You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
7%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
21%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
32%

Total votes : 28

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Lukas » Sat May 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Likely to be 3 Bayern defenders in the WC first XI. God help Germany.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:34 pm

That Hummels attitude has to change... big time

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sat May 19, 2018 10:50 pm

I think Boateng is more unreliable than Hummels.

I think Germany need to play without Ozil because with him it’s like 10 vs 11 while defending.

These are my preferred combinations:

I believe Kroos, Kimmich, Hummels, Reus, Goretzka and Ter Stegen will be key players for Germany in the World Cup.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Sat May 19, 2018 11:25 pm

German NT will be better in 2020. This is a bit of a transition year and no Neuer is huge considering how influential he was in 2014. I guess one could argue a superior attack in 2018 compared to the previous WC negates the need to Neuer to be on the field and playing a Sweeper

Germany has the Bayern back line and most of the German opponents will try countering. Can't feel too confident bout that
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun May 20, 2018 12:27 am

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:German NT will be better in 2020. This is a bit of a transition year and no Neuer is huge considering how influential he was in 2014. I guess one could argue a superior attack in 2018 compared to the previous WC negates the need to Neuer to be on the field and playing a Sweeper

Germany has the Bayern back line and most of the German opponents will try countering. Can't feel too confident bout that

I have a similar feeling. I think Germany should be a real force for EURO 2020.

This World Cup could go really bad for the Germans. The Coach’s stubbornness and favoritism is what I think will cost Germany dearly in Russia this year.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby nm462272 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:47 am

America USA wrote:
Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:German NT will be better in 2020. This is a bit of a transition year and no Neuer is huge considering how influential he was in 2014. I guess one could argue a superior attack in 2018 compared to the previous WC negates the need to Neuer to be on the field and playing a Sweeper

This World Cup could go really bad for the Germans. The Coach’s stubbornness and favoritism is what I think will cost Germany dearly in Russia this year.

people said the same about Löw in 2014
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:01 pm

nm462272 wrote:
America USA wrote:

people said the same about Löw in 2014

And I am convinced to this date that we'd have NEVER won it had it not been for Mustafi's injury...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Manchu » Mon May 21, 2018 12:34 am

#12 wrote:
And I am convinced to this date that we'd have NEVER won it had it not been for Mustafi's injury...

What do you mean? Mustafi started one game the entire 2014 World Cup(against Algeria) and only did so because Hummels was ill. The two important decisions that Low made were to drop Gotze for Klose and to drop Mertesacker, move Boateng(who, instead of Mustafi, was playing RB) to CB, move Lahm to RB, and start both Schweinsteiger and Khedira as CM. Neither decision had anything to do with Mustafi or his availability.

The whole "we only won because Mustafi was injured" is complete bullcrap that was made up to make Low look inflexible.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby America USA » Mon May 21, 2018 1:18 am

Manchu wrote:
#12 wrote:

What do you mean? Mustafi started one game the entire 2014 World Cup(against Algeria) and only did so because Hummels was ill. The two important decisions that Low made were to drop Gotze for Klose and to drop Mertesacker, move Boateng(who, instead of Mustafi, was playing RB) to CB, move Lahm to RB, and start both Schweinsteiger and Khedira as CM. Neither decision had anything to do with Mustafi or his availability.

The whole "we only won because Mustafi was injured" is complete bullcrap that was made up to make Low look inflexible.

Löw is kinda stubborn (inflexible) though. Not selecting Wagner is a very bad decision (IMO). Also recently Götze was hitting decent form.

Portugal and Argentina have announced 35 men preliminary squads. No reason why Germany could not have announced a 30 man preliminary squad that had both Wagner and Götze.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:49 am

Manchu wrote:
#12 wrote:

I'm not making up anything and it’s not about flexibility... He clearly was planning on following up on Siegenthaler's claim that Fullbacks would be of little to no importance in Brazil - and he would’ve played 4 CBs all tournament long had it not been for this injury...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 am

As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:39 pm

https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/boese ... 85604.html

From TZ: Bad omen for Süle? With 27 players called for only 23 spots, 4 must be dropped before the World Cup. If you're going by Trikot numbers, the 4 players on the outside looking in are Jonathan Tah (24), Nils Petersen (25), Niklas Süle (26), and Kevin Trapp (27). Several times in the past, this method has shown who will be dropped from the final squad.

It would be a big mistake to drop Süle from the squad, and I can't picture Jogi dropping both Tah AND Süle. Still, it does fit with past patterns...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Mon May 21, 2018 3:55 pm

It would be mad to choose Ginter over Süle.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Jogi Low is as crazy as Guardiola

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Mon May 21, 2018 5:44 pm

It would be criminal to drop him for Ginter
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team