You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Mexico still had 2-3 very good counter attacks in the second half to kill the game. Also, we could’ve played till midnight but the Germans never really looked like scoring in this game.

What’s the reaction like in the German media? Is Löw being (rightfully) criticized ?
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:48 pm

America USA wrote:Löw should be very worried. Although other big teams have also dropped points so far, none of them lost and Spain, Brazil, France and Argentina looked in control for major portions of their respective games. Germans could’ve lost 3 or 4 nil. The team did not play well at all and the players were all over the place.

Time to stop posing for photos and uploading fancy videos on YouTube. Everyone around the team has some serious soul searching to do. Sweden and South Korea are not gonna be pushovers either, especially Sweden who are excellent at playing negative football and have eliminated pretty good teams to earn the right to be at the World Cup.

#12 wrote:Dude, Özil defended like a little bitch and it was a clear shot from 7 meters... No one saves that...

Dude weren’t you the one who said before the game that Goretzka shouldn’t be a starter and Ozil should start instead :lol:

I know that Ozil is a useless piece of s*** but Neuer in prime form would’ve possibly stopped that goal.

Erm, I don’t see Goretzka playing Özil's position but rather a box to box midfielder... Since Kroos by himself is shit we need a destroyer in DM... Unfortunately, Khedira must’ve picked up something about being a forward in team briefing...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:54 pm

America USA wrote:Mexico still had 2-3 very good counter attacks in the second half to kill the game. Also, we could’ve played till midnight but the Germans never really looked like scoring in this game.

What’s the reaction like in the German media? Is Löw being (rightfully) criticized ?

It’s a little too easy to put this all on Löw... We're talking Mexico here, I mean we oughta beat them with our B team playing with 10 men and NO tactics... It’s like Bundesliga-2nd Bundesliga - AT LEAST! There was NO ambition, no focus, and no greed anywhere in that bloodless pile of egomaniacs... Complacency... Just like in the Bayern team...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:55 pm

#12 wrote:Erm, I don’t see Goretzka playing Özil's position but rather a box to box midfielder... Since Kroos by himself is shit we need a destroyer in DM... Unfortunately, Khedira must’ve picked up something about being a forward in team briefing...

Agreed on needing a DM. IMO Rudy could be an option. He played that role alongside Kroos in a couple of qualifying games and that brought the best out of Kroos. If not Rudy then gamble with Süle playing the Martinez role. He played there a couple of times under Jupp and looked fine.

EDIT: Just saw your latest post. I agree it was a spineless performance from the likes of Khedira, Ozil and Müller. However, what’s the reaction like in the Fatherland? Is the media still optimistic?
Last edited by America USA on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby pyrasur » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:55 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Müller was disappointing, but if keep faith in him to the end of the tournament... Just, drift in more and leave the outside to Kimmich...

God pls no. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but if this is the road Germany want to go down, then we cannot in good conscience continue to slag Kimmich for his "bad defensive positioning". I think his defending is not on par with Lahm, and I remember getting angry at him for being out of position. But it's ridiculous how much of the load Kimmich is being asked to take alone on the RW. If he's going to play RW when Germany (and Bayern for that matter) are in possession, the rest of the team needs to shift to prepare for the inevitable counter. It can't just be Hummels and Boateng, because on each counter one of them does something ridiculous.

I'm also tired of trying to find a place to hide Müller while we wait for him to rediscover whatever it is we are waiting for him to find. Can't play striker, can't play RW... Just stick him in the #10 spot and hope he doesn't touch the ball unless he's shooting?
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby nm462272 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:59 pm

America USA wrote:
#12 wrote:Erm, I don’t see Goretzka playing Özil's position but rather a box to box midfielder... Since Kroos by himself is shit we need a destroyer in DM... Unfortunately, Khedira must’ve picked up something about being a forward in team briefing...

Agreed on needing a DM. IMO Rudy could be an option. He played that role alongside Kroos in a couple of qualifying games and that brought the best out of Kroos. If not Rudy then gamble with Süle playing the Martinez role. He played there a couple of times under Jupp and looked fine.

EDIT: Just saw your latest post. I agree it was a spineless performance from the likes of Khedira, Ozil and Müller. However, what’s the reaction like in the Fatherland? Is the media still optimistic?
German media? Optimistic? LOL

But seriously, what I've read is super critical...

