You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:42 pm

America USA wrote:
Manchu wrote:Thoughts:
1. Werner is completely useless unless for counter-attacking. No presence in the box whatsoever and provides nothing to the passing game, and it even looks like he made Muller suffer from "I don't have a center forward to play off syndrome. Drop him.
2. Reus was kind of OK, while Ozil and Kroos actually did well as a double pivot.
3. Draxler was forgettable for most of the game and it seemed like we had no left flank.
4. Mario Gomez was initially forgettable but actually started playing well the minute Werner came off.
5. It barely seemed like Plattenhardt was playing
6.. Julian Brandt was in the game for only about 7 minutes but accomplished a lot.

Future formations

and the most radical:

- Müller must never play on the RW ever again! He doesn’t have it in him to impact a game from there. He has to stay central near the main CF.
- I really don’t blame Draxler today. It was as if him and Plattenhardt (the left flank) were deliberately being ignored by the rest of the players.
- Reus and Brandt have to start on the wings period!
- I think the time has come to throw in Goretzka into the mix. Khedira was just awful today!
- FOR GOD’s SAKE! PLEASE KEEP BOATENG OUT OF THE STARING ELEVEN! He is past his best and relying on reputations will result in Germany getting eliminated in the group stage.

We will be eliminated either way... And I don’t get your Boateng bashing... He was better than 75% of the team... How often were Boateng and Hummels left alone to be the Mexican bitch?
DM was non-existent, Khedira is nothing but a possesion-changer...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:54 pm

I agree that the CBs were left brutally exposed by the guys in front but Boateng lost the ball way too many times, was too erratic and slipped on a couple of occasions too. The icing on the cake would have been him going down holding his hamstring then it would be the perfect Jérôme (post 2015) performance.

After today’s game (and how brilliant Brazil look) I have already given up on this competition for Germany and am already looking forward to the European Nations League and EURO 2020.

However, once again you bring nothing relevant to the discussion. I like you as a poster because you speak your mind and say a lot of accurate stuff but you never suggest or recommend a remedial/corrective measure to the issues at hand. Like what do you think Germany’s team should be for the coming games and what formations should the team be playing? You almost never address those kinda things and go on and on with your doomsday crap.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:00 pm

America USA wrote:After today’s game (and how brilliant Brazil look) I have already given up on this competition for Germany and am already looking forward to the European Nations League and EURO 2020.

I don't think that they look brilliant. They were lucky with that shot going in (while lot's of ours didn't) but in general I'm not impressed.
In fact until now no "big" team was really impressive during the tournament IMHO.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:15 pm

America USA wrote:After today’s game (and how brilliant Brazil look) I have already given up on this competition for Germany and am already looking forward to the European Nations League and EURO 2020.

I don't think that they look brilliant. They were lucky with that shot going in (while lot's of ours didn't) but in general I'm not impressed.
In fact until now no "big" team was really impressive during the tournament IMHO.

Theoretically there is still time for Die Mannschaft to turn things around. However, given Löw’s stubbornness and favoritism I cannot foresee a change in fortunes.

If it was up to me I would take the radical step now instead of getting eliminated in the group stage because desperate times call for desperate measures.

4231:

Or

The team looks slow as hell and the above mentioned lineups would be quicker in transition or tracking back.

A word on Neuer, I think Neuer could’ve done better on Mexico’s goal. Maybe he is still rusty after such a long layoff. I would give Ter Stegen a go against Sweden.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:16 pm

America USA wrote:I agree that the CBs were left brutally exposed by the guys in front but Boateng lost the ball way too many times, was too erratic and slipped on a couple of occasions too. The icing on the cake would have been him going down holding his hamstring then it would be the perfect Jérôme (post 2015) performance.

After today’s game (and how brilliant Brazil look) I have already given up on this competition for Germany and am already looking forward to the European Nations League and EURO 2020.

However, once again you bring nothing relevant to the discussion. I like you as a poster because you speak your mind and say a lot of accurate stuff but you never suggest or recommend a remedial/corrective measure to the issues at hand. Like what do you think Germany’s team should be for the coming games and what formations should the team be playing? You almost never address those kinda things and go on and on with your doomsday crap.

I was never doomsdayed until today... I believed the fucking Turniermannschaft crap - unfortunately, so did the players - without putting any effort to it...
What we saw is the same problem Bayern have: no goal threat, no ideas, no speed... And we saw us losing to a GREATLY inferior team - just like Bayern and Frankfurt...
There’s few solutions, when you have crippled yourself in team selection...
Plus with that momentum I see very little chance of turning the tide...
I'd go with Gomez, Müller in OM (only if he does well, if not: Draxler), Reus on the left and since we have no one else Brandt... Khedira is shit so we maybe really need Goretzka or Gündogan...
Sané would really help...
Löw is gonna do shit though: we will not see more than one or two changes...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:05 pm

#12 wrote:Löw is gonna do shit though: we will not see more than one or two changes...

