of who he's partnered with in midfield; his defensive effort simply wasn't anywhere near it was in the past nor where it should be.

Second - Kroos is a great player on the pitch, that's fine. But I still think he's a snake, and nothing he does on the pitch changes that. I'm a Bayern fan first and a Germany fan second and I'm never going to respect a guy who takes every opportunity he can to sh*t on the club who made him who he is.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:05 pm

aterford wrote:Second - Kroos is a great player on the pitch, that's fine. But I still think he's a snake, and nothing he does on the pitch changes that. I'm a Bayern fan first and a Germany fan second and I'm never going to respect a guy who takes every opportunity he can to sh*t on the club who made him who he is.

Fine and I understand that, I expect Bayern fans to acknowledge how great he is on the pitch. I disagree about Bayern being the victims here, but that's OK.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:06 pm

aterford wrote:Two things:

First - Kroos definitely did not track back as much yesterday as he has in the past. It's not a matter of who he's partnered with in midfield; his defensive effort simply wasn't anywhere near it was in the past nor where it should be.

Second - Kroos is a great player on the pitch, that's fine. But I still think he's a snake, and nothing he does on the pitch changes that. I'm a Bayern fan first and a Germany fan second and I'm never going to respect a guy who takes every opportunity he can to sh*t on the club who made him who he is.

As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Germany's simply been found out. Teams used to mark Müller while leaving the midfielders to run the game. Now they press Kroos and Khedira while leaving Müller because they've realised Müller can't do anything on the ball and Özil won't help the midfield out of the press. If other teams have noticed it, world cup over.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:08 pm

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:Second - Kroos is a great player on the pitch, that's fine. But I still think he's a snake, and nothing he does on the pitch changes that. I'm a Bayern fan first and a Germany fan second and I'm never going to respect a guy who takes every opportunity he can to sh*t on the club who made him who he is.

Fine and I understand that, I expect Bayern fans to acknowledge how great he is on the pitch. I disagree about Bayern being the victims here, but that's OK.

Eh. Kroos is an adult and regardless of how things went down he's behaved like a child. We can say the board f'ed that situation up, fine. But ultimately it's business. The club has LONG since moved on; apparently Kroos hasn't. You don't see Bayern executives taking every chance they get to make pot shots at Kroos; can't say the same for him. We might not be "victims," but he certainly isn't, either.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:16 pm

aterford wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Eh. Kroos is an adult and regardless of how things went down he's behaved like a child. We can say the board f'ed that situation up, fine. But ultimately it's business. The club has LONG since moved on; apparently Kroos hasn't. You don't see Bayern executives taking every chance they get to make pot shots at Kroos; can't say the same for him. We might not be "victims," but he certainly isn't, either.

Good point. I guess he did carry that grudge for Bayern's board basically telling him "you're not as good as Goetze, a 34-year old Ribery or a finished Xabi Alonso" for far too long. Maybe, just maybe, it's because he secretly wishes things had turned out differently and so he has to try and justify his move.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team