You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
19%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 31

Re: General German national team thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:27 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Only poor decision is keeping the likes of Rudiger and Mustafi (?) in. They are crap.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Mustafi's not in. There's someone much worse than him in Ginter.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:28 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Only poor decision is keeping the likes of Rudiger and Mustafi (?) in. They are crap.

Mustafi's not in. There's someone much worse than him in Ginter.
I actually liked Ginter a lot when he played RB for Tuchel. A lot. He should have been converted to that position, since he is pretty bad as a CB.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:36 pm

nm462272 wrote:. Ter Stegen and Leno were always rivals, so why cause issues when Leno wouldn't ever get close to playing?

Why though?

@ MUTU - Wanting Gomez to succeed is one thing but wishing failure upon Werner ain’t cool [-X
Also, I think Khedira will start ahead of Goretzka.

Also funny how everyone online is concerned about Reus or Khedira or Werner going down but no words about Mr. Inconsistent Boateng :|

I guess it’s all based on perception.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:41 pm

America USA wrote:@ MUTU - Wanting Gomez to succeed is one thing but wishing failure upon Werner ain’t cool [-X

Don't put words in my mouth. I never wished for Werner to fail, I just predicted him to, just like you're predicting Boateng to f**k up.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:46 pm

Apparently the answer's 1986.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:49 pm

America USA wrote:
nm462272 wrote:. Ter Stegen and Leno were always rivals, so why cause issues when Leno wouldn't ever get close to playing?

Why though?

apparently it goes back to them playing on German U-xx national teams together, always competing for the starting spot. I'm not super in-tune with this though, it's just what i've heard second hand.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:55 pm

3-3-3-1
Werner can be used to open up space for the midfielders...
Muller Ozil Reus
Behind Werner
Leon Kroos Kimmich in mdf
Boa Hummels Rudiger in df

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:59 pm

it's interesting reading about the Sane choice. It seems that the people MOST upset about it are English/English press. I think this is a good example of why Germany can be so successful and the English not so much. Löw isn't relying on name recognition alone to pick his team...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:02 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:@ MUTU - Wanting Gomez to succeed is one thing but wishing failure upon Werner ain’t cool [-X

Don't put words in my mouth. I never wished for Werner to fail, I just predicted him to, just like you're predicting Boateng to f**k up.

Fair enough. :P
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby America USA » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:06 pm

nm462272 wrote:it's interesting reading about the Sane choice. It seems that the people MOST upset about it are English/English press. I think this is a good example of why Germany can be so successful and the English not so much. Löw isn't relying on name recognition alone to pick his team...

Was with you until that last sentence. The selection of Gomez and Boateng proves that Löw very much is going on name recognition.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby nm462272 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:09 pm

America USA wrote:
nm462272 wrote:it's interesting reading about the Sane choice. It seems that the people MOST upset about it are English/English press. I think this is a good example of why Germany can be so successful and the English not so much. Löw isn't relying on name recognition alone to pick his team...

Was with you until that last sentence. The selection of Gomez and Boateng proves that Löw very much is going on name recognition.

i know you personally don't like Boateng, but let's be honest, he IS the second best CB in Germany. Leaving him out of the squad for anything other than an injury would have been insane. Gomez sure, but he did have a decent season, plus he's integrated with the national team. As we've said a bunch of times, there were 3-4 players competing for that backup spot (Gomez, Petersen, Wagner, Uth)

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:21 pm

I was a big Boateng mark until 2017. 2012-2014 Boateng was an absolute beast of a CB, but the truth is that he has never been the same player since Messi 2015 happened. Plus he has become far too injury prone.

Notable Boateng Bloopers:-
1. Was at fault for the away goal Griezmann scored.
2. Lost marking Ronaldo in both legs in 2017 for Ronaldo’s first goals in both games.
3. Waving his arms in the penalty box against Italy #-o

Boateng in the last 2-3 years makes too many basic errors for a top quality CB. He’s still good but not the player he was four years ago. Also it doesn’t help that he has become too injury prone and can go down in really big games (France & Real Madrid) holding his hamstring/groin.

IMO Germany needed to look forward with Süle and Tah, like how Germany took young defenders at the 2010 WC (Boateng being one of those youngsters back then)

Re: Gomez. I don’t doubt his qualities but his displays against Brazil and Austria have not made a very good impression. Gomez, like Boateng, looks like another player past his best.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Fénix » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:53 pm

No Höwedes, no Mustafi, but the "master" Ginter is there, haha. And Rudy of course. :D

Löw should have taken S. Wagner to Russia. But okay... When I see what happened to Badstuber, Höwedes, Schürrle and Götze, I know why all this looks so normal.

Eventually...

Finger in der Nase vor der ganzen Welt und viel Spaß! "Darum werden wir die Weltmeister sein!" :mrgreen:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby America USA » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Fénix wrote:No Höwedes, no Mustafi, but the "master" Ginter is there, haha. And Rudy of course. :D

Löw should have taken S. Wagner to Russia. But okay... When I see what happened to Badstuber, Höwedes, Schürrle and Götze, I know why all this looks so normal.

Benedikt has been injured for 80% of the season and Mustafi has himself to blame. If I’m not mistaken Ginter was there in 2014 as well?

IMO, Götze should’ve been selected ahead of Rudy and Wagner ahead of Gomez. Stindl and Gnabry’s injuries were also setbacks to Löw.

Anyway what’s done is done. I’ll be rooting for Germany regardless of whoever plays! :)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby RedQueen » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:59 pm

America USA wrote:
Fénix wrote:No Höwedes, no Mustafi, but the "master" Ginter is there, haha. And Rudy of course. :D

Benedikt has been injured for 80% of the season and Mustafi has himself to blame. If I’m not mistaken Ginter was there in 2014 as well?

IMO, Götze should’ve been selected ahead of Rudy and Wagner ahead of Gomez. Stindl and Gnabry’s injuries were also setbacks to Löw.

Anyway what’s done is done. I’ll be rooting for Germany regardless of whoever plays! :)

Rudy is in because he can play backup for Kimmich. Rudy was the first choice RB after Lahm's retirement and before Kimmich got called up. Götze is simply surplus of requirements.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team