You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: General German national team thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:09 am

icewizard wrote:I just wanted to get back to the subject of Marco Reus. This guy must be one of the unluckiest players in football history (i don't say the unluckiest as you have players like colombian sweeper Andrès Escobar who had good potential and got killed after scoring an unfortunate own-goal)...

Anyway to be honest, i just feel sad for him career wise because he could have been one of the Germany greats and would definitively have helped us in Euro 2012 (semi-finals), World Cup 2014 (which we won), Euro 2016 (semi-finals), and World Cup 2018 (which we'll hopefully win, God willing)...

I hope he'll manage to have acheivements in his international career and win the World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020.

Do you imagine having Reus, Draxler, Sané, Özil, Müller, Stindl, Schürrle, Götze as an Offensive Midfielder line-up to support a striker out of Werner, Gomez, Wagner?

What do you think?
As great as Germany's last 8 years have been, we will always be left to wonder what could have been had Reus and Gündogan remained fit for the key tournaments. Even more impressive than the Germany who took Brazil by storm.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Isabella » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:25 pm

icewizard wrote:I just wanted to get back to the subject of Marco Reus. This guy must be one of the unluckiest players in football history (i don't say the unluckiest as you have players like colombian sweeper Andrès Escobar who had good potential and got killed after scoring an unfortunate own-goal)...

Anyway to be honest, i just feel sad for him career wise because he could have been one of the Germany greats and would definitively have helped us in Euro 2012 (semi-finals), World Cup 2014 (which we won), Euro 2016 (semi-finals), and World Cup 2018 (which we'll hopefully win, God willing)...

I hope he'll manage to have acheivements in his international career and win the World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020.

Do you imagine having Reus, Draxler, Sané, Özil, Müller, Stindl, Schürrle, Götze as an Offensive Midfielder line-up to support a striker out of Werner, Gomez, Wagner?

What do you think?

Reus was in the team at Euro12, played all the match of the quarter final and was subbed in the second half of that semi-final ...
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby America USA » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Mustafi and Rudiger are playing themselves out of the National team with their recent performances. :x
America USA
I post all the time

Postby Manchu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:07 pm

America USA wrote:Mustafi and Rudiger are playing themselves out of the National team with their recent performances. :x

Thank god. Neither of them are good enough to be on the World Cup squad, especially given we have Hummels, Boateng, Sule, Howedes, Ginter, and Badstuber.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:22 pm

Höwedes ? He played 1 game so far this season,and he will not into the Juve's rotation.And i almost forgot that he is with long-term injury.Badsuber's last game with the national team was in 2013 or 2014 i believe,and since he's injured at the moment,he is going to be injured at the end of season,just like Reus. I don't like Rüdiger and i HATE Mustafi,but after Hummels and Boateng,they are going to be Germany's most experienced CB's in Russia.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:15 pm

Rani Khedira, you are my hero!

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Augsburg's Rani Khedira turns down opportunity to represent Tunisia at FIFA 2018 World Cup [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:19 pm

MUTU wrote:Rani Khedira, you are my hero!

Augsburg's Rani Khedira turns down opportunity to represent Tunisia at FIFA 2018 World Cup [source]

had the Franco Algerians done so they would have not been able to field a decent tm for the last world cup
Last edited by ramsej84 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Rani Khedira, you are my hero!

had the fraco algerians done so they would have not been able to field a decent tm for the last world cup
And as a result, France had two teams at the World Cup (both of which were eliminated by Germany) and Algeria had none.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:10 am

Augsburg's Rani Khedira turns down opportunity to represent Tunisia at FIFA 2018 World Cup

But at 24 without a senior cap and with Germany having a large pool of midfielders, does he really have a chance? I remember him from the 2011 U17 World Cup in Mexico and I thought he was going to be a much better player.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:10 am

Jorge wrote:
Augsburg's Rani Khedira turns down opportunity to represent Tunisia at FIFA 2018 World Cup

But at 24 without a senior cap and with Germany having a large pool of midfielders, does he really have a chance? I remember him from the 2011 U17 World Cup in Mexico and I thought he was going to be a much better player.
The point is that he was born in Germany and lived his life in Germany, so he feels German. He simply refuses to represent a country that's different from the one he identifies himself as. The fact that he is unlikely to play for Germany makes his actions all the more commendable. I respect him for not being an opportunist.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:41 pm

MUTU wrote:I respect him for not being an opportunist.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.

Luke 6:37 :wink:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Previous

Return to German National Team