Unfortunately this is what I also think.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:09 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:Löw is gonna do shit though: we will not see more than one or two changes...

Unfortunately this is what I also think.

He’s going down the Wenger road with his stubbornness and favoritism. I guess these are the side effects of coaching longevity!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:36 pm

Just came home and saw this by Hummels
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 16067?s=19

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:39 pm

Neuer was another mistake by Loew...
The other was leaving Sane out...

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:51 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Neuer was another mistake by Loew...

I don’t think Sane could’ve done too much today. It was the midfielders and Thomas who had a nightmare. Plus Löw got his tactics and team selection totally wrong.

The writing has been on the wall since the Austria defeat. Germans have to be more lethal on counters and should stop playing high line/out of the back. High pressing teams will make full use of these tiki-tappy tactics.

Only reason Germany gets eliminated in the group stage is because of relying on reputation rather than merit. We all respect Manuel but right now Ter Stegen has done more to start ahead of him. If Neuer had recovered by March then maybe he would be in prime form right now and stopped that near post goal he conceded today. Thomas Müller seems lost at RW. Either bench him or play him centrally as SS or AM. Also, please keep Khedira, Ozil and Boateng away from the starting lineup.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:58 pm

Boa I don't lnow...
America USA wrote:

I don’t think Sane could’ve done too much today. It was the midfielders and Thomas who had a nightmare. Plus Löw got his tactics and team selection totally wrong.

The writing has been on the wall since the Austria defeat. Germans have to be more lethal on counters and should stop playing high line/out of the back. High pressing teams will make full use of these tiki-tappy tactics.

Only reason Germany gets eliminated in the group stage is because of relying on reputation rather than merit. We all respect Manuel but right now Ter Stegen has done more to start ahead of him. If Neuer had recovered by March then maybe he would be in prime form right now and stopped that near post goal he conceded today. Thomas Müller seems lost at RW. Either bench him or play him centrally as SS or AM. Also, please keep Khedira, Ozil and Boateng away from the starting lineup.

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:23 pm

America USA wrote:

Dude, Özil defended like a little bitch and it was a clear shot from 7 meters... No one saves that...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Löw should be very worried. Although other big teams have also dropped points so far, none of them lost and Spain, Brazil, France and Argentina looked in control for major portions of their respective games. Germans could’ve lost 3 or 4 nil. The team did not play well at all and the players were all over the place.

Time to stop posing for photos and uploading fancy videos on YouTube. Everyone around the team has some serious soul searching to do. Sweden and South Korea are not gonna be pushovers either, especially Sweden who are excellent at playing negative football and have eliminated pretty good teams to earn the right to be at the World Cup.

#12 wrote:Dude, Özil defended like a little bitch and it was a clear shot from 7 meters... No one saves that...

Dude weren’t you the one who said before the game that Goretzka shouldn’t be a starter and Ozil should start instead :lol:

I know that Ozil is a useless piece of s*** but Neuer in prime form would’ve possibly stopped that goal.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby nm462272 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:40 pm

America USA wrote:Löw should be very worried. Although other big teams have also dropped points so far, none of them lost and Spain, Brazil, France and Argentina looked in control for major portions of their respective games. Germans could’ve lost 3 or 4 nil. The team did not play well at all and the players were all over the place.

Time to stop posing for photos and uploading fancy videos on YouTube. Everyone around the team has some serious soul searching to do. Sweden and South Korea are not gonna be pushovers either, especially Sweden who are excellent at playing negative football and have eliminated pretty good teams to earn the right to be at the World Cup.

#12 wrote:Dude, Özil defended like a little bitch and it was a clear shot from 7 meters... No one saves that...

Dude weren’t you the one who said before the game that Goretzka shouldn’t be a starter and Ozil should start instead

I know that Ozil is a useless piece of s*** but Neuer in prime form would’ve possibly stopped that goal.
For what it's worth, Germany was in control the 2nd half, they just didn't have anything in the final 3rd... Reminded me of Bayern at times

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Don't know why some of you are saying Neuer was a mistake. He wasn't to blame for anything and it's pretty amazing how he went up in the end. Unlike every other team that's lost so far he's the only one who realised goal difference means nothing if you don't get points. Some players did nothing for as long as they were on the pitch. Neuer looked like he was the only one who realised (along with Löw) how bad losing this game was.

Would prime Neuer have stopped the goal? Maybe, but Ter Stegen isn't even close to prime Neuer anyway.

Best goalkeeper in history.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team