You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
6%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
24%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
47%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
24%

Total votes : 17

Re: General German national team thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:20 am

MUTU wrote:Germany will play friendlies at home to Spain (23rd March), at home to Brazil (27th March) and away against Austria (2nd June).

I've not added any of these matches to our fixtures page yet since the kick-off times have not yet been announced.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

^ and yes, I had to include Mueller and Dante :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Austria is not a very good idea...
I can't forgive them for what they did to Deisler prior to a tournament...(forgot which one it was)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Cardiff player with a leg breaking challenge on Leroy Sane today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... le-5322557

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... eroy-sane/

The German National Team account too tweeted on the topic.

Scandalous refereeing in England. That fat bald cunt Lee Mason only showed a yellow when it should have been a straight red. Hopefully that bastard Bennett is handed a retrospective five match ban. Disgusting tackle that.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 pm

America USA wrote:Cardiff player with a leg breaking challenge on Leroy Sane today.

Scandalous refereeing in England. That fat bald cunt Lee Mason only showed a yellow when it should have been a straight red. Hopefully that bastard Bennett is handed a retrospective five match ban. Disgusting tackle that.
Out for Operation Barbarossa then?

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:19 am

ramsej84 wrote:
America USA wrote:Cardiff player with a leg breaking challenge on Leroy Sane today.

Out for Operation Barbarossa then?

Don’t know about that. Leroy was lucky that he did not break his leg but reports say he has hurt his ankle bad. Could be looking at 2-3 months out.

Awful awful referees in the Premier League.Hands down the worst in the top five European leagues. Should’ve been a straight red and then he again went in with a wild lunge on the substitute when he eventually got sent off.

@Lukas - is this the type of football played in England’s lower leagues? Where if you cannot match the opposition in skill you resort to outrageous challenges like this? No wonder England is stuck in the stone ages when it comes to football because this thuggish behavior is tolerated by the FA.

That scum Bennett must be punished. It could have very well been a career ending tackle for Leroy. Being an Arsenal supporter I have seen the same happen to Ramsey in the past. Would never wish this shit on any player, even if it is a rival player for City, United or Barca. These lower table teams don’t want to play football at times and are more interested in taking the opponent out of the game for good.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby Manchu » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:10 am

ramsej84 wrote:Out for Operation Barbarossa then?

Pep said that he could be out for 3 weeks to a month, but given that I doubt that they have fully examined him yet, it could be much longer. Hopefully he doesn't miss the World Cup, but if he does, at least we have plenty of good alternatives(Draxler, Gotze, Brandt, Schurrle). I think that the only really essential players for the World Cup are Muller, Kroos, and Kimmich.* For everyone else, we have good backups.

*Hummels and Boateng are arguable, but we still have Badstuber(even if he is unlikely to be called up), Howedes, Sule, and Ginter. Unfortunately, Low seems to be bent on bringing Rudiger and Mustafi, but that can't be helped.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:25 am

^ I tend to agree with the essential players list but with that being said having the best guys available would be of immense help. Sane has had a good season so far and even if he misses four months he should be alright by May end. The one good news is that Reus will be back in full training soon for Dortmund.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby Manchu » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:32 am

America USA wrote:^ I tend to agree with the essential players list but with that being said having the best guys available would be of immense help. Sane has had a good season so far and even if he misses four months he should be alright by May end. The one good news is that Reus will be back in full training soon for Dortmund.

It's best to treat Reus as if he'll be injured and out of the World Cup until the moment the World Cup actually begins, and even then we shouldn't relax our guard. Also, at this point I'm really not sure that Reus should start ahead of Gotze, Draxler, Sane, and even Schurrle(who always performs much better for the National Team), so there's that.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:44 am

Manchu wrote:It's best to treat Reus as if he'll be injured and out of the World Cup until the moment the World Cup actually begins, and even then we shouldn't relax our guard. Also, at this point I'm really not sure that Reus should start ahead of Gotze, Draxler, Sane, and even Schurrle(who always performs much better for the National Team), so there's that.

