You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:21 am

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:So Germany can't dribble and there's nobody in midfield who can destroy.

But.. but... but... Wasn't Kroos the reason why they won three Champion Leagues straight? :lol:

Man you make me laugh.

This, from Honigstein on ESPN:

"The inference of what he said[Hummels], however, was explosive in a number of ways. Either Sami Khedira and Toni Kroos, who were both nominally central midfielders but provided almost no protection for the defence, were simply not up the task or not committed enough to helping out, something the Bayern defender seemed to imply."

When will your witch-hunt against Kroos ever end? It is not Kroos' duty to destroy but to create. Kroos needs a Casemiro or a Luiz Gustavo next to him. There isn't a player of that mould in the German squad. Not one. You can't build a winning team without one destroyer. Now of course, given that Kroos has nobody helping him out in defence and doing the dirty work, he has to clean the dishes himself but he's not used to and not playing to his strengths. Of course, one can play Reus in central defence too, but complaining he didn't tackle well afterwards sounds silly.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby swarkzero » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:45 am

Why doesn't Löw go with Süle at DM next to Kroos?He played well for Bayern there a few times last season.
swarkzero
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:02 pm

swarkzero wrote:Why doesn't Löw go with Süle at DM next to Kroos?He played well for Bayern there a few times last season.

Because when someone is so convinced with the quality in his XI that he affords to leave out Can, Kramer, Bender and Weigl from his squad one should not expect 90 humbling minutes of football to force him into such a big U-turn that he resorts to panic-mode tactics.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but only that it's unlikely to happen.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:18 pm

swarkzero wrote:Why doesn't Löw go with Süle at DM next to Kroos?He played well for Bayern there a few times last season.

That's exactly why. Because he has only played there a few times against mediocre opposition.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Vs Sweden...
I have to admit that Ger needs Gomez... against their strong defenders he is needed big time... also Sule has to start...
Hopefully Hector is fit again...
Who knows maybe Loew changes to a three men def with Kimmich and Hector as Wing backs

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RB624 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:42 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:And also the Germans are hated big time (football wise)

Not just football, in general as well.

Imagine the haters' fury if Germany finishes second in the group and ends up playing...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:47 pm

RB624 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:And also the Germans are hated big time (football wise)

Not just football, in general as well.

Imagine the haters' fury if Germany finishes second in the group and ends up playing...

Yeah and imagine how that fury would turn to hysterical laughter if Germany are cut open like a Swiss army knife would.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:48 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I have to admit that Ger needs Gomez... against their strong defenders he is needed big time

Yes!

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:35 pm

MUTU wrote:When will your witch-hunt against Kroos ever end?

Starting to feel the heat there MUTU? What happened? I thought he was the last Coca Cola on the desert.

I'm not out to get him. He's a good, albeit quite slow player Bayern never needed to get things done. Just because Madrid found a perfect trio of midfielders (plus some awesome subs) doesn't mean Vidal and Thiago aren't better players in more than a single role.

The question is, when are you going to stop praising players that say Madrid is a better team? Is it because they are German? Interesting.
tflags

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:42 pm

Suele was pretty bad in his last games with Bayern except for his CL game in Bernabeu

Boateng was good against Mexico and very important in the build up as Kroos was man marked. Hummels was pretty bad, but our weak midfield was the reason for them being exposed in every Mexico attack.

Neuer, Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Kroos should start no matter what.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:47 pm

tflags wrote:The question is, when are you going to stop praising players that say Madrid is a better team? Is it because they are German? Interesting.

Because, unlike some, I don't rate players on what they say in front of a microphone but what they do on the pitch. It's no secret that Kroos is known in the neutral footballing world as Germany's greatest outfield player. Heck, he's the cover boy despite not playing in Germany for years.
Can't see tweet? Click here!

I still don't get why, each time you try to sling mud towards the greatest outfield player of the current World champions, you feel the need to praise an Italian-born Brazilian-blooded Spaniard who spends ample time observing his country's matches from a touchline seat. Stop comparing the two. Please. The match I called you out on is proof that Thiago was not brought in to replace Kroos.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:57 pm

MUTU wrote:

Because when someone is so convinced with the quality in his XI that he affords to leave out Can, Kramer, Bender and Weigl from his squad one should not expect 90 humbling minutes of football to force him into such a big U-turn that he resorts to panic-mode tactics.

Although there is not much evidence to go on I believe Sule would be better than some of those players you mentioned.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Although there is not much evidence to go on I believe Sule would be better than some of those players you mentioned.

This is the World Cup and there's no scope for experimenting. That's why there's friendlies, qualifiers and, well, club matches as well. Suele might work well as DM, or he may not. Loew is not going to take such a risk unless there's an injury/suspension crisis. Suele fails at DM and all fingers would point to Loew. He's a fan of tried-and-tested.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:06 pm

What SHOULD happen is that the lineup is changed to a 3-4-3 of some kind, allowing Germany to make up for both the lack of effective DM and the issue of Kimmich not defending.... with Hummels, Süle, and Boateng all defending, it would allow Kimmich to take advantage of his offensive assets, and even allow someone like Goretzka to play out on the left (or Hector, of course).

What WILL happen is different. Jogi won't abandon the 4-2-3-1 (unless somehow he makes it a 4-3-3)... with this in mind, I hope we see:

Neuer
Kimmich-Boateng-Hummels-Hector
Rudy(or Gundogan)-Kroos
Brandt-Müller-Reus
Werner

I don't know what the answer is... the lack of DM is extremely problematic and that was made obvious to the world yesterday...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:10 pm

nm462272 wrote:What SHOULD happen is that the lineup is changed to a 3-4-3 of some kind, allowing Germany to make up for both the lack of effective DM and the issue of Kimmich not defending.... with Hummels, Süle, and Boateng all defending, it would allow Kimmich to take advantage of his offensive assets, and even allow someone like Goretzka to play out on the left (or Hector, of course).

What WILL happen is different. Jogi won't abandon the 4-2-3-1 (unless somehow he makes it a 4-3-3)... with this in mind, I hope we see:

Neuer
Kimmich-Boateng-Hummels-Hector
Rudy(or Gundogan)-Kroos
Brandt-Müller-Reus
Werner

I don't know what the answer is... the lack of DM is extremely problematic and that was made obvious to the world yesterday...

I'd rather see this (experimentation with tactics) rather than experimenting with players playing in a virtually-untested position. On the last point, Suele is not even my first choice CB-to-DM. Hummels has the experience playing there.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team