You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
9%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
18%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
39%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
33%

Total votes : 33

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Tue May 15, 2018 10:35 am

Bayernbazi wrote:Their loyalty is in question, so they should be out from the squad. This reveals what not singing the anthem means. The DFB should set an example with these 2 for any future takers, otherwise it will be chaos. They will not be able to play for Turkey anyway.

Gündogan is worse than Özil...that moustache

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If Ozil was left off the roster for this - there would be Turkish protests in the German streets. Whether this is a battle worth fighting or not, Deutschland has consistently illustrated it will bend the knee to avoid bad publicity and/or social unrest when it pertains to "Non-European" demographics. Even die mannschaft is no different.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 am

IMO they should be left out because of this, especially Gundogan who wrote "To my president, sincerely" on the shirt. Germany should revoke their passports.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue May 15, 2018 10:41 am

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Tue May 15, 2018 10:48 am

I just googled. Whoa, the balls to not just do this but outright admit it

:: Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has revealed in his autobiography that he prays in Turkish on the pitch during the German national anthem before international matches.

“Just before kick-off, I pray. It’s become a tradition of mine. It’s always the same text. I pray in Turkish,” he writes in his autobiography ‘Die Magie des Spiels’ (The Magic of the Game), released on March 16 in German.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue May 15, 2018 10:50 am

I wonder, these guys (Oezil and Gundogan) who clearly prefer Turkey to Germany... why didn't they play for the Turkey national team instead? Why are they playing for Germany and (metaphorically, of course) shitting on the flag?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby longeleven » Tue May 15, 2018 10:55 am

MUTU wrote:I wonder, these guys (Oezil and Gundogan) who clearly prefer Turkey to Germany... why didn't they play for the Turkey national team instead? Why are they playing for Germany and (metaphorically, of course) shitting on the flag?

More fame, more chance to win the title.
Footballers today tend to be like that. I usually wonder if have the right, which country Lewandowski would pick, Germany or Poland? :D
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby icewizard » Tue May 15, 2018 11:11 am

I'm very surprised about your reactions. What is it with today about having multiple citizenships?

In my opinion, Özil (who is supposedly a muslim) should even pray in Arabic (if he reads quran supposedly in the native language), not in turkish. Like jews would pray in hebrew... Or armenian christians would pray in armenian...

There were always communities of foreign-origin in most countries in the world: just when you see german communities in Brazil, Argentina, USA, Canada, Russia... You'll find armenian/iraqi/iranian/turkish/lebanese/... communities all around the world...

So whether you want it or not, people may belong to several countries, just from a basic notion that parents may come from different countries. So people may have respect for both institutions and nations. It doesn't mean you won't play your best when defending a nations color in sport, or do your best when defending a nations integrity in whatever it is.

I'm of Iraqi descent naturalized French. And i'm glad to say i'm both, it doesn't mean i won't say nothing's wrong in France or in Iraq.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Tue May 15, 2018 11:14 am

Ozil stated his father/brother advised him to play for Germany but his mother/sister said Turkey.

Interesting case involving Bayer's player Bailey. If I understood correctly: he is Jamacian but his father fought for the British as a non-National. His request to,play for England was recently denied. He has also voiced interest in possibly waiting for Germany :lol:

How does Arsenal teammate Mkhitaryan feel seeing Armenian genocide denier Erdogan holding that jersey
Last edited by Bavarian_Kielbasa on Tue May 15, 2018 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Tue May 15, 2018 11:21 am

icewizard wrote:I'm very surprised about your reactions. What is it with today about having multiple citizenships?

In my opinion, Özil (who is supposedly a muslim) should even pray in Arabic (if he reads quran supposedly in the native language), not in turkish. Like jews would pray in hebrew... Or armenian christians would pray in armenian...

There were always communities of foreign-origin in most countries in the world: just when you see german communities in Brazil, Argentina, USA, Canada, Russia... You'll find armenian/iraqi/iranian/turkish/lebanese/... communities all around the world...

So whether you want it or not, people may belong to several countries, just from a basic notion that parents may come from different countries. So people may have respect for both institutions and nations. It doesn't mean you won't play your best when defending a nations color in sport, or do your best when defending a nations integrity in whatever it is.

I'm of Iraqi descent naturalized French. And i'm glad to say i'm both, it doesn't mean i won't say nothing's wrong in France or in Iraq.

I think this situation is more serious considering Erdogan has given many speeches where he encourages Turkish diaspora to reject Western assimilation.

As for the anthem - sing it or shut up IMO. There is plenty of time to pray before the kick off. The anthem is Germany time not Ozil time.
Last edited by Bavarian_Kielbasa on Tue May 15, 2018 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:22 am

MUTU wrote:I wonder, these guys (Oezil and Gundogan) who clearly prefer Turkey to Germany... why didn't they play for the Turkey national team instead? Why are they playing for Germany and (metaphorically, of course) shitting on the flag?

Qed tara... you see... you are coming with me then ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:26 am

icewizard wrote:I'm very surprised about your reactions. What is it with today about having multiple citizenships?

but what are you deep inside ? I guess Iraqi - and that is how it should be, I would do the same... you just respect your new country and that is it... we shall never reject our origins. Hence why ozil and gundo should be removed from the Ger nt
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue May 15, 2018 11:29 am

I think the whole point is that he is not a common guy, when he decided to wear that shirt he has accepted a position of responability for Germany.
He is like an ambassador and irrespective of what language he prays in, he must act without doubt where his loyalty is, therefore he cannot address Erdogan as his president especially with all the friction that is going between Erdogan and Merkel.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Tue May 15, 2018 11:34 am

Technically, if he has dual citizenship, he has 2 presidents. I am probably wrong though.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue May 15, 2018 11:40 am

MaCk0y wrote:Technically, if he has dual citizenship, he has 2 presidents. I am probably wrong though.

Technically he may have 2 presidents, but as soon as he chose to put on the German shirt, by his own choice, in the public eye he become a German representative and has shown preference to carry the flag of one over the other. If he didn't want to chose between the 2 he should have passed this on. But now that he did, he must bear that responsibility.

Cem Ozdemir, former leader of the German Green party and himself of Turkish origin, was also scathing.
"The president of an international German footballer is called Frank-Walter Steinmeier, his chancellor Angela Merkel and his parliament the Bundestag, the headquarters of which are in Berlin and not Ankara," Ozdemir told AFP subsidiary SID.
German or Turkish? Footballers’ meeting with Erdogan stokes identity debate
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Tue May 15, 2018 11:48 am

Mutu and ramsej, please don't. We had one last week.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team