You are right about Reus but Schurrle has been mediocre this season. Brandt, Gnabry and the others better step up their game.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby Manchu » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:19 am

America USA wrote:You are right about Reus but Schurrle has been mediocre this season. Brandt, Gnabry and the others better step up their game.

Schurrle has always been mediocre for his club teams. Didn't stop him from having 3 goals and 3 assists last World Cup from the bench. I have my theories about why that might be so which don't reflect quite so well on him as these numbers would suggest(these theories actually connect into my general theory of the game which influences the players I prefer a lot), but still makes sense to bring him as a supersub.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:58 am

That was outrageous...
https://youtu.be/ecVNIpXhy_w
His intention was just to injure the opponent.
I have a feeling that this foul will haunt Sane for the rest of his career...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:28 am

ramsej84 wrote:That was outrageous...
https://youtu.be/ecVNIpXhy_w
His intention was just to injure the opponent.
I have a feeling that this foul will haunt Sane for the rest of his career...

Don't worry...

Spoiler: show
... he'll probably make a tattoo of it or something 8)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:49 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/30/mancheste ... s-7273099/

Sane suffered a torn ankle ligament. Pep says he will be out for 6-7 weeks. I suspect it is a Grade 2 tear and could easily take up to 2 months for the injury to heal completely. This means that he in unlikely to feature in Germany’s March games against Spain and Brazil.

Sad news for Man City fans to lose a quality player because of a Championship thug managed by a dinosaur like Warnock. Who said this.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby Isabella » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:16 pm

Manchu wrote:
America USA wrote:You are right about Reus but Schurrle has been mediocre this season. Brandt, Gnabry and the others better step up their game.

Schurrle has always been mediocre for his club teams. Didn't stop him from having 3 goals and 3 assists last World Cup from the bench. I have my theories about why that might be so which don't reflect quite so well on him as these numbers would suggest(these theories actually connect into my general theory of the game which influences the players I prefer a lot), but still makes sense to bring him as a supersub.

Yes but lately Schurrle was not in the call up, so is likely who Loew will left him out of the squad selection (last one was at March last year).
For me the only players of Dortmund who looks like they have a shot for the WC squad if healthy (and is a big if for all three) are Weigl, Gotze and Reus... maybe also Toljan but is unlikely considering how much Loew like fullbacks
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby icewizard » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:49 am

I just wanted to get back to the subject of Marco Reus. This guy must be one of the unluckiest players in football history (i don't say the unluckiest as you have players like colombian sweeper Andrès Escobar who had good potential and got killed after scoring an unfortunate own-goal)...

Anyway to be honest, i just feel sad for him career wise because he could have been one of the Germany greats and would definitively have helped us in Euro 2012 (semi-finals), World Cup 2014 (which we won), Euro 2016 (semi-finals), and World Cup 2018 (which we'll hopefully win, God willing)...

I hope he'll manage to have acheivements in his international career and win the World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020.

Do you imagine having Reus, Draxler, Sané, Özil, Müller, Stindl, Schürrle, Götze as an Offensive Midfielder line-up to support a striker out of Werner, Gomez, Wagner?

What do you think?
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:09 am

icewizard wrote:I just wanted to get back to the subject of Marco Reus. This guy must be one of the unluckiest players in football history (i don't say the unluckiest as you have players like colombian sweeper Andrès Escobar who had good potential and got killed after scoring an unfortunate own-goal)...

Anyway to be honest, i just feel sad for him career wise because he could have been one of the Germany greats and would definitively have helped us in Euro 2012 (semi-finals), World Cup 2014 (which we won), Euro 2016 (semi-finals), and World Cup 2018 (which we'll hopefully win, God willing)...

I hope he'll manage to have acheivements in his international career and win the World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020.

Do you imagine having Reus, Draxler, Sané, Özil, Müller, Stindl, Schürrle, Götze as an Offensive Midfielder line-up to support a striker out of Werner, Gomez, Wagner?

What do you think?
As great as Germany's last 8 years have been, we will always be left to wonder what could have been had Reus and Gündogan remained fit for the key tournaments. Even more impressive than the Germany who took Brazil by storm.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team