You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
33%

Total votes : 33

Re: General German national team thread

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Mon May 21, 2018 5:44 pm

It would be criminal to drop him for Ginter
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KrampusIsReal » Sat May 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Okay his new kit came, my new shirt came I don't care what you say that's adorable... his Italian grandparents want to get him an Italian one... I told them when italy qualifies for a major tournament then I'll think about it...ImageImageImage

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat May 26, 2018 9:43 pm

I don’t like Ozil and I don’t think he should play for Deutschland at the World Cup

These are my preferred formations/lineups:

America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat May 26, 2018 11:10 pm

You guys probably won’t believe me but this actually happened!

On the morning of our Second leg game against Real Madrid I was browsing this website on my iPhone and thought about posting how Ulreich deserves a place in the German NT based on his outstanding season. However, I refrained from doing so thinking that I should probably first wait to see if Bayern can make it to the UCL final. Then the match was played and the rest is history.

Today morning I had a similar thought. I had come up with a post on this topic to support Karius’ case for the WC given the fact that he is a German GK who could win the European Cup this season. However, before I hit submit I though to myself “What if Karius does a Ulreich today?” and I put my intended post on hold for a few hours waiting for the game to be played today. And now here we are!!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:55 pm

America USA wrote:You guys probably won’t believe me but this actually happened!

On the morning of our Second leg game against Real Madrid I was browsing this website on my iPhone and thought about posting how Ulreich deserves a place in the German NT based on his outstanding season. However, I refrained from doing so thinking that I should probably first wait to see if Bayern can make it to the UCL final. Then the match was played and the rest is history.

Today morning I had a similar thought. I had come up with a post on this topic to support Karius’ case for the WC given the fact that he is a German GK who could win the European Cup this season. However, before I hit submit I though to myself “What if Karius does a Ulreich today?” and I put my intended post on hold for a few hours waiting for the game to be played today. And now here we are!!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun May 27, 2018 12:05 am

Liverpool making it to the CL final had nothing to do with Karius. In fact he was poor more often than not. Like against Roma.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Sun May 27, 2018 1:51 am

I’ll say it. Both Karius and Ulreich are similar goalkeepers. Both can have fantastic games and pull off excellent saves (lets remember Karius saved two certain goals today) but then they can also do what they’ve done against Real Madrid in possibly the biggest games of their respective lives.

I don’t know how these two will recover from such huge mistakes. Real Madrid (especially Benzema) will haunt Karius and Ulreich for the rest of their lives.

Between the two Ulreich is the better goalkeeper because the second Bale goal Karius conceded was unforgivable. Also I believe Karius should’ve spread his hands out in the air (make himself as big as he could) on the first Bale goal as well. Yes it was a phenomenal strike from Bale and it would still go into the goal but maybe just maybe if Karius got a hand on it the ball’s trajectory could’ve changed slightly and it would’ve hit the post or something.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon May 28, 2018 12:56 am

Löw: "Marc André ter Stegen knows that Neuer is the number one for many years and the captain of the team. You have to accept your role in the team. Marc has played a great Confed Cup and season and I have confidence in him, but he knows if Manu is fit, he has a little advantage"

The decisive week for Manuel Neuer starts tomorrow. Neuer had an MRI that showed that his injury has healed completely - Die Mannschaft face Germany U20 (Tomorrow & Wednesday) then Austria on Saturday. Neuer is set to feature to prove that he is fully fit and ready [Bild]
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby nm462272 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:56 pm

https://www.dfb.de/die-mannschaft/news- ... en-187394/

The DFB website showed the team poster for the World Cup, and 4 players are missing: Trapp, Tah, Rudy, and Petersen. It appears they will be the 4 cuts from the squad.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Thu May 31, 2018 12:20 pm

nm462272 wrote:https://www.dfb.de/die-mannschaft/news-detail/poster-zeigt-nationalteam-in-gebaerden-187394/

The DFB website showed the team poster for the World Cup, and 4 players are missing: Trapp, Tah, Rudy, and Petersen. It appears they will be the 4 cuts from the squad.

Call me crazy but I’ll take Tah over injury and error prone Boateng. Last Euro Boateng’s brain fart gave Italy a chance to come back into the contest and then like against Real Madrid, he got injured against France during the game. Tah could be the unknown commodity who announces himself like Boateng did eight years ago.

Also I’d find a way to fit in Rudy simply as a backup RB!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby nm462272 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:24 pm

America USA wrote:
nm462272 wrote:https://www.dfb.de/die-mannschaft/news-detail/poster-zeigt-nationalteam-in-gebaerden-187394/

Call me crazy but I’ll take Tah over injury and error prone Boateng. Last Euro Boateng’s brain fart gave Italy a chance to come back into the contest and then like against Real Madrid, he got injured against France during the game. Tah could be the unknown commodity who announces himself like Boateng did eight years ago.

Also I’d find a way to fit in Rudy simply as a backup RB!
Boateng is a tank when fit, but he's still injured... So I think you have a point here!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu May 31, 2018 2:00 pm

On the official DFB page, a 23-man squad has been published. Kevin Trapp, Sebastian Rudy, Jonathan Tah and Nils Petersen are missing.

Also: Oliver Bierhoff on Manuel Neuer: "Manu will go to the World Cup as number 1. As a result, ter Stegen will be the number 2."

+

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Matthias Ginter: "It was the first time I played football blindfolded. It is very difficult. Massive respect."
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Thu May 31, 2018 6:46 pm

Boateng will probably cost Germany the Cup. Either he’ll get injured during an important game or make some kinda error and then talk about “not making mistakes” in the post match press conference.

Germans are behaving like England with their obsession with reputations and player names! This is not 2013-2014 when Boateng was a beast of a central defender. He is slower and much more injury prone now and can make simple errors in must win games.

Say NO to favoritism and fanboyism!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby nm462272 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:48 pm

he and Hummels are still the best CB pairing Germany has

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Thu May 31, 2018 7:15 pm

nm462272 wrote:he and Hummels are still the best CB pairing Germany has

Blind faith is what leads to some of the worst decisions.

Also, you’ll never know that something new is good enough unless you try it out. Change is the only constant.
America USA
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team