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:59 pm

America USA wrote:

Kinda clueless... They’re neither very optimistic nor the opposite... I guess they'll -rightfully- pick up some pace in the days leading to Saturday...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:01 pm

pyrasur wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Müller was disappointing, but if keep faith in him to the end of the tournament... Just, drift in more and leave the outside to Kimmich...

God pls no. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but if this is the road Germany want to go down, then we cannot in good conscience continue to slag Kimmich for his "bad defensive positioning". I think his defending is not on par with Lahm, and I remember getting angry at him for being out of position. But it's ridiculous how much of the load Kimmich is being asked to take alone on the RW. If he's going to play RW when Germany (and Bayern for that matter) are in possession, the rest of the team needs to shift to prepare for the inevitable counter. It can't just be Hummels and Boateng, because on each counter one of them does something ridiculous.

I'm also tired of trying to find a place to hide Müller while we wait for him to rediscover whatever it is we are waiting for him to find. Can't play striker, can't play RW... Just stick him in the #10 spot and hope he doesn't touch the ball unless he's shooting?

Agree with my fellow Californian. Time to stop making excuses for Müller. It was not just his performance that was utterly pathetic but his demeanor and body language too looked really bad today. As if he didn’t want to play!

I have said this repeatedly he’s not a RW and playing him on the right is not a smart idea. He needs to play centrally somewhere near the striker to do his stuff. Otherwise he can be a liability in attack.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:11 pm

America USA wrote:
pyrasur wrote:

Agree with my fellow Californian. Time to stop making excuses for Müller. It was not just his performance that was utterly pathetic but his demeanor and body language too looked really bad today. As if he didn’t want to play!

I have said this repeatedly he’s not a RW and playing him on the right is not a smart idea. He needs to play centrally somewhere near the striker to do his stuff. Otherwise he can be a liability in attack.
Except he has played RW for Germany his whole career... To great effect...

Kimmich is Kimmich is Kimmich... We can't expect a Lahm-like defensive performance by him. Just let him handle attack and compensate on defense (Süle for Boa, or even better; switch Kimmich to RWB and put 3 CBs back there).

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:22 pm

Look Müller might have played at RW for Germany’s for a long time but times change and those who fail to adapt will perish. Teams have worked him out now, since Klose’s retirement he’s not interchanging with the other forwards as often to make him effective. He doesn’t have the pace, technique or strength to take defenders on 1v1. He has to play behind the striker or with one to play his role of Raumdeuter.

BTW it is a real shame how the team are trying to play like Pep’s Bayern. Germany used to be really good at counter attack football and now seem vulnerable to counters themselves and cannot finish counters as well as we could. Whenever there’s a chance to counter the players slow down the game or pass backwards which allows the opponent to regroup and the counter opportunity is gone. With Werner and Reus up front this team could be deadly playing the 2010 style counter attack based football. Sadly I think Löw has his head too deep in the sand to wake up now!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby KrampusIsReal » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:40 pm

Play a 4 3 2 1 and keep Müller and Reus more central instead of out on the wings. I don't want to see that traitor Özil on the pitch again with his pathetic play. I'd rather have hector than Marvin but hector can play a cdm role right?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RB624 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:59 pm

Can we have a real captain instead of a goalkeeper-captain? I say Hummels.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby America USA » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:12 am

RB624 wrote:Can we have a real captain instead of a goalkeeper-captain? I say Hummels.

No issues with a Goalkeeper captain. Buffon and Iker did a pretty good job for Italy and Spain respectively. Captaincy is not the problem, tactics and team selection are!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby RB624 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:28 am

America USA wrote:
RB624 wrote:Can we have a real captain instead of a goalkeeper-captain? I say Hummels.

No issues with a Goalkeeper captain. Buffon and Iker did a pretty good job for Italy and Spain respectively. Captaincy is not the problem, tactics and team selection are!

Well, Buffon really was a captain, unlike Neuer and Casillas. He actually opened his mouth and the team rallied around him. I'm not saying taking the armband from Neuer is going to make the team win, but it is a better alternative. You want a guy who's in the thick of things and who has the ref's ear. A goalkeeper can't do that. And also, it just looks silly. It's bush-league.

And, as a side note, I agree with whoever posted that Boateng is fat. Even for those who think he's playing well, imagine how much better he'd be playing if he was in shape. How can a German come to a World Cup looking like that. smh
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby America USA » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:32 am

Agree Boateng should not start! Also, it is already too late to take the captaincy away from Manuel now.
America USA
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team