You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Should Joachim Löw remain the German coach?

Yes, he is a great coach.
8%
Yes, because at the moment there's not many options.
23%
No, he should resign as Germany needs a new direction.
42%
No, he should be fired as he's doing a terrible job.
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: General German national team thread

Postby #12 » Wed May 31, 2017 11:42 pm

Yours is fine... Was just pointing out that all those saying these players are Bayern material have no right to claim this is a weak team...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:32 am

ramsej84 wrote:to think of it , it is not a bad team

None of the players in this formation would have been a starter for Bayern this season if everyone was fit. Not a single one. It's not a bad formation, but far from the best either.

Neuer > Ter Stegen
Lahm > Kimmich
Hummels > Mustafi
Boateng > Suele
Alaba > Hector
Vidal > Rudy
Thiago > Can
Robben > Brandt
Mueller > Goretzka
Ribery > Draxler
Lewandowski > Werner
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Not my point though
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Löw: “Champions need competition too”

Germany manager Joachim Löw and the national team have an intense few weeks ahead of them preparing for a friendly in Denmark, a World Cup qualification game against San Marino, and then the Confederations Cup in Russia. The 57-year-old World Cup winning manager speaks with DFB.de on his inexperienced squad, the hopeful talent in it and the anticipation for the tournament in Russia, as well as the political situation in the World Cup 2018 host country.

Full interview in English on DFB.de [source]
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:23 pm

RedQueen wrote:

Germany manager Joachim Löw and the national team have an intense few weeks ahead of them preparing for a friendly in Denmark, a World Cup qualification game against San Marino, and then the Confederations Cup in Russia. The 57-year-old World Cup winning manager speaks with DFB.de on his inexperienced squad, the hopeful talent in it and the anticipation for the tournament in Russia, as well as the political situation in the World Cup 2018 host country.

What's wrong with the political sit in the host Nation???

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:42 pm

It would be great if the Germans manage to retain their world title, and in my view, this potential achievement would be more spectacular than Spain's incredible treble.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Birthday

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:51 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:

Limited freedom of the press (journalists reportedly have received orders from where and what they are allowed to report during the world cup), limited religious freedom (lately Jehovas Witnesses have been declared an illegal organisation), discrimination of gay people etc.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:09 pm

RedQueen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:[quote]Löw: “Champions need competition too”

Limited freedom of the press (journalists reportedly have received orders from where and what they are allowed to report during the world cup), limited religious freedom (lately Jehovas Witnesses have been declared an illegal organisation), discrimination of gay people etc.[/quote]
Football should not get involved in Politics...
Germany has it's laws Russia has other laws Malta has others

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:12 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:[quote="RedQueen"][quote]Löw: “Champions need competition too”

Limited freedom of the press (journalists reportedly have received orders from where and what they are allowed to report during the world cup), limited religious freedom (lately Jehovas Witnesses have been declared an illegal organisation), discrimination of gay people etc.[/quote]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk[/quote]
The WC should have never been given to an authoritarian regime such as Russia (much less to Qatar, of course... Effing FIFA).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:15 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:[quote="ramsej84"][quote="RedQueen"][quote]Löw: “Champions need competition too”

The WC should have never been given to an authoritarian regime such as Russia (much less to Qatar, of course... Effing FIFA).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk[/quote]
Rest assured that all Governments are corrupted...
As much as fifa and uefa.

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:[quote="RedQueen"][quote="ramsej84"][quote="RedQueen"][quote]Löw: “Champions need competition too”

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk[/quote]
Rest assured that all Governments are corrupted...
As much as fifa and uefa.

I'm a Libertarian. I 100% agree that all governments are corrupt and shitty.

That being said, there are shades of shittiness, and... You just can't compare the government of Germany and that of Russia and pretend they're on the same standing. Much less the government of Qatar and a decent government...

Dozens of countries were the WC could take place, and they chose two pretty shitty ones, just because it had be outside Europe/America ("positive" discrimination, that's a thing you don't like right? :-/)

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Isabella » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:38 pm

Russia is in Europe (for FIFA and UEFA and in part geographically)
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:02 pm

Isabella wrote:Russia is in Europe (for FIFA and UEFA and in part geographically)

Yeah, but not culturally, which is what they are looking for. Russians have always thought about themselves as their own thing.

PunkCapitalist

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:06 am

It's a tough one. Usually I'm not entirely a fan of mixing sports and politics. Finding an innocent country is like looking for an honest man in Parliament. :)

But Russia though... I mean we here in the US have our own deal with crazy people on the left and the right so I can't judge. MSM and alternative facts and fake news and comedienne's chopping head. But the stuff with Russia is scary... Hybrid warfare, twitter bots, assassinating opposition politicians, Putin's strongman in Chechnya...

But then I gotta think if there is any place that isn't fucked up. I thought about Singapore since the Singaporeans at my work are cool, but then all the foreigners at my work are cool and I can't move to another country since I always make fun of the white people that want to move to Canada. LIFE man.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:12 am

pyrasur wrote:It's a tough one. Usually I'm not entirely a fan of mixing sports and politics. Finding an innocent country is like looking for an honest man in Parliament. :)

But Russia though... I mean we here in the US have our own deal with crazy people on the left and the right so I can't judge. MSM and alternative facts and fake news and comedienne's chopping head. But the stuff with Russia is scary... Hybrid warfare, twitter bots, assassinating opposition politicians, Putin's strongman in Chechnya...

But then I gotta think if there is any place that isn't **** up. I thought about Singapore since the Singaporeans at my work are cool, but then all the foreigners at my work are cool and I can't move to another country since I always make fun of the white people that want to move to Canada. LIFE man.

Your last paragraph made me

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team